No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

It is funny... as long as no one else is around, which wasn't the case yesterday so errm... that was a wee bit awkward.
    Oh dear...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My joints have all been hurting like whoa, so I went to the doctor today. He ran a ton of bloodwork that is still coming in, and also put me on a short term treatment of some steroids - prednisone. I don't know if any of you have ever been on that before, but it makes all your inflammation go away. I haven't felt this good in years!! Now I need to watch myself that I don't overdo it.
    Hah! Enjoy the fountain of youth! But yeah, definitely watch yourself, overdoing would be bad.

​​​​​​​

Ooooh, you're sneaky. I like it!!
    *bows* I aim to misbehave.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My bloodwork results have been coming in. Some of them good, some not so good. Hopefully the doctor will call me Friday morning to discuss them with me.

And Friday night/Saturday morning is supposed to be incredibly cold. Now the wind chill factor could be as low as -30 F / -34 C. I'd better turn up the heat in the house a little today, in preparation.

Muahahaha... that false sense of having a younger body again.

Yeah, basically. My joint pain was far beyond normal aging, though, so this really does feel wonderful in comparison!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hah! Enjoy the fountain of youth! But yeah, definitely watch yourself, overdoing would be bad.
      Yes!! I was cleaning some stuff on the bottom shelves of the fridge that I've been leaving for awhile, while my back was sorer than usual. Felt good to be able to do normal stuff again.

*bows* I aim to misbehave.
      And you're so talented at it.
      Last edited by JT-2; 02 February 2023, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Gw ate my post. It went something like drunk Elsa for real, lol. Hope everyone is riding out the weather ok. It’s been fine here, but my luck will be tested tomorrow as I’m supposed to fly through Dallas.

JT2 I hope you get some better health news. Joint pain is no fun.

Comment

My bloodwork results have been coming in. Some of them good, some not so good. Hopefully the doctor will call me Friday morning to discuss them with me.
          Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you! *hugs*

And Friday night/Saturday morning is supposed to be incredibly cold. Now the wind chill factor could be as low as -30 F / -34 C. I'd better turn up the heat in the house a little today, in preparation.
          *disappears in a layer of blankets just thinking about it*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Zandras_Ashes, I hope you have a good flight today!

*hugs you* Hopefully it's not too serious.

​*whimpers and hides under the blankets with Falcon Horus*

Out here in the northlands, the wind's supposed to start picking up this afternoon as a front moves in. Rain, but no snow, the temps will be too high for that at least.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. My doctor messaged me that my inflammation markers were up, but all the specific-to-one-disease type tests were negative. So he said we'll see how the prednisone helps. I might want to see a rheumatologist either way, cause I'd like to know if there's some reason why my inflammation markers were up. But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy the steroid induced good feelings for as long as I can.

It was bitterly cold here today. But it's only supposed to last the one day.

Oh, and good news! We're not celebrating my niece's birthday on Superbowl Sunday after all. I had discussed this with my sister just yesterday, to get us on the same page (or as she said, so she could take the fall).

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                Gw ate my post. It went something like drunk Elsa for real, lol. Hope everyone is riding out the weather ok. It’s been fine here, but my luck will be tested tomorrow as I’m supposed to fly through Dallas.

JT2 I hope you get some better health news. Joint pain is no fun.
                Good luck going through Dallas!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. My doctor messaged me that my inflammation markers were up, but all the specific-to-one-disease type tests were negative. So he said we'll see how the prednisone helps. I might want to see a rheumatologist either way, cause I'd like to know if there's some reason why my inflammation markers were up. But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy the steroid induced good feelings for as long as I can.
                  Yay! That's good news (well, not about the inflammation markers, but all the rest). And hey, it could just have been a momentary spike for the markers, that can happen with other things like cholesterol and the like. A little high one time, but back to normal the next time.

It was bitterly cold here today. But it's only supposed to last the one day.
                  Hopefully that's the case.

Oh, and good news! We're not celebrating my niece's birthday on Superbowl Sunday after all. I had discussed this with my sister just yesterday, to get us on the same page (or as she said, so she could take the fall).
                  Double yay! Peaceful Super Bowl viewing is secured!

Comment

Yeah, my flight through Dallas was cancelled and they rebooked me for a full day later so I lucked out with a decent same day fare and booked a new ticket on a different airline which put me in the same flight as my friend. We are playing in the desert for a few days hiking around at Joshua Tree. Our air bnb is super cute and has a hot tub to help our old bones recover lol.

JT2 glad the prednisone is helping. It really helps me out when I take it.
                    FH- I had the mental picture of you yelling at the birds

Comment

FH- I had the mental picture of you yelling at the birds
                      Happy to entertain.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yeah, my flight through Dallas was cancelled and they rebooked me for a full day later so I lucked out with a decent same day fare and booked a new ticket on a different airline which put me in the same flight as my friend. We are playing in the desert for a few days hiking around at Joshua Tree. Our air bnb is super cute and has a hot tub to help our old bones recover lol.
                        Awesome! Glad everything with the trip worked out and it sounds gorgeous!

Comment

Yay! That's good news (well, not about the inflammation markers, but all the rest). And hey, it could just have been a momentary spike for the markers, that can happen with other things like cholesterol and the like. A little high one time, but back to normal the next time.
                          Oh, definitely!! That's why I want the tests to be rerun after I'm done with the prednisone even if I'm feeling better. I hope it's just a temporary thing, and this treatment will kick my body back into normality. (Whatever is normal for me, that is!)

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                          Niiiiiice!!! So glad you're enjoying yourselves!!

Comment

I woke up at 5am this morning, but thought it was 5pm and that I'd missed dinner at my brother's house. So I texted my sister-in-law saying I was sorry. THEN I realized it was AM, not PM. She now thinks I'm off my rocker.

Comment

I woke up at 5am this morning, but thought it was 5pm and that I'd missed dinner at my brother's house. So I texted my sister-in-law saying I was sorry. THEN I realized it was AM, not PM. She now thinks I'm off my rocker.
                              ... and also... Awkward!

Comment

... and also... Awkward!
                                Yeah, just a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X