No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Greetings from Port Isaac in Cornwall (United Kingdom).

Sun was shining bright earlier today but tomorrow will bring cooler temps and rain.
    And hopefully also our lost piece of luggage.

Start of our holiday can be called less than stellar but here's hoping the luggage will be delivered tomorrow so my sister has all her stuff again and we can start exploring, like visit Tintagel Castle which we can see from where we are staying -- very small ofcourse.

To follow my holiday adventures, find me on Insta.
    Also, the Russian stone has been officially named Joss Stone with approval from my friend. (no Russian name but that was okay)
    VERY pretty indeed! Except for the lost luggage, hope it shows up soon if it hasn't already! Have a great time in Cornwall!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My sister's suitcase was delivered today. It's pretty banged up so we're wondering what sort of adventure it had.

In the category "We'll never get picked anyway"... I decided to enter my email in a lottery to get tickets to attend the opening of an extension of a CWGC (Commonwealth Wargraves Commission) burial site in Loos-en-Gahelle (Fr), which is about a 2hrs drive from where I live, and to attend a burial of 2 unknown soldiers of the great war -- only regiment is known -- at the same time.

Lo and behold, my name got picked so I asked my best friend (who I wanted to surprise anyway) if she wanted to come along. She had to ask at work and apparently her teamlead didn't quite understand what she was asking but he had never seen anyone so excited about attending a funeral before. I don't think she explained it well.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

My sister's suitcase was delivered today. It's pretty banged up so we're wondering what sort of adventure it had.
        As long as everything inside it is okay, I guess that's the most important thing...

Sounds like this might be fodder for another Office Saga plot--someone's delivery from Earth is mangled and no one can figure out how it happened because all the security camera footage shows it in perfect condition.

In the category "We'll never get picked anyway"... I decided to enter my email in a lottery to get tickets to attend the opening of an extension of a CWGC (Commonwealth Wargraves Commission) burial site in Loos-en-Gahelle (Fr), which is about a 2hrs drive from where I live, and to attend a burial of 2 unknown soldiers of the great war -- only regiment is known -- at the same time.

Lo and behold, my name got picked so I asked my best friend (who I wanted to surprise anyway) if she wanted to come along. She had to ask at work and apparently her teamlead didn't quite understand what she was asking but he had never seen anyone so excited about attending a funeral before. I don't think she explained it well.
        Wow, that's amazing! Very cool that they have a way for the public to attend such events and awesome that you and your friend will get to go. Though yeah, I gotta wonder how your friend explained it to her boss.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Sounds like this might be fodder for another Office Saga plot--someone's delivery from Earth is mangled and no one can figure out how it happened because all the security camera footage shows it in perfect condition.
          Sounds like Kavanagh can send another complaint back to Earth.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Sounds like Kavanagh can send another complaint back to Earth.
            That's perfect!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Interesting day today. Visited a Bird of Prey rescue center -- conversed with badmouthed macaw parrots (they were sorry for their bad language ), and made some falcons follow my movements. Some were very attentive, others not so much... while the white vulture was more interested in redecorating his front porch. He was tearing out the fake grass.

After that, we got lost twice on the backroads of Cornwall. Luckily Google Maps saved us both times. Good thing roaming doesn't count here as our provider maintains the same costs for data use here as at home, within the European Union (the UK might be out but apparently not as far as those costs go). Visited 2 prehistoric sites, one in the middle of the world heritage site of the tin/copper mining industry. There's old 19th century ruined buildings strewn across the landscape.

Nevertheless, it was a good day. Tomorrow is another lazy day... maybe even dip our feet in the water.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Interesting day today. Visited a Bird of Prey rescue center -- conversed with badmouthed macaw parrots (they were sorry for their bad language ), and made some falcons follow my movements. Some were very attentive, others not so much... while the white vulture was more interested in redecorating his front porch. He was tearing out the fake grass.

After that, we got lost twice on the backroads of Cornwall. Luckily Google Maps saved us both times. Good thing roaming doesn't count here as our provider maintains the same costs for data use here as at home, within the European Union (the UK might be out but apparently not as far as those costs go). Visited 2 prehistoric sites, one in the middle of the world heritage site of the tin/copper mining industry. There's old 19th century ruined buildings strewn across the landscape.

