Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Isn't that 'making it personal' though for her? Placing him in 'her' domain-her 'personal space' rachets that up.
    I think the point of it was that Elizabeth was bringing him up to her level.
    Spoiler:
    It would have been perfectly appropriate to put Ladon in the brig and question him there. After all, the last time he was there he was trying to capture the city. Instead, Elizabeth had him brought to her office and thus treated him as a dignitary, not a prisoner. That, I think, explains John's surprise more than adequately.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      I think the point of it was that Elizabeth was bringing him up to her level. [spoiler]It would have been perfectly appropriate to put Ladon in the brig and question him there. After all, the last time he was there he was trying to capture the city. Instead, Elizabeth had him brought to her office and thus treating him as a dignitary, not a prisoner. That, I think, explains John's surprise more than adequately.
      [/QUOTE]

Me? Make a mountain out of a molehill?! *shock* Surely not!

Oh sure, it would explain it logically. I think it was Royal who said that they sensed some deeper subtext in that exchange and oddly, I did as well. I know that I liked the exchange a lot. Perhaps it was just John being a little caught off guard or surprised by an Elizabeth curveball that I enjoyed seeing as how he is usually the one tossing her curveballs. Probably just me overanalyzing something but then that's what I love to do-find hidden nuggies in the 'Where's Sparky?' book of SGA. LOL *sudden vivid image of John wearing 'Waldo' wear pops into head*
      Last edited by Bama; 24 February 2006, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Oh sure, it would explain it logically. I think it was Royal who said that they sensed some deeper subtext in that exchange and oddly, I did as well. I know that I liked the exchange a lot. Perhaps it was just John being a little caught off guard or surprised by an Elizabeth curveball that I enjoyed seeing as how he is usually the one tossing her curveballs. Probably just me overanalyzing something but then that's what I love to do-find hidden nuggies in the 'Where's Sparky?' book of SGA. LOL *sudden vivid image of John wearing 'Waldo' wear pops into head*

John in Waldo wear? That's just...wrong...

I just had to share this. Spoilers for TLG.
        http://www.wraithbait.com/viewstory.php?sid=4949
        It's wonderfully fluffy.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Hey, i'm all for subtext . I agree with Melyanna's logical explanation too, the subtextual one and this one are not mutualy exclusive.
          Spoiler:
          Yes, John was expecting her to bring Ladon to the brig, treat him like a prisoner. And i also agree with Bama here, i think there was something personal about bringing him to her office instead. Maybe not for Elizabeth, for her it was logical to treat Ladon politely, she's like that always trying to negociate peacefully. But for John maybe in the depth of his mind Elizabeth's office is her territory, and it should not be 'tainted' by the Genii.

Comment

..haven't caught up so sorry if it has been said (calculus, you know...)

Anyway... I like that Elizabeth
            Spoiler:
            brought Ladon into her office because she has already shifted towards the dark side.. and shifts even more in the next episode. But before Coup it has been less noticable. During Coup, we get the "If you kill one of my men, we are in a state of WAR!" towards the end. So we see Elizabeth being.. almost herself in the beginning and then... darker towards the end. She saw that peaceful negotiations have failed once again.... before Ladon decided to let the team live, that is.. But they would have been killed if Ladon's sister couldn't have been saved..

Comment

*walks in, totally dazed*

I love my mother, I really, really, REALLY do... She just bought me an early birthday gift...

I finally have Season 1 on DVD. Now I can watch episodes like The Storm and The Eye whenever I want...

*cuddles her new DVD set lovingly* I was planning on renting Pride and Prejudice this weekend and having a chick-flick weekend. Heck with that. There's Sparky stuff to drool over! WOO!

*does Sparky dance*

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
              In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by Erised

Spoiler:
                brought Ladon into her office because she has already shifted towards the dark side.. and shifts even more in the next episode. But before Coup it has been less noticable. During Coup, we get the "If you kill one of my men, we are in a state of WAR!" towards the end. So we see Elizabeth being.. almost herself in the beginning and then... darker towards the end. She saw that peaceful negotiations have failed once again.... before Ladon decided to let the team live, that is.. But they would have been killed if Ladon's sister couldn't have been saved..
                I find a contrast in her getting darker, 'cause in a way she has, she's more willing to do things the Elizabeth from say The Rising would've frowned upon. But she's also become lighter, less stiff, she looks more feminine, sexier, flirtier.
                Last edited by Luz; 24 February 2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelQueen
                  *walks in, totally dazed*

I love my mother, I really, really, REALLY do... She just bought me an early birthday gift...

I finally have Season 1 on DVD. Now I can watch episodes like The Storm and The Eye whenever I want...

*cuddles her new DVD set lovingly* I was planning on renting Pride and Prejudice this weekend and having a chick-flick weekend. Heck with that. There's Sparky stuff to drool over! WOO!

*does Sparky dance*

AQ
                  You are so darn lucky!!! And I agree, forget the chick flicks and revel in the Sparky!

