Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    Yeah, that's really what struck me about Sanctuary the second time I watched it. There was no real subplot. It was just Chaya. The episodes in the first half, where you'd expect some wobbling around, had more events going on than Sanctuary did, at which point the show is pretty stable and can obviously handle lots of things happening.

Episodes about a random guest character usually bother me, especially when it's obvious that the character is a one-time deal. Sanctuary really felt like we were just expected to like Chaya for no reason. If I wanted that, I'd find crappy fan fic to read.
    LMAO...crappy fanfic. As funny as that sounds, that is all too true!
    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
      LMAO...crappy fanfic. As funny as that sounds, that is all too true!
      Actually I feel like reading crappy fan fic at the moment...beats my crappy life

*goes to find some*

Comment

Well I didn't find any crappy fan fic

But I wrote some...which also put me in a better mood

Football

Don't even ask where the inspiration came from...lol

Comment

wow 78 pages, i dont usually get a chance to reply in threads 78 pages long with no spam, there is more blank spaces than a classified govt report lol. Weir and Sheppard have a much better chemistry and mutual attraction than Treyla\Sheppard, so i am would say i am neutral-pro (in a scale from anti,anti-neutral,neutral,neutral-pro,pro) shipper, but anti treyla\shep shipper. I feel that a Shep\Weir ship would feel more natural than a treyla\Shep ship, and i dont really like treylas character anyway.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1

Football

aw *hugs* again sweetie... and it was a great fic too! Especially that end scene... cute!

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
              wow 78 pages, i dont usually get a chance to reply in threads 78 pages long with no spam, there is more blank spaces than a classified govt report lol. Weir and Sheppard have a much better chemistry and mutual attraction than Treyla\Sheppard, so i am would say i am neutral-pro (in a scale from anti,anti-neutral,neutral,neutral-pro,pro) shipper, but anti treyla\shep shipper. I feel that a Shep\Weir ship would feel more natural than a treyla\Shep ship, and i dont really like treylas character anyway.
              Thanks Mack - I'm glad to see that you think that this thread has no spam in it!

I think most folk on this thread would agree with you about the shippy aspect, except for Gatelover, but he just comes here to get chased by Jor!

Comment

when you say football, do you mean soccer, or american football? I guess i will stay here in this shipper thread considering i must be positive when ever i enter a thread. I wonder if anyone has made a Super Solder\Chevron Guy ship thread yet? I know Thor\Sam exists (wtf?), maybe Cassandra\Selmack?
                Major Davis\Carter? Sergeant Siler\Oma Desala? Pete Shanahan\Dr. Svetlana Markov?

Jonas Quinn\Dr Fraiser - I want that VERY PRO on that one.
                Last edited by macktheknife; 26 February 2005, 07:39 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Welcome, macktheknife! We'd be happy to have you stick around, though you should know that we tend to convert people who are on the fence — Astro and Hatcheter (I think) are fine examples of that.

I'm also glad that you say we've got real substance here. Isn't it great to find a ship thread where they can actually talk about the ship? (By the way, Sam/Thor is all in good fun. )

I love your screen name, by the way — I love that song.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Welcome Macktheknife!

We'd be happy to have you stick around, though you should know that we tend to convert people who are on the fence — Astro and Hatcheter (I think) are fine examples of that.
                    We are only able to brainwash...I mean convert, because we have some evidence that the chemstry exists between Shep/Weir. Subtle as it may be, there is still much much more chemsitry between Sheppard and Weir then Teyla/Shep.

Even in 'Rising' (and its one infamous Sheyla cave scene where the Sheylas base their whole ship on), I believe there was more Sheppard and Weir. There is something between the two even in just the pilot episode, that Sheppard and Weir are comfortable, to an extent, with each other.
                    ~Athena

Comment

I guess there is some evidence that Weir and Sheppard have a thing for each other but I'm not sure if there's enough for me? I guess the real reason is I just don't see them together. Besides, she looks too old for him
                      WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                        I guess there is some evidence that Weir and Sheppard have a thing for each other but I'm not sure if there's enough for me? I guess the real reason is I just don't see them together. Besides, she looks too old for him
                        Well looks can be deceiving since Torri/Weir is younger then Joe/Sheppard.

Ship in general isn't based on the appearance of how 'good' the two look as a couple. As many have said in this thread, there is chemistry between the two that make the ship work.

If a relationsip was suppose to be based on looks, well you know that ship isn't going to last at least not in the long run.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                          Well looks can be deceiving since Torri/Weir is younger then Joe/Sheppard.

Ship in general isn't based on the appearance of how 'good' the two look as a couple. As many have said in this thread, there is chemistry between the two that make the ship work.

If a relationsip was suppose to be based on looks, well you know that ship isn't going to last at least not in the long run.
                          That's what i mean, i just don't seem to see the chemistry, i guess there'll possibly be more evidence later on that'll shut me up, lol. But for now, i'm unconvinced

Just out of interest, how old are they both then?
                          WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Through the beginning of the season they played around with how old Weir looks. The straight hair made her look older (especially in Thirty-Eight Minutes). They've messed around with makeup; they've let her hair do just about everything. She has very sharp features, and the curls soften her face and make her look less severe. I think she's also put on a little bit of weight since the beginning of the season, which is a good thing, I think. There were times when she just looked emaciated, and that was making her look older. Plus those greys they had her wearing early in the season were not flattering.

Athena's right, though. Torri is younger than Joe, and Weir is supposed to be younger than Sheppard. Mentally, of course, Sheppard is all of twelve. But some men need an older woman.

ETA: Weir is 35, while Sheppard is late thirties. The actors are both about those ages.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1

Football

That's pretty good, though I'm with Rodney: Hockey rules! (Here in Football-land, aka Texas, I'm considered a heretic. )

Welcome, macktheknife! We'd be happy to have you stick around, though you should know that we tend to convert people who are on the fence — Astro and Hatcheter (I think) are fine examples of that.
                              Yeah, I was won over to the idea by this thread as the season progressed. No brainwashing involved. Really.

Athena's right, though. Torri is younger than Joe, and Weir is supposed to be younger than Sheppard. Mentally, of course, Sheppard is all of twelve. But some men need an older woman.
                              LOL! I admit, it's true.

a time to mourn

Comment

Mentally, of course, Sheppard is all of twelve. But some men need an older woman.
                                That just reminds me of that "I shot him" scene in Hide and Seek.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X