Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Andrew!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I thought the highlight of the Olympic opening ceremony were the Minions (Illuminations is French) but then there was that balloon which contains the olympic fire, and I thought "oh well that's cool!"...and then Celine Dion started singing and I forgot to breath.

Sheppard is wrong, she is most definitely not overrated.
    Agreed with everything you just said!

Having the parade of nations be a boat ride was certainly a unique idea, too!

And of course, minions are life!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I thought the highlight of the Olympic opening ceremony were the Minions (Illuminations is French) but then there was that balloon which contains the olympic fire, and I thought "oh well that's cool!"...and then Celine Dion started singing and I forgot to breath.

Sheppard is wrong, she is most definitely not overrated.
      The Minions skit was AWESOME!​

The balloon cauldron was interesting, but I was really wowed by opera singer Axelle Saint-Cirel, who stood on the roof of the Grand Palais holding a giant French flag (with the white and red continuing on her gown to make her look like she was draped in the flag) and singing La Marseillaise. And of course, in the rain. What an iconic image! Bad. A$$.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Agreed with everything you just said!

Having the parade of nations be a boat ride was certainly a unique idea, too!

And of course, minions are life!
      Spoiler:
      Ooooh, a link to the video so I can save it for all posterity!

The parade of nations down the Seine was a really unique touch. Wonder how they're gonna top it for the closing ceremony...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ...I was really wowed by opera singer Axelle Saint-Cirel, who stood on the roof of the Grand Palais holding a giant French flag (with the white and red continuing on her gown to make her look like she was draped in the flag) and singing La Marseillaise. And of course, in the rain. What an iconic image! Bad. A$$.
        Aha... the name of the awesome soprano.

The other one who sang along with the metal band and then a bit from Carmen, too was epic. The metal band Gojira was so awesome.

Anywho... I thought the opening was really cool. The laserlights on the Eifel Tower.

The Belgians were able to celebrate today -- we've won gold and bronze in the Cycling Time Trials.

Unavaible in my neck of the woods -- typical.

The parade of nations down the Seine was a really unique touch. Wonder how they're gonna top it for the closing ceremony...
        I LOL'd each time a smaller boat followed in the wake of a bigger one and had to deal with rougher waters. I wonder how many got a little seasick.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OH... and the rider on the mechanical horse! My jaw dropped ... like who even came up with that idea.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Aha... the name of the awesome soprano.
            I had to look up her name, wanted to make sure I gave proper credit and all, because yeah. Bad. A$$.

I LOL'd each time a smaller boat followed in the wake of a bigger one and had to deal with rougher waters. I wonder how many got a little seasick.
            Ooops! Oh dear...

Oh, and did anyone else catch the Marvel news out of Comic-Con San Diego last night?
            Spoiler:
            RDJ returns...as Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom in next year's Avengers: Doomsday. Hmm.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Shout out to the 3 dumb-a$$ athletes who have been caught with illegal substances in their blood. Don't they know by now that they will get caught. Haven't they learned anything from the Russian athletes?

Oh, and did anyone else catch the Marvel news out of Comic-Con San Diego last night?
              Spoiler:
              RDJ returns...as Victor Von Doom/Dr. Doom in next year's Avengers: Doomsday. Hmm.
              I heard, and my first thought really was whether there aren't plenty other actors around who could have been cast as Doom. Even though it won't matter since Doom wears a mask. It's just. I don't know... *shrug*

Comment

I was supposed to visit my friend down at the beach today (she's renting a beach house this week) but the weather is not cooperating. Damnit!!

The Minions skit was AWESOME!​

The balloon cauldron was interesting, but I was really wowed by opera singer Axelle Saint-Cirel, who stood on the roof of the Grand Palais holding a giant French flag (with the white and red continuing on her gown to make her look like she was draped in the flag) and singing La Marseillaise. And of course, in the rain. What an iconic image! Bad. A$$.

Agreed agreed agreed!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                The Belgians were able to celebrate today -- we've won gold and bronze in the Cycling Time Trials.
                Congratulations!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                I did, and thought of you right away. I'm just glad you're getting more content, and I would trust that RDJ wouldn't do it if it was going to suck? I hope?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                Shout out to the 3 dumb-a$$ athletes who have been caught with illegal substances in their blood. Don't they know by now that they will get caught. Haven't they learned anything from the Russian athletes?
                Right??? I mean, if the RUSSIANS can get caught (with their long-term cheating), then how can they have thought they would get away with it?

