Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Teyla does seem to appeal to the younger segment of the audience. Strangely, though, most of the guys I know who watch the show don't like her at all. It's like they want something other than a body to look at. Very odd.
    That's the main problem with Teyla. If they gave her a proper combat gear to dress and something to tie her hair, it would be so much more realistic.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Teyla does seem to appeal to the younger segment of the audience. Strangely, though, most of the guys I know who watch the show don't like her at all. It's like they want something other than a body to look at. Very odd.
      Most of my friends actually dislike her though. I can't explain it but whenever she comes on screen we just *facepalm*... literally... I think its the whole "If we meet any females they must be space babes" which is really obnoxious. Weir is the opposite of that while being extremely pretty, she doesn't have to wear belly shirts or what not to get all the guys (and girls) to respect and look up to her.
      Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Also seems that the Teyla threads are almost 90% girls posting. Debunks the theory that guys just want "looks" in a girl.

But back on topic. . .in the Shep Discussion thread there was some talk of Rodney seeing Dr. Heightmeir professionally (not dating) and would Sheppard or any of the others be seeing her as well (especially with the stress-factor being ratcheted up lately)? As the rumor-mill says Dr. H. will be "recurring" next season, we could possibly get more backstory on some of our characters through visits with her.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
          Most of my friends actually dislike her though. I can't explain it but whenever she comes on screen we just *facepalm*... literally... I think its the whole "If we meet any females they must be space babes" which is really obnoxious. Weir is the opposite of that while being extremely pretty, she doesn't have to wear belly shirts or what not to get all the guys (and girls) to respect and look up to her.
          Yes, let's all remember Anise.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Weir is the opposite of that while being extremely pretty, she doesn't have to wear belly shirts or what not to get all the guys (and girls) to respect and look up to her.
            Prime example of this is Gillian Anderson on "X-Files". TPTB wanted hot blonde, and "big" on top - they said Gillian wasn't pretty enough. Chris Carter had to fight to get Gillian hired, and luckily he won.

Torri H. is in a similar position. She isn't drop-dead gorgeous but the more you know her, the more attractive she is. Makes for a much more interesting character.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Also seems that the Teyla threads are almost 90% girls posting. Debunks the theory that guys just want "looks" in a girl.

But back on topic. . .in the Shep Discussion thread there was some talk of Rodney seeing Dr. Heightmeir professionally (not dating) and would Sheppard or any of the others be seeing her as well (especially with the stress-factor being ratcheted up lately)? As the rumor-mill says Dr. H. will be "recurring" next season, we could possibly get more backstory on some of our characters through visits with her.
              Well, one of the (very) vague quotes from Joseph Mallozzi on Season 2 suggested that the second episode of the next season will deal with the psychological aftermath of the siege and their year of isolation. It'd be interesting to see people going through some form of therapy for post-traumatic stress.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Shhh..I'm at work...and managed to sneak in here while my Supervisor is off wandering around. I guess it was a good thing my usual computer died on me today. Anyways for once I can be in the discussion while it's happening sorta...

I'm not sure maturity is the right word here — perhaps experience? Teyla has spent her time leading a group of people with a common goal, survival. Elizabeth has spent her career trying to get people to find a common goal. She's much better at conflict resolution, whereas Teyla is pretty good at starting conflicts.
                Experience was definately the word I was looking for, but I guess I was chatting with someone who was lacking that night after you signed off that that word was lulling around in my brain.

You mean like this?
                Exactly. *thunk*

Well, we've had a few converts in here. Astro claims that Major Fischer and I brainwashed her...
                Where's Astro when she needs to come and defend herself?

Originally posted by Lys
                That's the main problem with Teyla. If they gave her a proper combat gear to dress and something to tie her hair, it would be so much more realistic.
                I said this a couple of times. I don't hate Teyla's character. I'm just indifferent to her. I think its her supposed 'combat gear' that really annoys me.

Ugh...don't remind me of Anise. I swear Teyla's been raiding Anises closet!

