X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelQueen
    Oh yes, and he angsted in Epiphany when
    Spoiler:
    he thought that everyone had abandoned him for a good six months. Heck, he was even rather cranky with Elizabeth until he found out about the time difference thingy. But he should have faith. When he lands himself into trouble, she'll do whatever she can to drag him back out!
    well, in Inferno
    Spoiler:
    he says elizabeth will find a way to rescue them,so he know it now!

And then there's the angst of Conversion
    Spoiler:
    when he told her to get away from him, that he was fast losing control himself. He didn't like it that she was coming to see him alone when he was in such a state.

And let's not forget the whole 'knocking her against the wall and trying to strangle her' thing. I can totally imagine him angsting over that when he recalled doing that.
    and then later in conversion
    Spoiler:
    he wakes up and immediately says 'did i hurt anyone' and he's looking at her as he says it...he is so angsting about hurting her..and she reassures him!!!! it's so sweet
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      yep! a little bit hey that little bit still keeps my hopes up for season 3 TPTB got a little carried away with kirking for some reason... Did you know that review for The Tower was removed from GW main page? [sarcasm]...wow I wonder why![/sarcasm] I hope TPTB have read it.
      why, was the review bad? [sarcasm] someone didn't like it? Shock horror![/sarcasm]

Comment

Sorry trying to catch up here.

yep! so excited! Finally some
        Spoiler:
        possible Lizzie whumping!! ........arrggghh I feel mean again! But with Elizabeth whumping, we will get
        angst, character development (maybe Liz's and John's), see more of Torri's amazing acting skills , see more of the other side of both characters, a fabulous episode..
        er.. have I missed anything?
        That two-parter is the set of episodes I am most looking forward to for next season.
        Spoiler:
        Lizzie whumping, or really anything that would give John angst is definitely worth getting excited over. I'm really hoping this will lead to John breaking out of his shy shell and make a move, even if only a hug, something just to show her he really cares about her.

Not that I'm not looking forward to the Season 3 premier either.
        Spoiler:
        John presumed dead, could lead to another sparky moment like Seige III although I do hope anything like a hug or something comes from him, *sigh*

And then there's the angst of Conversion
        Spoiler:

when he told her to get away from him, that he was fast losing control himself. He didn't like it that she was coming to see him alone when he was in such a state.

And let's not forget the whole 'knocking her against the wall and trying to strangle her' thing. I can totally imagine him angsting over that when he recalled doing that.

He's whumped on so much, even if a lot of it is very subtle. *huggles John*
        I must agree, I'm sure that whole incident in Conversion really had him feeling absolutely terrible for what he did. Perhaps even, a bit worried about getting too close to her, because of how she might still feel about it. But, thankfully TPTB didn't really go into the aftermath of that, and we still have our sparky couple being all flirty
        Spoiler:
        like Lizzie's comments about John's beard in Epiphany, I absolutely loved that scene. *squee*

Honestly, July needs to come faster. All this talk about
        Spoiler:
        the Poor Weir
        episode, has really got me anxious for season 3 to start.

Comment

I know it's obvious on his side I just hate it that only Elizabeth kind of...expresses her feelings more. I don't care how shy he is it just seems to me that doing the first move is his kind of character, not Elizabeth's.
          Really? I always figured it would be Elizabeth making the first move. John's too insecure. He has trust issues. He even stated in The Tower that he never sees this coming (chicks getting naked, presumably ). I think that especially with Elizabeth, John will not make any moves. He doesn't want to misread anything or screw up the one solid friendship he's got. I think it'll take a lot of nudging from third parties and a bit of coaxing from Elizabeth. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if they both needed nudging. I think it might even be one of those situations where neither John nor Elizabeth want to damage what they have and so refuse to take it further. They may need to be talked into it, have it be absolved and justified by the rest of team before anything really takes place.

Nah, I haven't thought about it much at all.
          I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
            Really? I always figured it would be Elizabeth making the first move. John's too insecure. He has trust issues. He even stated in The Tower that he never sees this coming (chicks getting naked, presumably ). I think that especially with Elizabeth, John will not make any moves. He doesn't want to misread anything or screw up the one solid friendship he's got. I think it'll take a lot of nudging from third parties and a bit of coaxing from Elizabeth. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if they both needed nudging. I think it might even be one of those situations where neither John nor Elizabeth want to damage what they have and so refuse to take it further. They may need to be talked into it, have it be absolved and justified by the rest of team before anything really takes place.

I agree- there's no way John will make the first move. Knowing TPTB, if they eventually get round to the two of them getting together it will be just before or just after (possibly during) a suicide mission. Waitasec, that sounds familiar.....
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

LOL Michelle!

haha! Yeah I think they both need nudging... John more than Elizabeth.. and well McKay is apparently a sparky . Imagine a scene where John is teasing Rodney about .. er.. (what's that redhead girls' name?) and that she is always looking at him, smiling, blah blah...and how he should go and kiss her right then..
              and then Rodney goes like..
              "Oh yeah?? Why don't you do that to Elizabeth?"
              John: "huh?"
              Rodney: "oh please.. don't tell me you haven't noticed the way she looks at you!"

yeah that's the best I could come up with, but you get the idea..

