Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    This thread is moving along at a nice clip. I have a vid I'm hoping to get done in time for us to hit 10K posts, but at the rate I'm going, I'll need y'all to slow down.
    Well, no new episodes, probably no new spoilers... you've got what, a week to get it done?

And wow, you just reminded me that I've got an incomplete Shep/Weir vid sitting on my hard drive too. Maybe I ought to try to finish it before we hit 10,000.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
      I know its very exciting, we're also getting close to 500 pages!

bravo all you shippers!

also (noob question I know) what exactly is thumping/whumping?
      Thumping/Whumping is bascially when a character is getting beaten up in a certain episode. Fans have taken on the affectionate turn of whumping. Such as in "The Defiant One", Sheppard got a good "whumping" by that wraith in the episode.

I hope that makes sense.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm
        Yes they do......I wonder why she seems to always be in the last batches that come out, or not in them at all

Also odd is that there are none of McKay or Beckett this time around either

Hopefully there will be more in the days to come and they won't keep us waiting too long.
        I think it's because she is normally hardly in episodes. Which is wrong. I think they need to do more with the character. Don't get me wrong, Elizabeth is my second favorite character on the show. I just think they need to put her in the episodes more. Or let her do more in the episodes she is in.

Spoiler:
        Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Seriously, there is just no pleasing me. New-Atlantis updates the site with so many pretties (OMG!Rononpretty!) And I'm gonna complain.

No Elizabeth?! I've skimmed the spoilers, but is she just not in the 1st few eps.? ie. TLB?

I will not be pleased if we continue to get thimble-sized portions of Dr. Weir!

Did I mention OMG!Rononpretty! ?

Are there more spoilers coming out? Is there any rhyme or reason as to when spoilers break?

Comment

It sounds like there are suppose to be a lot of Weir scenes in The long goodbye. If that's the case why are there no pics with her in it. Well I guess I just have to wait for them, but until then I'll go for what I got.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

RononPretty. *LOL*

TPTB are going to "feed" us a few photos and teasers every other week or so, and drag us along until the new episodes come out.

Weir never shows up in teaser photos, but I'm not worried about it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
                It sounds like there are suppose to be a lot of Weir scenes in The long goodbye. If that's the case why are there no pics with her in it. Well I guess I just have to wait for them, but until then I'll go for what I got.
                Maybe they are trying to save the best for last.
                ~Athena

Comment

I'm perfectly fine not getting spoilers for TLG. Well, I'm pulling my hair out because I want to know what happens in it but because it sounds like it'll be a great episode. It'll just be better if I don't know whats gonna happen. The only reason I read spoilers is because I have know self-control. If shep and weir do get together (which we know is gonna happen) I don't what to know before. It would be a GREAT surprise. But, because I have no self-control, if spoilers do come, I'll read them. So, I'd rather they just don't come.

Comment

Getting close to 10,000! Had a few questions/comments to make (since I'm gonna be up all night writing a Chinese philosophy paper thought I'd drop in lol).

I was perusing the "anti-Shep/Weir" thread--yes it's my own fault, but I wanted to know what others objected to.

First they cap saying that this ship is, or will end up like the Sam/Jack ship. I did not watch much SG1, but it seems to me that the situation is very different. If anything, I would assume Shep/Teyla would be closer. Does anyone know what in particular they are concerned about?

Secondly, something we've heard alot about after TLB, is Weir's obvious concern. It wasn't spelled out if the concern was primarily for Shep, but I think it was implied. The antis are very concerned that Weir will become a softy--I don't think anything like that will happen. We also know that Weir is a naturally concerned person--from the very beginning. Some were saying that Weir is less "strong" when it comes to John, but I remember being struck by one of the first eps I watched ("Suspicion I believe it was") that Liz could be in complete control, yet not jettison her human side.

I don't think she becomes "girly" around Shep either. Yes she behaves in a feminine manner, but she is a woman! She does not easily give grond either. She takes John's advice, but she has good reason to believe his advice is sound.

Some were noting that Shep doesn't seem to be reciprocating Weir's feelings and so, makes the ship one-sided--I disagree. "Thirty-Eight Minutes" and "The Eye" are more than enough to show his feelings. The
                    Spoiler:
                    hug (this really doesn't need spoilers anymore, but hey)
                    was good indication as well (although some over there were saying John was uncomfortable with it). Yes he was surprised, but he
                    Spoiler:
                    hugged her back
                    and the following dialogue was an obvious hint.

Finally, the feelings and trust Shep and Weir have seem only to strengthen Atlantis and each other. I don't think they make any party weaker. Yes Weir worries when he is away, but I definitely think part of that can be attributed to her desire to accompany those missions. We have been told about her adventurous perosnality before.

