Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    On TLG I must admit before i wacthed the episode i always imagined McKay angstin' over the possibility of Sheppard/Weir but now
    Spoiler:
    after seeing his reaction, the angst is gone. He's *so* gonna have this big grin on his face when this two finally figure things out.
    *nods*
    Spoiler:
    Oh yeah, he's going to be having so major fun with this one! He can torment the both of them with this for years! Not to mention (the blindly optimistic part of me believes this) telling their kids about Mummy and Daddy's first kiss!
    *cackles*

This thread moves so fast!

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
    In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      *eyes Mel* Or possibly new chapters of fics about diplomatic Lizabeth somewhere in Europe? *whistles innocently*
      I told you last night, I'm posting Part II of International Relations on Valentine's Day. That gives me time to finish the last scene and do some editing.

Here, stare at this for a while. Might hold you over.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        I told you last night, I'm posting Part II of International Relations on Valentine's Day. That gives me time to finish the last scene and do some editing.
        Yay!!! Something to look forward to on Valentines Day

but i think she's the one that'll make a move because she's more secure than he is, and he thinks he's going to muck it up somehow.
        She's in a more secure position too. She's the boss, so if she makes a move and John says "Er, this is morally wrong" or whatever, then Elizabeth can say "I'm the boss. Let me decide that". But if John made the first move and she said that, then things could get awkward and it could possibly ruin a very good friendship. [/rambling]

Comment

Boy, Elizabeth really goes for it, doesn't she?
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
            She's in a more secure position too. She's the boss, so if she makes a move and John says "Er, this is morally wrong" or whatever, then Elizabeth can say "I'm the boss. Let me decide that". But if John made the first move and she said that, then things could get awkward and it could possibly ruin a very good friendship. [/rambling]
            I have a bit of a cruel streak in me, 'cause i've always wanted John to be the one to make the first move. And i've always Elizabeth to reject him . Let him be the one who has do do the chasing for once .
            Lately i've found myself finding my faith in tptb renewed, i know at first i had this very negative concept of them. But now, i'm not so sure, i'm beginning to thing that this guys could actually pull it off. The relationship has been developing at a very slow natural pace, and they do write great friendship.
            Or maybe i'm just feeling mushy 'cause i've been listening to fluffy music all morning, there are only so many times you can listen to "que sera sera" before you begin to hallucinate.

Comment

LOL, good work Mel! distract them with the shiny.
              ~Athena

Comment

One of the best things about TLG is
                Spoiler:
                it demonstrates that Sheppard and Weir are each others' weakness.

We've seen it before, particularly in The Storm/Eye and any other episode that Elizabeth is angsting over Shep. I haven't spoiled myself yet for anything in Season 3, but I do expect to see this theme more. I think eventually it'll be what ultimately either brings them together or makes them realize they can't.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
                I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
                  One of the best things about TLG is
                  Spoiler:
                  it demonstrates that Sheppard and Weir are each others' weakness.

We've seen it before, particularly in The Storm/Eye and any other episode that Elizabeth is angsting over Shep. I haven't spoiled myself yet for anything in Season 3, but I do expect to see this theme more. I think eventually it'll be what ultimately either brings them together or makes them realize they can't.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
                  I don't get the weakness thing, could you explain further?, i don't have a clear idea on my head. Maybe because i still have my upbringing deeply ingrained on my head "never show weakness", or my father's favorite: "apologies are for the weak". So weakness sounds like a negative thing to relate to Shep/Weir.
                  Actually i've always thought they make eachother stronger, imagine how great it must be to have someone you know you can trust with everything. You know no matter what kind of crap you find yourself into they'll always be there to help you getting out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelQueen
                    *laughs* I so know which one you're talking about! I read it too! *jogs off to get the link*

*jogs back in*

Once More With Feeling

This is so adorable! I squeed the entire time I read it! She must have been so , while he was probably . I know I was !

AQ
                    That was truly adorable. I could totally see Rodney being that annoying (not that he isn't annoying already, in his own cute geeky way). But I think it might take some pushing like that for John to actually get up the nerve to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      I don't get the weakness thing, could you explain further?, i don't have a clear idea on my head. Maybe because i still have my upbringing deeply ingrained on my head "never show weakness", or my father's favorite: "apologies are for the weak". So weakness sounds like a negative thing to relate to Shep/Weir.
                      Actually i've always thought they make eachother stronger, imagine how great it must be to have someone you know you can trust with everything. You know no matter what kind of crap you find yourself into they'll always be there to help you getting out of it.
                      They do make each other stronger, no doubt about that. But because of that they also are the weakest point. What I mean by that is they have it used against them. Kolya discovered that about Sheppard. In order to keep her alive, Shep did what Kolya said. The other most obvious episode was TLG
                      Spoiler:
                      when Phoebus used Elizabeth against John (or is it John against Elizabeth?? ). She knew John couldn't say no to Elizabeth, that John trusts her with his life, no questions asked. He didn't seem particularly comfortable with it but he agreed nonetheless. That is the weakness that Phoebus exploited.

I hope that helped a little to clarify my point. Sometimes I can't explain very well. Maybe after lunch I can think more coherently.
                      I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

They do make each other stronger, no doubt about that. But because of that they also are the weakest point. What I mean by that is they have it used against them. Kolya discovered that about Sheppard. In order to keep her alive, Shep did what Kolya said. The other most obvious episode was TLG
                        Spoiler:
                        when Phoebus used Elizabeth against John (or is it John against Elizabeth?? ). She knew John couldn't say no to Elizabeth, that John trusts her with his life, no questions asked. He didn't seem particularly comfortable with it but he agreed nonetheless. That is the weakness that Phoebus exploited.

I hope that helped a little to clarify my point. Sometimes I can't explain very well. Maybe after lunch I can think more coherently.
                        Yes, I get it now, they are so important to eachother, and depend so much on eachother, that while it makes them stronger could be used against them by third parties.

Yeah, i see your point now, TLG
                        Spoiler:
                        I still insist sheppard being the hottest guy in the room helped a lot, lol. No, seriously, i haven't been able to make up my mind on what motives might Phoebus have had for choosing Sheppard. To me it could've been a mixture, she read Weir's memories, and might have known Sheppard would try to stop Thalan from hurting Weir.

Comment

Quick message.
                          I don't know if we may do that but there's a new John/Liz forum open.
                          Link:
                          http://www.sheppardweir.com/forum/index.php?
                          Come join us!!! The more, the merier.
                          Liz

Comment

Spoiler:
                            That does make quite a bit of sense. Koyla saw just how much Elizabeth's state of being meant to John. He told him she was dead and he goes off and slaughters nearly his entire team. But once it was revealed that she was still alive, John was the very picture of cooperation (well, as close to that as he'll get, anyway).

And then in TLG,
                            Spoiler:
                            Phoebus no doubt saw just how well Elizabeth knew John and considered it a bonus for her coming conflict.

Though, the whumping part of me could also consider the possibility that Phoebus and Thalan wanted Elizabeth and John to suffer as well. Thalan told Ronan that John was screaming inside his head, and Elizabeth was no doubt doing the same. The two were going around, assaulting their friends, and John and Elizabeth were seeing it all being done with their own two hands.

They're both going to have to deal with some major guilt issues after this.

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
                            In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              Quick message.
                              Link:
                              Liz
                              oh wow! A forum for just our two sparkys?? ..joining..

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                Quick message.
                                Link:
                                Liz
                                Joined!!

Oh and I made a vid, go check it out here. It's my first one... *shy*

Comment

Working...
                                X