Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    A convention that is a year away -- anything can happen.

I have one coming up in 3 months where they just announced the first actor -- none other than the guy who played Tormund Giantsbane in Game of Thrones. Now, I want them to also invite Gwendolyn Christie and Nicolas Coster-Waldau, and have a Tormund/Brienne/Jamie reunion.
    That would be quite a trio! Nicolas Coster-Waldau is scheduled to be at a local convention in August. Crossing my fingers he makes it.

Yesterday was too hot.

My car proudly stated, as I got in to leave work, that it was 41° Celsius. And instead of lowering that temperature, he added 3 more degrees as I was driving home. I couldn't even open the windows (my airco is on low setting in the car cause I really don't like it -- gives me a headache) cause it felt like blowing hot air in your face with a hairdryer.

And then it threatened to rain in the evening, combined with some thunderstorms but nada... a bit of thunder and lightning, some threatening clouds but not a drop of rain...

There was also chaos in public transport with trains getting stuck on tracks and the airco giving up so people trapped in overheating trains. Roads that suffered from the heat.

Yeah, we're not used to that kind of hot weather... at all.
    That is crazy. Hope it's cooling off for you soon.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Please tell them to get everything fixed up before I get there on Sept. 22. Just sayin'. We have a bus tour of Brussels plus a walking tour of some places in the morning. Then we do Bruges in the afternoon plus overnight there. My feet hurt already. Then on to Paris in the morning.
    I get hungry every time you mention your trip- so much good food in those areas. I've been craving the Belgian Beef stew I had in Bruges. I have a recipe for the stew I really need to try out this fall.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I think we just implied that my undies are so huge they need their own suitcase. *chooses not to be offended*
      Has flashback to that one scene in Bridget Jones Diary when she's at the airport and the TCA agent produces that large undie from her bag.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      That is crazy. Hope it's cooling off for you soon.
      It already has.

It rained gloriously during the weekend. 2 days of constant rain and the temps have dropped to 20-23 degrees Celsius.
      This the summer Belgium is used to, not that hot-as-hell thing.

I get hungry every time you mention your trip- so much good food in those areas. I've been craving the Belgian Beef stew I had in Bruges. I have a recipe for the stew I really need to try out this fall.
      Had impromptu dinner with a colleague yesterday after work, and I had a beef stew... It was glorious.
      Afterwards she took me for a 5km walk around the buildings of the University of Antwerp. I'm not entirely sure my beef stew appreciated the workout.

And she kept bringing up the "What sport would you like to do" question since she feels I should move more... Chess, apparently, was not the sport she had in mind.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh my, so it's been a LIFETIME since I've come to or posted on GW.

But yesterday I got a glimpse of SGA on tumblr and suddenly remembered everything I loved about this show and because I can't seem to get into any recent series I've decided to rewatch SGA during my lunch break at work aaaaand I've noticed how there's so much I forgot about this series so can't wait to REdiscover everything. It's gonna be heartbreaking so wish me luuuuuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post

But yesterday I got a glimpse of SGA on tumblr and suddenly remembered everything I loved about this show and because I can't seem to get into any recent series I've decided to rewatch SGA during my lunch break at work aaaaand I've noticed how there's so much I forgot about this series so can't wait to REdiscover everything. It's gonna be heartbreaking so wish me luuuuuck!
          Welcome back. It's always fun to revisit SGA and don't forget to yell "They look so young." at the TV.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Welcome back. It's always fun to revisit SGA and don't forget to yell "They look so young." at the TV.
            And David Hewlett still has hair...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Welcome back, Lizlove! Hope you enjoy your rewatch! (I really ought to do that sometime soon. I keep saying it, but I never get around to it, LOL.)

It's always fun to revisit SGA and don't forget to yell "They look so young." at the TV.
              So young, so innocent, poor things they have no idea what's going to happen to them...

I think we just implied that my undies are so huge they need their own suitcase. *chooses not to be offended*
              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Okay I needed that good laugh. Thank you.
              Has flashback to that one scene in Bridget Jones Diary when she's at the airport and the TCA agent produces that large undie from her bag.
              Ohhhh, I'm not even gonna touch this one.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Welcome back, Lizlove! Hope you enjoy your rewatch! (I really ought to do that sometime soon. I keep saying it, but I never get around to it, LOL.)

So young, so innocent, poor things they have no idea what's going to happen to them...

Those sound like Torri's own words. I can't remember where, but I remember someone asking Torri what advice she'd go back and tell herself or Weir on Season 1 and her response was the same.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Those sound like Torri's own words. I can't remember where, but I remember someone asking Torri what advice she'd go back and tell herself or Weir on Season 1 and her response was the same.
                  Oh dear...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Had impromptu dinner with a colleague yesterday after work, and I had a beef stew... It was glorious.
                    Afterwards she took me for a 5km walk around the buildings of the University of Antwerp. I'm not entirely sure my beef stew appreciated the workout.

And she kept bringing up the "What sport would you like to do" question since she feels I should move more... Chess, apparently, was not the sport she had in mind.
                    Oh dear. Yeah, beef stew is probably not the best idea before walking 5k.

Chess is a sport in my book!!

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post

But yesterday I got a glimpse of SGA on tumblr and suddenly remembered I loved about this show and because I can't seem to get into any recent series I've decided to rewatch SGA during my lunch break at work aaaaand I've noticed how there's so much I forgot about this series so can't wait to REdiscover everything. It's gonna be heartbreaking so wish me luuuuuck!
                    Welcome back to the thread!! Like Scary Kitty I always say I'm going to do a rewatch and then I don't. I still have most of the current season of Lucifer to watch, but no motivation to watch it. Weird.

Comment

Chess is a sport in my book!!
                      In mine as well... but not in hers...

Went walking through the rain today and then we skipped rope... and I still got it. I used to do rope-skipping on competition level. While I don't have that level anymore, I can still skip pretty great.

My colleague joined me and it was loads of fun...

Comment

Saw a video snippet from GH with Neil (Joe) singing a lullaby while stuck in elevator- Hush Little Baby. I had my doubt in the conversation leading up to singing, but... it was kind of amazing. The look on his face when he finished....gah. Oi with the woobie eyes. Day made.
                        sigpic

Comment

In mine as well... but not in hers...

Went walking through the rain today and then we skipped rope... and I still got it. I used to do rope-skipping on competition level. While I don't have that level anymore, I can still skip pretty great.

My colleague joined me and it was loads of fun...
                          That's really cool!! I've always thought people who could do that well were very impressive.

Saw a video snippet from GH with Neil (Joe) singing a lullaby while stuck in elevator- Hush Little Baby. I had my doubt in the conversation leading up to singing, but... it was kind of amazing. The look on his face when he finished....gah. Oi with the woobie eyes. Day made.
                          Oh boy!! Which episode was it on -- which day of the week? I'll watch it On Demand.

Comment

I just watched that and ran upstairs to post about it. It was just WOW and the woobie face was incredible. I actually got tears in my eyes. It was Thursday's episode.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Welcome back to the thread!! Like Scary Kitty I always say I'm going to do a rewatch and then I don't. I still have most of the current season of Lucifer to watch, but no motivation to watch it. Weird.
                              Yep, I still want to do a rewatch of Babylon 5, but I haven't gotten around to it because I still haven't hooked up my Blu-Ray player. On the other hand, B5 is being shown on Comet, so I don't really need the player, LOL.

Oh my...something else to add to the list of things I really really need to watch!

Comment

Packed and ready to fly out to the UK tomorrow...
                                Off to the lake district for a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X