I'll stop this rant now, but I had to see what people were worried about with Shep/Weir. I don't think their concerns (especially about Elizabeth becoming wishy-washy) will ever come to be. It's interesting though, that so many believe Shep/Weir is becoming the canon ship.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                      I'll stop this rant now, but I had to see what people were worried about with Shep/Weir. I don't think their concerns (especially about Elizabeth becoming wishy-washy) will ever come to be. It's interesting though, that so many believe Shep/Weir is becoming the canon ship.

Royal
                      Some of it is the "noromo" types, who object to ships in scifi in general, or don't trust the Stargate TPTB to pull it off (the latter argument is not without merit).

Others are Shep/Teyla shippers, who object because they want their own pairing first. I find it especially ironic when those types make comments about "too cliche" or "to much like Sam and Jack".

But, it is interesting to note that so many of them do see it, even if they don't like it. (Where as many of us don't see the supposed shippyness between Shep and Teyla).

I do think Elizabeth, for her part, would maintain her professional integrity while in a relationship. In 'Instinct', whatever she did feel for John at that point didn't stop her from first refusing to let him go on the mission, then refuse to send more people when the mission failed.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                        Seriously, there is just no pleasing me. New-Atlantis updates the site with so many pretties (OMG!Rononpretty!) And I'm gonna complain.

No Elizabeth?! I've skimmed the spoilers, but is she just not in the 1st few eps.? ie. TLB?

I will not be pleased if we continue to get thimble-sized portions of Dr. Weir!

Did I mention OMG!Rononpretty! ?

Are there more spoilers coming out? Is there any rhyme or reason as to when spoilers break?
                        I know for a fact that Elizabeth is quite involved in four of the five episodes that those pictures came from. And it's possible she's really involved in the fifth one too, and I just don't have that information. (For those who are curious, the episodes I know she's got important roles in are Critical Mass, Michael, The Tower, and The Long Goodbye. She's also fairly important in Epiphany and Coup d'État, but we haven't seen pictures for those yet.)

At this point, any additional spoilers we get for the season will be from interviews. We get spoilers because TPTB send out pieces of scripts when they're casting guest stars. That's why I had no information on Conversion – there were no new guest stars, only recurring ones. This is true of any television series or movie, by the way. Those pages of script are called casting sides. And before anyone asks, no, sides are not available to the general public, I can't send anyone what I have, and I can't repost verbatim what I have.

Anyway, I believe they've finished filming the season, or will very soon. There's a slim chance I'll be getting something on Allies (the last episode), but as I got information on SG-1's next-to-last episode on September 7, I seriously doubt I'll be getting anything on the remaining episodes. By now I imagine they're either already filming the last episode, or have already wrapped for the season.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          I do think Elizabeth, for her part, would maintain her professional integrity while in a relationship. In 'Instinct', whatever she did feel for John at that point didn't stop her from first refusing to let him go on the mission, then refuse to send more people when the mission failed.
                          You mean "Conversion" right? Since it's late, I forgive you.

As for people thinking Elizabeth showing too much concern for Sheppard, I think people are sometimes forgetting that there have been other times where Elizabeth was very concerned for people who weren't John. I was watching "The Brotherhood" today and I noticed she that was very concern about the people flying in the Jumpers in pursuit of the wraith dart. And if I remember correctly Sheppard and his whole team was out of radio contact for over twelve hours, which would be quite an alarming concern. But Elizabeth was aware that her priorities were in the protection of the city, and placed her focus on the immediate threat acted quickly in order to have the dart disabled asap.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            To be completely blunt, I think there's a certain group of Shep/Teyla shippers who are violently anti-Weir. They have a go at her appearance, they have a go at her age, you name it.
                            Hm... reminds me of a certain gal named Pam

Comment

First they cap saying that this ship is, or will end up like the Sam/Jack ship. I did not watch much SG1, but it seems to me that the situation is very different. If anything, I would assume Shep/Teyla would be closer. Does anyone know what in particular they are concerned about?
                              Royal
                              Well the sam/jack thing was like "We both love each other but in most episodes do nothing to show it and must keep ourselves under very dull control for 8/9 seasons"
                              if they do tht with sheppard and weir then it would suck. Personally though I think sheppard/weir has a very different feel to the relationship, maybe because she's a civilian or maybe because they are so disconnected from earth. Maybe its just because Weir is a more interesting character than sam, who i found dull by season 8. As for "sheppard/teyla" those shippers are deluding themselves. in "Sanctuary" it was clear that Teyla had no problem with Sheppard going on a date with Chaya, and from what i've heard of season 2 seems like she gets close to Ronon.

basically Sheppard/Weir seems to me to be the most likely course of action, and there's much less to get in the way (to Bama and the others who shouted at me a few pages back when i was devils advocate, yes i know this is a change of attitude but u lot r just so convincing )
                              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Royal
                                I think that they say that practically any ship might just end up like Sam/Jack I think, besides Teyla/Dex. Not that I have anything against any ship, it's just that it's like a fork in the road. They can learn from mistakes or repeat them.

Comment

Working...
                                X