No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it didn't let me grab these the first go around, so sorry for double posting.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I was in London and it was WICKED!!

No really, I went to see Wicked and oh my goddess, I'm in love...
    Alice Fearn, with whom I'm vaguely familiar when I read the information booklet, literally blew me away with her performance. She literally blew the rest of the cast completely out of the musical. What a voice...

*thunk*
    Ohhh- how fun! I keep saying I'm going to watch it in NYC, but I haven't managed to yet.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    That's so cool! I've been to a few cons and met a few people and although they generally went well, but I usually find myself regretting one thing or another about it. For example, a year or two ago I got a picture with me and Joe, but I wasn't happy with how I looked. I think my smile looked a bit creepy.

Earlier this year, I got Amy Jo Johnson's autograph. She was really nice, and it was great meeting my number 1 celebrity crush, but afterward, I remember feeling like I should have said something slightly different.

More often that not I somehow find a way to drive myself nuts with recriminations (even when I probably shouldn't) after meeting celebs. Karl Urban is for some reason the only exception.

On another note:

"Call me farbots, but they're gonna have our mivons on a platter if don't... starburst the draz outta here!"

"The cluster's been damaged, we're not going anywhere!"

"Oh, dren!"

"Hezmana!"

"Ah, son of a hasmot!"

"Yotz!"

I think I missed the Farscape fun. God I miss that show. And I have a feeling I would have had regrets when I went back to get Joe's autograph after bumbling through the photo, but was saved by the gentleman in front of me (retired military) with a service dog, so I became part of that conversation. How was Karl Urban? I could see him being a fun one. I'd love to catch up with him one day at a con. Or on the street. You know, whatever works for him, lol.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    In my case how I reacted had a lot to do with how much of a fangirl I was. Joe made me into a blithering idiot but it did get me a hug. The rest of them were no problem and I was able to chat freely. Just as I got my autograph from Michael Shanks there was a delay in the line behind me because one of his fans had a gift that had to be explained to the handler. So there I stood just me and Daniel Jackson having a nice chat about how his day was going. When I exited the line I was mobbed by fangirls wanting to know what we talked about. LOL

I also think in our case age had a lot to do with it. Nobody thought Mr. SR or I would grab them or do anything inappropriate so they were a bit more relaxed and less on guard with us. After I got my pic with Joe a girl grabbed his behind. They said he jumped 3 feet. Totally wrong on so many levels.
    Aww. The hugs! He did some cute poses while I waited and everyone was behaving. He did the one post with the boyfriend and girlfriend that has become popular, with Joe half hugging the girl and holding out his hand to keep back the boyfriend. He did one with a ADA guests who pretended to be running him over with her electric wheelchair/scooter.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Remember how we talked about the fact that Joe is younger than the woman he is paired up with on General Hospital? Well, I was looking at the ages of Days of our Lives cast members, and found there's one guy who is 42 and has been paired with a 55 year old and a woman in her 60s. So I guess maybe daytime dramas go for that kind of thing since age is such a fluid thing there. I thought the guy was in his 50s... just assumed he was as old as the current woman paired with him. I couldn't believe he is younger than I am. He's cute, though. Tall, dark, and European... just how I like them.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      "Now Elizabeth, I know you get a charge out of patching me up every time I get a boo boo, but I only do whump on Mondays. Canon and all that."

"Very funny, John. You were off-world on a Thursday that time you came back with concussion after Ronon dared you to climb that tree."

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

I hate that for you. I have an auto-immune disorder and have issues with my joints so I have to be mindful of seating and invest in good office chairs. Hope it eases up soon for you.
      Thanks. I'm sorry you have an auto-immune disorder. Part of my problem now is that my doctor is changing my medicine around, and it's not working as well. Hopefully it will get settled soon and I'll be back to my "normal".

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'm almost laughing just picturing the struggle to fit in in there. Glad you managed it!
        Heh, that's why we measured the box first. You should've seen us when we realized it would indeed fit! Fitting all the other stuff we bought in around it was fun though. Like a giant game of Tetris!