Nevertheless, it was a good day. Tomorrow is another lazy day... maybe even dip our feet in the water.
                  LMAO at the birds! Such marvelous goofballs!

Re: cellphone roaming in the UK--maybe your provider thought it would be too much trouble to cut them out of the network after Brexit? With Ireland next door and still in the EU, the logistics might not have been feasible. Just a guess.

Ooooh, world heritage sites! Always fun! And yay for dipping feet in water!

Comment

We did not dip our feet in, though my socks did get wet because as we walked towards the chosen rocks to sit on, I stepped into (while I was trying to avoid another) a big puddle of seawater.

Meh... socks dried in the sun while I sat and lazied around.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We did not dip our feet in, though my socks did get wet because as we walked towards the chosen rocks to sit on, I stepped into (while I was trying to avoid another) a big puddle of seawater.

Meh... socks dried in the sun while I sat and lazied around.
                      Ooops! So it was an accidental dip rather than a deliberate one, but at least there was much fun in the sun!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

No more weird message that the forum zipped out of existence... or at least that something was wrong with the software.

Anywho... we got home and you're never gonna guess what happened... one time is a fluke but twice in one trip. That's just poor handling. Yup, my sister's luggage didn't make the flight in London Heathrow so once again, we arrived with only one piece of luggage.

In Brussels, at departure, it was because of the chaos at bordercontrol and people not making the flight. In London, British Airways overbooked the flight and we were downgraded to standby even though we were supposed to be on that flight for sure.
                            We eventually did end up on our flight but were not seated together (which in theory is my personal nightmare but it's only an hour flying so I could handle it... sort of**).

The only positive thing was that we were seated near the emergency exit so plenty of legspace... like more than I ever thought possible.

** The stress of it caused a bad mood yesterday, followed by a panic attack during the night which I managed to control.

My best friend arranged to see some Dutch friends on Sunday, and more or less made it mandatory for me to go along. She doesn't want to drive up there alone. I get that... but I'm really not in the mood. It's also going to be really warm on Sunday and she wants to do something fun.

I just looked up kayaking in Utrecht... I wonder if I can pursuade them to go for it.
                            I'm really good at it -- they... not so much so that could potentially lead to a lot of fun and laughing.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

No more weird message that the forum zipped out of existence... or at least that something was wrong with the software.
                              Weird, I haven't seen any messages like that. I figured you were just having lots of fun on vacay and you'd check in with us when you could.

Anywho... we got home and you're never gonna guess what happened... one time is a fluke but twice in one trip. That's just poor handling. Yup, my sister's luggage didn't make the flight in London Heathrow so once again, we arrived with only one piece of luggage.

In Brussels, at departure, it was because of the chaos at bordercontrol and people not making the flight. In London, British Airways overbooked the flight and we were downgraded to standby even though we were supposed to be on that flight for sure.
                              We eventually did end up on our flight but were not seated together (which in theory is my personal nightmare but it's only an hour flying so I could handle it... sort of**).

The only positive thing was that we were seated near the emergency exit so plenty of legspace... like more than I ever thought possible.

** The stress of it caused a bad mood yesterday, followed by a panic attack during the night which I managed to control.
                              Eeep! That's not happy! Glad you were able to get back on your flight, but losing luggage and not being able to sit together is Very Not Cool.

My best friend arranged to see some Dutch friends on Sunday, and more or less made it mandatory for me to go along. She doesn't want to drive up there alone. I get that... but I'm really not in the mood. It's also going to be really warm on Sunday and she wants to do something fun.

I just looked up kayaking in Utrecht... I wonder if I can pursuade them to go for it.
                              I'm really good at it -- they... not so much so that could potentially lead to a lot of fun and laughing.
                              Hahahah! Now that'll be a great way to improve your mood for sure!

Comment

I'm back! More damned heat has been making computer use impossible. I've been living off my cell phone, but it's way too difficult to use that for here.

Anyway, right now I'm cat sitting for my brother and sister-in-law. They have 2. In the 18 hours since I've arrived, one of the cats has already thrown up 3 times, all over the bed, which was such a LOVELY surprise to see when it was midnight and I wanted to sleep so badly.

Sounds like you had quite the trip. The pictures were beautiful!! That's simply crazy about the luggage.

I don't fly much, but how can you be put on standby when you had a booked ticket?

Comment

Working...
                                X