Comment

Right??? I mean, if the RUSSIANS can get caught (with their long-term cheating), then how can they have thought they would get away with it?
                  China got away with it.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I was supposed to visit my friend down at the beach today (she's renting a beach house this week) but the weather is not cooperating. Damnit!!
                    ​Aw man! Sucky weather not playing fair! I hope you can still get out to see her this week!

Apparently not.

Exactly!

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    China got away with it.

China gets away with anything they want these days.

I heard, and my first thought really was whether there aren't plenty other actors around who could have been cast as Doom. Even though it won't matter since Doom wears a mask. It's just. I don't know... *shrug*
                    I did, and thought of you right away. I'm just glad you're getting more content, and I would trust that RDJ wouldn't do it if it was going to suck? I hope?

RDJ has a tremendous range as an actor; he's played a lot of very different characters over the years. I don't think they would've been able to coax him back if the material wasn't good, and I really doubt he's going to be playing Doom for long. Many people are guessing that
                    Spoiler:
                    RDJ's Doom will be connected in some way to the Fantastic 4 (which will be introduced in their own separate universe); Secret Wars in the comics involved incursions between universes (not unlike DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths) resulting in a new universe being made from combining pieces of the old ones, and I'm betting RDJ!Doom will probably meet his end in Secret Wars. I also doubt there will be any connection to Tony Stark other than perhaps an obligatory reference about how they look alike; Marvel's already been very exact about calling him Victor Von Doom and not a Stark variant, and as funny as it would be, it would also be too on the nose, so I can understand they'd want to nip that in the bud real fast.
                    So...looks like it'll be a fun party.

Comment

​Aw man! Sucky weather not playing fair! I hope you can still get out to see her this week!
                      Fingers crossed!!

China gets away with anything they want these days.
                      You said it, girl!

RDJ has a tremendous range as an actor; he's played a lot of very different characters over the years. I don't think they would've been able to coax him back if the material wasn't good, and I really doubt he's going to be playing Doom for long. Many people are guessing that
                      Spoiler:
                      RDJ's Doom will be connected in some way to the Fantastic 4 (which will be introduced in their own separate universe); Secret Wars in the comics involved incursions between universes (not unlike DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths) resulting in a new universe being made from combining pieces of the old ones, and I'm betting RDJ!Doom will probably meet his end in Secret Wars. I also doubt there will be any connection to Tony Stark other than perhaps an obligatory reference about how they look alike; Marvel's already been very exact about calling him Victor Von Doom and not a Stark variant, and as funny as it would be, it would also be too on the nose, so I can understand they'd want to nip that in the bud real fast.
                      So...looks like it'll be a fun party.
                      Sounds very interesting! I have to admit that I left my love of the MCU behind after I read the spoilers for Loki season 2. I never did end up watching that. *shrugs* It just broke my heart.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Sounds very interesting! I have to admit that I left my love of the MCU behind after I read the spoilers for Loki season 2. I never did end up watching that. *shrugs* It just broke my heart.
                        Heck, I still haven't watched anything MCU after Endgame. I may have to remedy that...

Comment

Way to go, USA gymnastics teams!! The men won the Bronze and the women won the Gold! Woohooooooooooo!!

Heck, I still haven't watched anything MCU after Endgame. I may have to remedy that...
                          Maybe you should do what I did for Loki and spoil yourself before you see it? Of course, that's a very long time in the future anyway.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Way to go, USA gymnastics teams!! The men won the Bronze and the women won the Gold! Woohooooooooooo!!
                            Hooray!!!!

Maybe you should do what I did for Loki and spoil yourself before you see it? Of course, that's a very long time in the future anyway.[/QUOTE]

Probably not a bad idea.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Greetings from Port Isaac in Cornwall (United Kingdom).

Sun was shining bright earlier today but tomorrow will bring cooler temps and rain.
                                And hopefully also our lost piece of luggage.

Start of our holiday can be called less than stellar but here's hoping the luggage will be delivered tomorrow so my sister has all her stuff again and we can start exploring, like visit Tintagel Castle which we can see from where we are staying -- very small ofcourse.

To follow my holiday adventures, find me on Insta.
                                Also, the Russian stone has been officially named Joss Stone with approval from my friend. (no Russian name but that was okay)

Comment

Working...
                                X