Spoiler:
                  Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Heya ppl! Still not reading the white spaces. Must. Be. Strong.

That quiz was fun. But what was with the 'hair' queries. Seriously. But, I got Elizabeth. Then Teyla a close second and finished off w/Sam & Vala.

BF: I got Daniel *OMG!SQUEE* 92%
                    Jack, Ronon, Carson = 75%
                    Teal'c, John, Cam = 67%
                    Rodney = 58%
                    Aiden = 42%

I love Snowbound. It makes me Also Angel Leviathan updated a lot too. I've only read one though: Tease. CUTE. here's the link: Tease

Okay and this one is funny: So Serious
                    Last edited by sunny; 24 February 2006, 02:00 PM.
                    ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Erised

Spoiler:
                      Perhaps John was
                      Spoiler:
                      surprised at how readily she seemed to want to be the 'one' to go after Ladon aggressively? Gah, I dunno, I feel like a dog chasin it's tail with this but there was just something that told me John would have liked to have had five mins with Elizabeth *alone* before taking on the interrogation. Maybe he wanted to know what her gut feeling was beforehand or for what reason she would bring him in her domain so readily. And yeah, Elizabeth to the 'dark side' was a definite vibe I got -more than ever- in this ep. I'd like to think John is sensing that change in her and wondering where she is 'at'.

Comment

Perhaps John was
                        Spoiler:
                        surprised at how readily she seemed to want to be the 'one' to go after Ladon aggressively? Gah, I dunno, I feel like a dog chasin it's tail with this but there was just something that told me John would have liked to have had five mins with Elizabeth *alone* before taking on the interrogation. Maybe he wanted to know what her gut feeling was beforehand or for what reason she would bring him in her domain so readily. And yeah, Elizabeth to the 'dark side' was a definite vibe I got -more than ever- in this ep. I'd like to think John is sensing that change in her and wondering where she is 'at'.
                        I think it's entirely likely that she and John did have a chat before going in there. I was skimming through this scene while vidding last night, and made some observations.
                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth told John to take Ladon to her office, not to have him taken there. The difference in phrase is subtle, but indicates that John was to take care of this himself, not have someone else do it. Yet when Elizabeth arrives in her office, it's with John. I imagine that John got Ladon to her office and then met her on her way from the infirmary.

Like Luz said, my explanation and a more subtextual one aren't mutually exclusive. I like the exchange because it suggests a sort of intimacy, for lack of a better word. John's gotten to know her well enough that he thinks he can predict what she wants (like knowing at the end of Critical Mass that she was simmering about events and needed to talk to someone about it). More than anything else, I think he was startled by her decision because he'd failed to predict it, rather than what the decision actually was.

As for John's sense of where she is mentally, I think it's Allies before we see that.
                        Spoiler:
                        There's a horrifying scene where they've transformed a Wraith into a human, and the Wraith queen, accompanied by John, Elizabeth, Carson, and some Marines, comes in. She immediately starts feeding on the man, and John's reaction is to draw his weapon. Elizabeth tells him to put it away, because they knew this was going to happen. The look of horror on John's face really spoke volumes.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Perhaps John was
                          Spoiler:
                          I think
                          Spoiler:
                          you're right and he is wondering where she is at.. or at least started after that "my office" line... but OOooo man I just realized it's Michael today... now THAT WAS DARK!!! though Allies was even darker..but the fast transition and shock about Lizzie's decision is so big that you just want to kick something... Then Allies... is kinda even darker ...But that sedatives line totally improved my mood and gave me lots of hopes for season 3! That line keeps bugging me every day... aaarggh I want to know!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I don't what Elizabeth darker! They better not make her darker in S3 because I would have to talk to them about that.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Those quizzes are really fun! "Does your boyfriend suck the life out of you?"
                              For the Atlantis boyfriend I got Sheppard.
                              For Stargate boyfriend I got Carson (83%), Daniel(75%), John(75%), then Aiden(67%).
                              And I am most like Weir!
                              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Finally got a chance to take the quizzes.

Boyfriend Quiz

Mitchell, Rodney - 75% (*goggles* I always figured that if I somehow ended up with Rodney, I'd try to strangle him within a week! As for Mitchell... *grins* I can't complain too much...)

Jack, Carson, Aiden - 67% (SWEET! Though, I probably wouldn't try to date Carson for fear of incurring Cadman's wrath! )

Daniel - 58% (*giggles*)

John - 50% (*sighs* But I want HIM! He's the best of them all...)

Ronon - 17% (*is relieved* Now Teyla won't try to kill me.)

Teal'c - 8% (Hmph. I'd rather be friends with him anyway. I like his sense of humor. )

Stargate Girl Quiz

Teyla, Lizzie - 40% (WOOHOO! I can be Lizzie! YES! That automatically means I get Shep! *dies*)

Vala - 33% (*chokes* Ooo! This could be fun...)

Sam - 20% (*sighs* I guess I'm just not meant to be the brain... *shrugs* I can live with that. )

Fun!

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
                                In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Working...
                                X