Anyways off to lunch...be back in 45 minutes.
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt

Where's Astro when she needs to come and defend herself?
                  She's been in Inverness all day, well spent 7 hours on a train there and back for a two hour meeting.. ack...Then I was watching Supervolcano... yikes!

Yes, I was brainwashed I'm sure, because I can't remember for the life of me why I became a W/S shipper, I can remember vaguely some chat about penguins then it all gets a bit hazy...

*shakes head to clear woozy feeling*

So many great posts today! I don't know,I just like Elizabeth, she's bright, she's sexy, she's dedicated, she has a heart, she's real.. she has depth. What motivates her interests me, and I love her vibe with Sheppard (I wouldn't be here if I didn't). I wonder how it's all going to pan out next season with
                  Spoiler:
                  this cursed new colonel, because it really means that Sheppard in effect is demoted and no more chats on the balcony about how to run Atlantis. bah!!! It could really ruin the dynamic...

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    She's been in Inverness all day, well spent 7 hours on a train there and back for a two hour meeting.. ack...Then I was watching Supervolcano... yikes!

Yes, I was brainwashed I'm sure, because I can't remember for the life of me why I became a W/S shipper, I can remember vaguely some chat about penguins then it all gets a bit hazy...

*shakes head to clear woozy feeling*

So many great posts today! I don't know,I just like Elizabeth, she's bright, she's sexy, she's dedicated, she has a heart, she's real.. she has depth. What motivates her interests me, and I love her vibe with Sheppard (I wouldn't be here if I didn't). I wonder how it's all going to pan out next season with
                    Spoiler:
                    this cursed new colonel, because it really means that Sheppard in effect is demoted and no more chats on the balcony about how to run Atlantis. bah!!! It could really ruin the dynamic...
                    What ! you couldn't resist to the penguins !
                    I remember missiles with penguins flying all over my head.
                    But I didn't die on the penguins doom !
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Yes, let's all remember Anise.
                      I'd really rather not.

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                      I wonder how it's all going to pan out next season with SPOILERS
                      Spoiler:
                      Well, there could be secret meetings instead...

Did I say that?

*coughs* Moving right along...

I admit to being a bit concerned by all the changes in store for next season and what that might mean for the interaction between Sheppard/Weir. At the same time I'm also excited about the addition of
                      Spoiler:
                      Mitch Pileggi as Colonel Caldwell
                      because from what I've seen he's an excellent actor and should offer up some great challenges all around. I'm interested in how Sheppard and Weir will both deal with the change and how, and/or IF, they will adjust to the changes together.
                      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Although I didn't like Weir very much in the lost city ..she was interfering too much with the team and had too much screen time in lost city 1 ..I really liked her in Atlantis straight away .I like her cool nature , she is very natural ..has an inner beauty as much as an outer beauty ..in fact she reminds me of Ripley from Aliens ...and I would love to see her handling a gun one day ..I don't know if she has yet ..because I missed from the defiant one to siege one but I'm looking forward to it

As for Sheppard and her ....they could be really hot together

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                          Well, there could be secret meetings instead...

Did I say that?
                          You did say it! And you were the first to say it!

Originally posted by Liv
                          I admit to being a bit concerned by all the changes in store for next season and what that might mean for the interaction between Sheppard/Weir. At the same time I'm also excited about the addition of
                          Spoiler:
                          Mitch Pileggi as Colonel Caldwell
                          because from what I've seen he's an excellent actor and should offer up some great challenges all around. I'm interested in how Sheppard and Weir will both deal with the change and how, and/or IF, they will adjust to the changes together.
                          I actually interested in what the new character may do for interactions between Sheppard and Weir. I would say more, but too many people is around my vicinity...must go back to 'working'
                          ~Athena

Comment

Boo! I tried to keep away from spoilers but you people tempt me so!
                            Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Shep and weir are all like "I only have eyes, for you!" and McKay is all like "er... awkward"
                              Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Shep and weir are all like "I only have eyes, for you!" and McKay is all like "er... awkward"
                                "Two's a company... three is a crowd" is what springs to mind...
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X