• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised
    @ new TLG pics...
    [rant]

Spoiler:

honestly........can't the give us the kiss pic?
    Darn it we really need more pics of Elizabeth on episodic photography! This was a Sheppard and Lizzie centered episode. Why did they put so much Teyla pics there??? Don't get me wrong, I like Teyla, but come on!
    and.... Caldwell pic? WHY?
    They give us two pics of Elizabeth, which are not from the best moments in TLG. I'm honestly sick of it. We get pics of John's GOW and we get pics of Teyla and of course Sheppard but Lizzie? I think she has less pictures than anyone else! Honestly is this making any sense??? She's one of the main characters, she's supposed to have as many pics as Sheppard! But all we get are some totally random pics from plain scenes. Ok thank you got the gun picture, but there are better moments in the episode where Lizzie has a P-90!!!

[/end rant]
    I'm agree with you

Comment

Wow, MF posting more than once in a day? This is an event.

Sure, Weir probably didn't fully trust Sheppard in the beginning, or vice versa – but that's okay. They didn't know each other. They trust each other now. Elizabeth was the only one willing to be alone with him while John was turning into some kind of monster. In Condemned, John trusted her to do exactly what he needed her to do in order for him and his team to escape. And that's just the first two examples that popped into my head.

Their relationship is dynamic, probably the most dynamic on the show. They've gone from periodic wariness of each other to being able to complete each other's sentences, and communicate without speech. That kind of growth and development is what good storytelling is all about.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

@ new TLG pics...
        [rant]

Spoiler:

Darn it we really need more pics of Elizabeth on episodic photography! This was a Sheppard and Lizzie centered episode. Why did they put so much Teyla pics there??? Don't get me wrong, I like Teyla, but come on!
        They give us two pics of Elizabeth, which are not from the best moments in TLG. I'm honestly sick of it. We get pics of John's GsOW and we get pics of Teyla and of course Sheppard but Lizzie? I think she has less pictures than anyone else! Honestly is this making any sense??? She's one of the main characters, she's supposed to have as many pics as Sheppard! But all we get are some totally random pics from plain scenes. Ok thank you for the gun picture, but there are better moments in the episode where Lizzie has a P-90!!!

[/end rant]
        Amen, I so couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@ new TLG pics...
          [rant]

Spoiler:

They give us two pics of Elizabeth, which are not from the best moments in TLG. I'm honestly sick of it. We get pics of John's GsOW and we get pics of Teyla and of course Sheppard but Lizzie? I think she has less pictures than anyone else! Honestly is this making any sense??? She's one of the main characters, she's supposed to have as many pics as Sheppard! But all we get are some totally random pics from plain scenes. Ok thank you for the gun picture, but there are better moments in the episode where Lizzie has a P-90!!!

[/end rant]
          There wasn't a picture of the Conversion kiss either, so I don't think there's a whole lot of room to complain. After all, this one's been used in the ad for the second half of the season, and the hug got used in the SciFi Inside special during the summer. As things go, we've gotten a lot of material early.

But I definitely agree. Not nearly enough pictures of Elizabeth have been released this year.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
            It's burned in my tiny mind... "Okay I've decided to bite the bullet... burgeoning relationship.."

How could it not be after that excellent brainwashing you, Mel and Athena did?
            Brainwashing? Us? *looks around innocently*

No you came over to the darkside because it's cooler on this side.

Like everyone said, It's good to see you arond MF. Missed ya!
            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              There wasn't a picture of the Conversion kiss either, so I don't think there's a whole lot of room to complain.
              True, but there was a pic of John and Teyla really close together in a gym. There are no pics of Lizzie and John together, let alone close together, in TLG pics
              After all, this one's been used in the ad for the second half of the season, and the hug got used in the SciFi Inside special during the summer. As things go, we've gotten a lot of material early.

But I definitely agree. Not nearly enough pictures of Elizabeth have been released this year.
              Hopefully we will get some nice Lizzie shots of season 3 soon.. or Coup'D'Etat, because honestly........*insert another rant here*

Comment

Yeah. It's like she's just a secondary character instead of being one of the main ones.

