Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buggy542
    Really? Hmm...

I find it so odd that they would put something like that on a preview. Are they trying to attract different viewers or something? I mean, "babe magnet"? Sure, it's true (), but to display it so blatantly seems very un-Stargate-like.
    I agree. I can't remember them doing that with SG-1-even with Jack. Perhaps they feel like they've got a lot more young female viewers for SGA? Maybe someone at mission control did a new demo study and found some interesting 'numbers'? If so, they need to do a more comprehensive study and I think they'll find that more want to see john pursuing more serious type relationships and less 'pimping'.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      *Hugs Bama* Good to see you again!

Even my teen son gagged at that "Babe Magnet" promo. Do they really think fans enjoy seeing Sheppard portrayed like that?
      hmmm... i truely dont want him portrayed like that!!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

ahhh, okay! Thought SciFi was pulling another fast one - cutting scenes for more male enhancement commercials. *LOL*
        LMAO! I just got a sudden vision of 'John' hawking prophylactics and 'Caldwell' hawking Viagara.

...back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          LMAO! I just got a sudden vision of 'John' hawking prophylactics and 'Caldwell' hawking Viagara.

Hey - you could be on to something. Product placement! More revenue for Skiffy. *LOL*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

Hopefully Torri and Darren will have a "chat" first. Darren said he might do an "Ask Torri" thread if she would like. That would limit people to ONE question at a time and she wouldn't be bombarded with a lot of nonsense. But that would be up to her.
              *hugs FP back*

I think it's great that Torri did come online and got to see just how adored she is nowadays in comparison with the total lack of love she felt in her first experience online. Good for her. Might be best if Torri just popped in and out at her own leisure. It's hard enough to get on gateworld now at times with the crashing and slowdowns. I doubt Torri understands how popular elizabeth is as of yet and she'd most likely send this place to a screeching halt if she 'announced' her coming arrivals. But the best part of it is...I bet my bottom dollar that she's peeked in the biggest thread having something to do with her character -don't you guys? Hope she got her gut full of sparky wishes!!!! Maybe she can share the prevailing sentiment *here*with ol' Brad and the boys.

Comment

Regarding the preview for next week, I recall another show that had misleading and crappy promos. Though that was on a crappy network anyway. I'm kind of surprised the Sci Fi channel stooped to that.

As for Torri posting, good on her! I do cringe at everyone clamoring to get noticed, though. This is mostly why actors don't peruse their own shows' websites. It freaks them out. (I've heard this from actors themselves, btw.) If TH has the stamina, then I applaud her! The web can be very intimidating if you're even somewhat new.

Anyway, blahblahblah...
                I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

*hugs FP back*

I think it's great that Torri did come online and got to see just how adored she is nowadays in comparison with the total lack of love she felt in her first experience online. Good for her. Might be best if Torri just popped in and out at her own leisure. It's hard enough to get on gateworld now at times with the crashing and slowdowns. I doubt Torri understands how popular elizabeth is as of yet and she'd most likely send this place to a screeching halt if she 'announced' her coming arrivals. But the best part of it is...I bet my bottom dollar that she's peeked in the biggest thread having something to do with her character -don't you guys? Hope she got her gut full of sparky wishes!!!! Maybe she can share the prevailing sentiment *here*with ol' Brad and the boys.
                  A big part of her increased popularity these days is really because she gets out and meets the fans... I know she certainly rose in our estimation down under when she did her tour last year and raved on about her visit here. Fandom may be fickle but fandom does appreciate a celebrity taking the time.

I really hope we don't scare her away... the Wow thread went berserk yesterday... She was put off by a lack of love in the past, I hope she won't be put off by too much of it.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That Babe Magent Promo bothered me.. :/ I think the Whole Babe Magnet thing should be transfered to Rodney! LOl..and then he can chase a whole bunch of girls and then get turned down..and the Shep can focuse on important things... Liz!!

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

*hugs FP back*

We..on Torri threads that is, thought that she picked Elizabeth WOW thread instead of her Appreciation thread, because it has to be a bit uncomfortable to be in a thread that's got your name on it. ...even if every post screams how much we appreciate and love her. It's easier to be in a thread of your character IMO. I might be wrong though

stubadingdong
                      , I know what you mean. All the newbies are registering now and even some regular GW members went there today, people who didn't give a damn about it before! Now there is 20+ pages of pure spam. I hope Torri won't look at through it, but will comment on what she wanted to before, but didn't have time.

Comment

i love your sig LadyBozi!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Erised
                        We..on Torri threads that is, thought that she picked Elizabeth WOW thread instead of her Appreciation thread, because it has to be a bit uncomfortable to be in a thread that's got your name on it. ...even if every post screams how much we appreciate and love her. It's easier to be in a thread of your character IMO. I might be wrong though
                        very true and i agree as i am a part of that "We"

Comment

Thanks Lexa Jayde... lol..I always peek into this thread...cuz Imma Sparky lover too..but you guys write too fast! I can bearly keep up! lol...

**..goes for a quick visit to Spanky..***

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBozi
                            That Babe Magent Promo bothered me.. :/ I think the Whole Babe Magnet thing should be transfered to Rodney! LOl..and then he can chase a whole bunch of girls and then get turned down..and the Shep can focuse on important things... Liz!!
                            Next thing we'll see is Gratitous John ass and too upclose!Teyla clevage shots and they may even put Elizabeth in tighter boob enhancing shirts.

Wait...

Sex sells -sure- but these marketing -and writing- dudes need to figure out that bimbos will wear their welcome out sooner rather than later. Keep the John ass shot-lose the bimbo and keep upping the emotional ante between characters that we the audience actually *care* about. Hint: Teenage blond prom queen is *not* one of those people.

Comment

Sex sells -sure- but these marketing -and writing- dudes need to figure out that bimbos will wear their welcome out sooner rather than later. Keep the John ass shot-lose the bimbo and keep upping the emotional ante between characters that we the audience actually *care* about. Hint: Teenage blond prom queen is *not* one of those people.

Comment

You know, I remember reading the ratings for Scifi that GW posted for "Epiphany" and the ratings were "lower" and the next week was "Critcal Mass" and the ratings had an improvement. Who wants to bet that when the ratings for "The Tower" comes out it's going to be one of the "lower" week ratings?

NOw that I think about it. I don't mind "Sanctuary" as much anymore. But that maybe because I loved listening to Torri and Rachel's commenteries on the episode in the DVDs.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X