Aww. The hugs! He did some cute poses while I waited and everyone was behaving. He did the one post with the boyfriend and girlfriend that has become popular, with Joe half hugging the girl and holding out his hand to keep back the boyfriend. He did one with a ADA guests who pretended to be running him over with her electric wheelchair/scooter.
        LMAO, that's so awesome!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Remember how we talked about the fact that Joe is younger than the woman he is paired up with on General Hospital? Well, I was looking at the ages of Days of our Lives cast members, and found there's one guy who is 42 and has been paired with a 55 year old and a woman in her 60s. So I guess maybe daytime dramas go for that kind of thing since age is such a fluid thing there. I thought the guy was in his 50s... just assumed he was as old as the current woman paired with him. I couldn't believe he is younger than I am. He's cute, though. Tall, dark, and European... just how I like them.
        Heeheehee!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think I missed the Farscape fun. God I miss that show. And I have a feeling I would have had regrets when I went back to get Joe's autograph after bumbling through the photo, but was saved by the gentleman in front of me (retired military) with a service dog, so I became part of that conversation. How was Karl Urban? I could see him being a fun one. I'd love to catch up with him one day at a con. Or on the street. You know, whatever works for him, lol.
          It was a pretty quick moment, I think I was one of the last people because the line had already come and gone. But it was great because he and his handler were really nice, and I got through the whole thing without feeling embarrassed. I told him I was a huge fan of his work in Chronicles of Riddick, he said "Oh thank you. We had a lot of fun on that one."

In this particular case, we'd had to write down our names beforehand while we were in line. He took a stab at saying it out loud, but mispronounced it. I didn't mind, seeing as most people don't get Armenian names right on their first try.

I have to admit, this wasn't a variation I had heard before though.

I just clarified my name and said "Wow, thank you" then made a quick exit before I got too starstruck by the moment.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I had a funny moment with Nicholas Brandon once, and his handler. The handler and I are con-friends. We only see each other every edition at this con and don't actually know each other outside of it, so when I turned up at his desk, the young man greeted me cheerfully and told Nick we knew each other -- he then proceeded to not remember my name and Nick had a good laugh out of it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              It was a pretty quick moment, I think I was one of the last people because the line had already come and gone. But it was great because he and his handler were really nice, and I got through the whole thing without feeling embarrassed. I told him I was a huge fan of his work in Chronicles of Riddick, he said "Oh thank you. We had a lot of fun on that one."

In this particular case, we'd had to write down our names beforehand while we were in line. He took a stab at saying it out loud, but mispronounced it. I didn't mind, seeing as most people don't get Armenian names right on their first try.

I have to admit, this wasn't a variation I had heard before though.

I just clarified my name and said "Wow, thank you" then made a quick exit before I got too starstruck by the moment.
              I had a funny moment with Nicholas Brandon once, and his handler. The handler and I are con-friends. We only see each other every edition at this con and don't actually know each other outside of it, so when I turned up at his desk, the young man greeted me cheerfully and told Nick we knew each other -- he then proceeded to not remember my name and Nick had a good laugh out of it.
              Those are awesome stories!

I met the late Richard Biggs (Dr. Stephen Franklin on Babylon 5) at a couple of cons. We had both gone to USC (over a decade apart) and had some of the same teachers, so the second time, he remembered me and asked how Dr. So and So was doing, and such. Pretty cool.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and (to those in the US) Independence Day! (hope you all left out some apple pie for Captain America last night, LOL!)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and (to those in the US) Independence Day! (hope you all left out some apple pie for Captain America last night, LOL!)
                  Happy 4th to all the US peeps! I might be going out to fireworks tonight. It depends on the heat. It's very warm. I might not want to leave my air-conditioned house.

Comment

Happy 4th to all the US peeps! I might be going out to fireworks tonight. It depends on the heat. It's very warm. I might not want to leave my air-conditioned house.
                    Just watched the Blue Angels flyover on TV and shortly after they circled around and flew over my house. Score. Didn't see them because of clouds but heard them. Loud jets. Lots of them. And love how the storms avoided DC except for a nice rain to cool everyone off. Happy Independence Day America!
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just watched the Blue Angels flyover on TV and shortly after they circled around and flew over my house. Score. Didn't see them because of clouds but heard them. Loud jets. Lots of them. And love how the storms avoided DC except for a nice rain to cool everyone off. Happy Independence Day America!
                      That's so cool!!!

