No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So California has had a tropical storm and an earthquake in one day. When are the locusts coming?

Hope everyone is okay though.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Today is the last warm day for my area for awhile. It's weird that we're having cool weather for this time of year. Highs only in the low 70s F for the next week or so. I'm certainly not complaining!! A friend in Kansas was showing me her temps yesterday, and her LOW temps were higher than our HIGH temps (lows in the upper 70s, highs in the 100s). So weird.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      It's supposed to start clearing out by this afternoon. Still looks rather soupy right now, though.
      I hope it's all gone by now. I know when it was in the Northeast, it was downright apocalyptical looking outside in NY and PA. It got hazy here in RI, but it wasn't crazy.

I don't know if I'd be screaming my head off, or too scared to even scream.
      As I said to my sister, I'd be like "give me all the drugs, like now please" at the ER cause I'd be so freaked out.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
      So California has had a tropical storm and an earthquake in one day. When are the locusts coming?

Hope everyone is okay though.​
      I know, right? Like seriously, was that necessary to be at the same time??? Geez!! Still not as bad as what they went through in Hawaii though. So horrible.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Hope everyone is okay though.
        LOL, that's what my dad said last night!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Today is the last warm day for my area for awhile. It's weird that we're having cool weather for this time of year. Highs only in the low 70s F for the next week or so. I'm certainly not complaining!! A friend in Kansas was showing me her temps yesterday, and her LOW temps were higher than our HIGH temps (lows in the upper 70s, highs in the 100s). So weird.

I hope it's all gone by now. I know when it was in the Northeast, it was downright apocalyptical looking outside in NY and PA. It got hazy here in RI, but it wasn't crazy.
        It's cleared out now, and a bit coolish. We're supposed to warm back up again a little later in the week. I guess summer isn't quite done with us yet. But it should be soon. *crosses fingers*

​​​​​​​
        As I said to my sister, I'd be like "give me all the drugs, like now please" at the ER cause I'd be so freaked out.
        Or a bottle of whiskey. Like, an entire bottle. All to myself.

​​​​​​​
        I know, right? Like seriously, was that necessary to be at the same time??? Geez!! Still not as bad as what they went through in Hawaii though. So horrible.
        Yeah. Though California has had its share of really bad fires, too. The one in Paradise a few years ago has some unfortunate parallels to what happened in Maui. It's shocking the officials in Maui didn't heed those warning signs.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's cleared out now, and a bit coolish. We're supposed to warm back up again a little later in the week. I guess summer isn't quite done with us yet. But it should be soon. *crosses fingers*
          I'm so glad the wildfire smoke has cleared out!! And YAY for cooler temps!

Or a bottle of whiskey. Like, an entire bottle. All to myself.
          That also works!

​​​​​​​
          Yeah. Though California has had its share of really bad fires, too. The one in Paradise a few years ago has some unfortunate parallels to what happened in Maui. It's shocking the officials in Maui didn't heed those warning signs.
          I just googled it, and yeah the parallels are definitely there!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm so glad the wildfire smoke has cleared out!! And YAY for cooler temps!
            Me too! Honestly, I think keeping the windows closed all weekend and staying inside made my skin go nuclear in a bad way. Fortunately it seems to be calming down now that I can have cool night air again.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

What happened on Maui is incredibly devastating.

Tenerife too is burning and it has already been determined that the fires were deliberately set.

In the south of France they have temps going above 40° Celsius, and in the meantime, our own temperatures are dropping again to 20°Celsius. Today's the last day of warmer days so I have no choice but to cut the grass cause tomorrow it's going to rain again.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wildfires are so scary. I’m heading to Oregon in-consults countdown timer on phone lol- 26 days. I really know better than to plan Pacific Northwest trips in September and somehow keep doing it anyway.

So we talked jeep names a while back and I ended up going with Scully (though I just as often call it my puddle jumper). I am braving a jeep invasion (huge jeep gathering) and am decorating my jeep with all things alien and x files for the group ride in which I will totally be puddle jumping as there are many creeks that cross this road made for Jeeps and other high clearance 4 wheel drive vehicles. Puddle jumping!

Glad the smoke is better SK and JT2 I think not adding appropriate amounts of tequila is a crime. Morgania have fun at Dragon Con, I need to drive down one year for it. FH I can smell the fresh cut grass from here lol, that is I guess if it’s still green and hasn’t baked like ours does sometime in July and august but we’ve had tons of rain so it’s still nice and lush here.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

It's supposed to warm up again over the weekend, and I think the smoke may be coming back to our area. Damn fickle wind. Falcon Horus, I could definitely use some of that cool rainy weather that's headed your way.

Zandras_Ashes, have fun puddle jumping, sounds like it'll be a crazy fun time!

Comment

My cosplay for Dragon Con is a Starfleet captain. I got a SNW era uniform.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Awesome, Trekkers unite! Have fun at the con!

Comment

I washed the Jeep today because it seemed like the thing to do when there is a big event in town. And then remembered all the water crossings on my ride tomorrow lol.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                          I washed the Jeep today because it seemed like the thing to do when there is a big event in town. And then remembered all the water crossings on my ride tomorrow lol.
                          Isn't that always the way it works? In any event, have a great ride!

Comment

Me too! Honestly, I think keeping the windows closed all weekend and staying inside made my skin go nuclear in a bad way. Fortunately it seems to be calming down now that I can have cool night air again.
                            Oh no!! I'm glad it's calming down now.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                            So we talked jeep names a while back and I ended up going with Scully (though I just as often call it my puddle jumper). I am braving a jeep invasion (huge jeep gathering) and am decorating my jeep with all things alien and x files for the group ride in which I will totally be puddle jumping as there are many creeks that cross this road made for Jeeps and other high clearance 4 wheel drive vehicles. Puddle jumping!
                            You named your puddle jumper Scully??? No, that's actually really cute!

Originally posted by Morgania
                            Sounds awesome! Enjoy!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Oh no!! I'm glad it's calming down now.
                              Me too!

And...on to our weekly College Football Round-up! USC marched to victory in their home opener against San José State​ 56-28, and the Atlantis Cup got off to an early start as Navy was pummeled by Notre Dame 42-3 in a special exhibition game held in Dublin, Ireland. Clearly the Irish got an extra boost from their international home crowd. On to next week!

Comment

The trail ride was super fun and my jeep is a hot mess inside and out. I had windows down and the top open (over front seats) and every surface is covered in dust. Rain has been in the forecast since Saturday night, but only seen sprinkles. I was hoping Mother Nature would assist in cleanup lol.

I stayed so busy I didn’t get the Sunday scarries so I’ve pummeled straight into Monday morning panic attacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X