Comment

*laughs* No, not at all!

But I think you're right, John does have a few trust issues, most likely stemming back to days and parts still-unknown. The fact that he was tossed down to Antarctica to serve at McMurdo seems like it's just the tip of the iceburg, pardon the pun. And there are even some self-esteem issues that he's been working through, probably since the day he came to Atlantis.

And Elizabeth's good for him in that as well. The fact that she wanted him on her team, despite his record, really means a lot of him and he's determined to never make her regret it. And given how close he's let her get to him, she might be able to - finally - convince him that he is respected there on Atlantis and that no one's out to drop him at a moment's notice.

Well, accept for
                Spoiler:
                Goa'ulded!Caldwell
                , but that's another story.

As for Elizabeth herself, I think she's rather hesitant herself to take it any further, no matter how much she'd absolutely love to.
                Spoiler:
                She's protected him from the brass back on Earth when they wanted to replace him with Caldwell,
                but if something got screwed up between them, I've no doubt that it would eventually get back to the people back home and John would be the first one they'd pull out. That's something she - obviously - has no desire to see.

These two are obviously going to need several pushes from third parties. But they do have Rodney and Carson, who are definitely Sparky shippers, so hopefully those two will come up with something!

Hope springs eternal.

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
                In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                  well, in Inferno
                  Spoiler:
                  he says elizabeth will find a way to rescue them,so he know it now!
                  I was so ridiculously moved when i heard him say that Inferno
                  Spoiler:
                  SHEPPARD: Elizabeth will try to dial us back. When she can’t get through ... (he thinks for a moment) ... she’ll send the Daedalus.
                  His blind trust in her, it's so sweet. McKay was all "we're screwed", but Sheppards attitude was "she'll save us, i know it. Elizabeth won't let us down". I was squeeing i still am, i loved Inferno.

These two are obviously going to need several pushes from third parties. But they do have Rodney and Carson, who are definitely Sparky shippers, so hopefully those two will come up with something!
                  It would have to be very subtle, 'cause having two characters playing matchmakers sounds a bit fanfic-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    Spoiler:
                    SHEPPARD: Elizabeth will try to dial us back. When she can’t get through ... (he thinks for a moment) ... she’ll send the Daedalus.
                    His blind trust in her, it's so sweet. McKay was all "we're screwed", but Sheppards attitude was "she'll save us, i know it. Elizabeth won't let us down". I was squeeing i still am, i loved Inferno.
                    *sighs dreamily* Why is it that I can never resist reading all of these spoilers? Beautiful.

Originally posted by Luz
                    It would have to be very subtle, 'cause having two characters playing matchmakers sounds a bit fanfic-ish.
                    Oh yes, this is true. Having those two do something about it is just me being ridiculously optimistic.

AQ

In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      Spoiler:

I squeeed so much, and bounced up and down saying 'i was right? do you see that!! he know now!!!'. Bit pointless really, as i was alone....

Comment

Oh yes, this is true. Having those two do something about it is just me being ridiculously optimistic.

AQ
                        I can't resist spoilers either , i have no will force, i see spoiler and i'm drawn to it.
                        I read a fanfic yesterday where McKay was teasing Sheppard telling him that he and Elizabeth didn't have any sparks. So sheppard went and kissed Weir to prove him wrong, lol, really funny. Only it wasn't yeasterday, more like today in the very early morning and i was almost asleep, and i can't remember the name .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          I read a fanfic yesterday where McKay was teasing Sheppard telling him that he and Elizabeth didn't have any sparks. So sheppard went and kissed Weir to prove him wrong, lol, really funny. Only it wasn't yeasterday, more like today in the very early morning and i was almost asleep, and i can't remember the name .
                          *laughs* I so know which one you're talking about! I read it too! *jogs off to get the link*

*jogs back in*

Once More With Feeling

This is so adorable! I squeed the entire time I read it! She must have been so , while he was probably . I know I was !

AQ

Comment

maaan I haven't posted this in awhile..
                            TLG spoiler *lol*
                            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/LJAtl/TLG.jpg

Comment

*laughs* I so know which one you're talking about! I read it too! *jogs off to get the link*

*jogs back in*

Once More With Feeling

This is so adorable! I squeed the entire time I read it! She must have been so , while he was probably . I know I was !

AQ
                              Yeah! that's the one i loved this part
                              Spoiler:
                              “If I-“ he looked into her eyes and she shivered again. “If I screw this up…”

“This? You mean us?”

“I don’t think you realize how few real friends I have. How few people there are whom I can trust with… everything.”

“How many?”

“Well, there’s you. And that’s pretty much it.” Elizabeth stared at him.

It's pretty much what you were talking about earlier, the trust issue.

On TLG I must admit before i wacthed the episode i always imagined McKay angstin' over the possibility of Sheppard/Weir but now
                              Spoiler:
                              after seeing his reaction, the angst is gone. He's *so* gonna have this big grin on his face when this two finally figure things out.

Comment

maaan I haven't posted this in awhile..
                                TLG spoiler *lol*
                                http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/LJAtl/TLG.jpg
                                *giggles* Now that's entertainment!

AQ

Comment

Working...
                                X