I didn't end up going out. I got to hear the fireworks my neighbors were lighting though. As I said on Tumblr, it's the yearly "I hope my drunk neighbors don't set my house on fire" tradition.

Comment

So apparently... and I thought I knew the basics of the independence wars ... there were airports?
                        Also, some mix-ups happened between 1776 and 1812... history rewritten in one speech.

Anywho... it's my aunt's birthday on July 4th so I had strawberry pie (2 pieces), icecream (vanilla with chocolate sauce) and french fries for dinner -- in that order.

Comment

That's so cool!!!

I didn't end up going out. I got to hear the fireworks my neighbors were lighting though. As I said on Tumblr, it's the yearly "I hope my drunk neighbors don't set my house on fire" tradition.
                          We had fireworks about a block away to sing us to sleep. But no, we don't go out anymore. Too many people.

So apparently... and I thought I knew the basics of the independence wars ... there were airports?
                          Also, some mix-ups happened between 1776 and 1812... history rewritten in one speech.
                          What? Well, the British came back and burned down the White House and a good part of the city in 1814 during a war about sea trade and their impressing our citizens to serve on ships. So that happened but it was a totally separate event from the war for independence. The flyovers are a great American tradition that occur at most patriotic celebrations as a salute to the military because we understand that freedom is not free and that those planes and troops keep us safe from outside attack.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The flyovers are a great American tradition that occur at most patriotic celebrations as a salute to the military because we understand that freedom is not free and that those planes and troops keep us safe from outside attack.
                            Not just in the US... except for the colors... the rest is pretty much the same...

Ours is on the 21st of July.
                            Probably still won't have a new government but who needs that anyway...

Comment

Everyone does have great convention stories. I was a late bloomer in that department, I only started attending a few years ago. Again, I guess I was afraid it would ruin the magic, but for the most part all my encounters have been positive experiences. I have some convention catching up to do.

Is that a thing? One of my friends posted that on Instagram, his kid had left out cookies and milk (in a Captain America tervis cup) along with a cute drawing of his shield. How have I missed this for so long?

Of course, had I left out anything, the skunks would have enjoyed the bounty. I live on a ridge, so from my back yard I have a great view of fireworks in every direction. I came within a foot of skunks twice- different ones, very different markings- and after I gave up on firework viewing I glanced back outside and saw another one. Poor babies (and bless them for not spraying me), it sounded like we were in the middle of a war zone.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I try my best to ignore him.

Anywho... it's my aunt's birthday on July 4th so I had strawberry pie (2 pieces), icecream (vanilla with chocolate sauce) and french fries for dinner -- in that order.
                                Yum!! Now that's a good meal.

We had fireworks about a block away to sing us to sleep. But no, we don't go out anymore. Too many people.
                                See, it's nice to be around people I can understand. I hate the crowds too. My family thinks I'm some kind of weirdo because I hate crowds so much. (I'll admit to being a weirdo, but not because of that).

Everyone does have great convention stories. I was a late bloomer in that department, I only started attending a few years ago. Again, I guess I was afraid it would ruin the magic, but for the most part all my encounters have been positive experiences. I have some convention catching up to do.
                                I've only been to the one convention, and as you know it's a small one. One of the big ones like San Diego Comic-con would scare the hell out of me (see earlier talk about crowds).

Is that a thing? One of my friends posted that on Instagram, his kid had left out cookies and milk (in a Captain America tervis cup) along with a cute drawing of his shield. How have I missed this for so long?

Of course, had I left out anything, the skunks would have enjoyed the bounty. I live on a ridge, so from my back yard I have a great view of fireworks in every direction. I came within a foot of skunks twice- different ones, very different markings- and after I gave up on firework viewing I glanced back outside and saw another one. Poor babies (and bless them for not spraying me), it sounded like we were in the middle of a war zone.
                                I always feel badly for the animals when fireworks are going off. They get so scared. It's the one night a year I'm glad I don't have pets anymore. I remember when we had 3 dogs and they would all go into my closet together when there were fireworks or a thunderstorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X