True, but there was a pic of John and Teyla really close together in a gym. There are no pics of Lizzie and John together, let alone close together, in TLG pics
                True but apart from
                Spoiler:
                teh kiss, the scene in the infirmary at the end
                there weren't really scenes where they were close.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                  Yeah. It's like she's just a secondary character instead of being one of the main ones.

True but apart from
                  Spoiler:
                  teh kiss, the scene in the infirmary at the end
                  there weren't really scenes where they were close.
                  well, yeah.. hey you're right *headdesk* but we still didn't get pics of her and John together from any episodes this season.. as far as I remember.
                  Spoiler:
                  They could have taken a pic before or after they kissed, if they don't want to please us or sheylas with corresponding kiss pics

Comment

Wow, MF posting more than once in a day? This is an event.
                    Chaulk it up to the fact that I have a class that ends at 10AM and one that starts at 10:50AM of all times Silly math department

Comment

@ new TLG pics...
                      [rant]

Spoiler:

[/end rant]
                      You go girl!!! I agree with ya. I would like to add too that Liz is supposed to be the LEADER of Atlantis, yet in the promo pics she is not treated as such. Well, granted Sheppard and her really do co-lead, but that should be equal promo pics for the both!

On a sparky note, do they even release a whole lot of John/Liz pictures together on promo pics?

Can I just say that I LOVE your sig MF?

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

While I'd love to see a good pairing picture of the two of them, I'm not sure I want SciFi or TPTB to be in the mood of releasing kissing pictures. They already spend too much time playing with the minds of shippers and not enough concentrating on the writing.

I'll tell you what I'd kill for though, a nice portrait of Weir in a suit. Maybe the one from Intruder that isn't terribly washed out. After all, as the Atlantis people get more established in the Pegesus Galaxy it would be nice for her to look more Presidential *winks at Mel*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          I'll tell you what I'd kill for though, a nice portrait of Weir in a suit. Maybe the one from Intruder that isn't terribly washed out. After all, as the Atlantis people get more established in the Pegesus Galaxy it would be nice for her to look more Presidential *winks at Mel*
                          I would love to see her in more "official" clothing. She is the boss after all. But I've been patiently waiting to see Sheppard in his dress blues, and I'm starting to think we'll never see that.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            While I'd love to see a good pairing picture of the two of them, I'm not sure I want SciFi or TPTB to be in the mood of releasing kissing pictures. They already spend too much time playing with the minds of shippers and not enough concentrating on the writing.
                            any pic will do though.. any of both of them or just Elizabeth.
                            This pic brightens up my day
                            http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/image...SGA-20-003.jpg

Originally posted by Skyler
                            You go girl!!! I agree with ya. I would like to add too that Liz is supposed to be the LEADER of Atlantis, yet in the promo pics she is not treated as such. Well, granted Sheppard and her really do co-lead, but that should be equal promo pics for the both!

On a sparky note, do they even release a whole lot of John/Liz pictures together on promo pics?

not yet but hopefully we will get some promo shots of them together for season 3...
                            edit: actually, there are several here
                            http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/gl1.1.html
                            but they just look professional there, and it was taken before season 1, before the ship has grown so much I think. I really don't like those pics though

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I would love to see her in more "official" clothing. She is the boss after all. But I've been patiently waiting to see Sheppard in his dress blues, and I'm starting to think we'll never see that.
                              Torri Higginson looks so gosh darn sexy and confident in a suit. I think it might help some people accept her authority more if she dressed more up when on duty and that way she can dress more down when off duty. I mean, cargo pants and hiking boats isn't exactly her normal thing so she's got to be wanting some normal clothing by her third year in charge of Atlantis.

That and the distance between Earth and Pegesus almost makes her more a colonial governor or a president of a country. After all it's not like anyone in Pegesus can appeal her decisions to the President of the United States

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler

There were some pictures of John and Elizabeth together in the very first batch of promo pics last season. Of course, there were also pictures of John and everyone else in that group. Since then, the closest we've gotten is the picture of John with both Elizabeth and Teyla.

I'm with MF, though. The official pictures are fun, but I'd rather they not release a whole lot of "pairing" pictures now. I'd rather see pictures of Elizabeth in a power suit. Or better yet, have her wear power suits more often on the show, and have John hang around in service dress just for the heck of it.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X