No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    That's nothing compared to the stories I could tell from Days. People die just to have some mysterious formula bring you back to life..... but the formula gives you a brain tumor so you need another shot of mysterious formula.

You just have to accept that it's kinda ridiculous and roll with it. You all won't get me sucked into watching GH. I got sucked into Days because I recognized half the characters from when I was younger. I don't recognize anyone on GH.
    LOL, I used to watch Days when I was in college. OMG that was truly the epitome of epic level crack.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Cool. I also used to watch Days. People never stayed dead and switched from evil to good and back to evil like changing your socks. Ah, soaps.
    Yup. Good times!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I try my best to ignore him.

Yum!! Now that's a good meal.

See, it's nice to be around people I can understand. I hate the crowds too. My family thinks I'm some kind of weirdo because I hate crowds so much. (I'll admit to being a weirdo, but not because of that).

I've only been to the one convention, and as you know it's a small one. One of the big ones like San Diego Comic-con would scare the hell out of me (see earlier talk about crowds).

I always feel badly for the animals when fireworks are going off. They get so scared. It's the one night a year I'm glad I don't have pets anymore. I remember when we had 3 dogs and they would all go into my closet together when there were fireworks or a thunderstorm.
      I'm odd with crowds. To some extent it makes sense, like Walmart crowd BAD. Chicago or NYC crowded streets? Worth it for me, in short doses anyway. Also, if I don't know anyone I tend to do better. Concerts two states away- cool. Concerts in Nashville where I'd see half my high school- bad. Not that I had any issues in high school or don't like them, it was a small school I went to and we were all cool with each other- it's just the stress of knowing I might have to stop and converse, lol. So conventions haven't bothered me, though I must admit as I was listening to conversations around me in Chicago and wondering- are you on GW, do you write Fanfic, who are you? Have I ran into you on the internet before?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of pretty, we watched the village fireworks from our new vantage point on my office balcony. Absolutely fantastic! Got some bad pics that I might post on Instagram later And we even caught some fireworks off in the distance on the mainland! (We also got to see some tiny fireworks somewhere in the greater Vancouver area back on the 1st (yay Canada Day!), so that was fun.)
      That kind of view pays off-how fun! I'm going to be doing some traveling up your way next May, maybe not as far North as it sounds like you are, but somewhat close, going through the area around Deception Pass and Anacortes and either day tripping to the San Juans or braving the Ferry with a car to spend a couple of nights.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I do too but the Twitter crowd ran with it, and oh boy... there's some solid gold out there.

Same with our new minister-president (or however you want to call it) of our Flemish parliament who compared the Belgian flag with a rag. The cartoons and meme's that followed were hilarious. Most of us rolled our eyes cause we'd seen it coming a mile away she was gonna say something stupid not long after taking her oath.

Unfortunately, we might be stuck with this nitwit all the same...
      What? Compared the flag to a rag? Whoa. Just...nuts.

Today on Days of Our Lives I got to see the guy I'm crushing on take his shirt off. I was QUITE appreciative of that fact.

So, Southern Red, what are the odds we may someday get a shirtless Joe scene? I'm watching General Hospital right now to see him. I have no idea what is going on but he looks damn good.

Exactly!!

I feel your pain.
      I looked at your post and the only thing I saw for several seconds was "shirtless Joe" lol. That totally derailed my train of thought for a bit.

I doubt that will ever happen but if you saw I think it was the Wed episode, you saw the sad woobie Elizabeth face and the angry face also. He's starting to get more of a story. They must like his work.
      I really need to start recording this. Thanks for keeping us updated. I watched early on and then got to the episode where they kind of embarrassed his character when his (super young) online date showed up and she was all like "you do not look that old in your picture." I was offended, well that's kind of a strong word, but I was embarrassed on his character's behalf and stopped watching. I'm glad they are pumping up his story line. I know it's a soap and they are notorious for the drama, but he deserves more than online dating mishaps. (the girl was kind of crazy young, though maybe it's just me getting older lol).
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

I really need to start recording this. Thanks for keeping us updated. I watched early on and then got to the episode where they kind of embarrassed his character when his (super young) online date showed up and she was all like "you do not look that old in your picture." I was offended, well that's kind of a strong word, but I was embarrassed on his character's behalf and stopped watching. I'm glad they are pumping up his story line. I know it's a soap and they are notorious for the drama, but he deserves more than online dating mishaps. (the girl was kind of crazy young, though maybe it's just me getting older lol).
        I took a step back at that also but luckily they haven't been back there. His character has been very professional. They keep teasing the possibility of a romance with Alexis. Who knows with soaps. It probably won't matter to them that he is her therapist and since the actress is quite a bit older than he is, we won't have the age problem. I'd like the number of her surgeon. They'll likely also have them be the same age or try to convince us that he is older.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

What? Compared the flag to a rag? Whoa. Just...nuts.
          Mind you, our flag is just a black-yellow-red striped thing, waving at the flagpoles at important buildings. We're not overly attached to the thing. Nor to the Flemish Lion (red claws and tongue, not the completely black lion -- that's the flag used by the rightwing parties). Although, I generally like the Lion better than the stripes because well... it's a lion and it looks more knight-ly.

Thursday, the Lion will be out in force again, when we commemerate the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302 when the Flemish weavers beat the French knights at Courtrai. We kicked their proverbial iron butts that day.

We even have an athem (which I only know a few lines of):

They will never tame him, the proud Flemish Lion,
          Even if they threaten his freedom with fetters and with shouts.
          They will never tame him, as long as one Fleming lives.
          As long as the Lion can claw, as long as he has teeth.

Chorus:

Time devours cities, no thrones will ever last,
          Armies may go under, but a people never dies.
          The enemy comes marching in; surrounded by mortal danger
          We laugh at his anger: the Flemish Lion is here!

Chorus

Only the text above is actually sung on official occasions, not the following stanzas:

For a thousand years now has he fought, for freedom, land and God,
          And yet his strength is as youthful as ever.
          Should anyone think him powerless, and taunt him with a kick,
          Both menacing and fearsome will he rise.

Chorus

Pity the mindless who, deceptive and full of treason,
          Comes to pet the Flemish Lion and hit him faithlessly.
          Not a single movement he does not see:
          And if he feels offended, he will raise his manes and roar.

Chorus

The sign of revenge has been given, he is tired of their bait;
          With fire in the eye, in anger he jumps towards the enemy.
          He tears, destroys, crushes, covers in blood and mud
          And in victory grins over his enemy's trembling corpse.

Chorus

More info about the Battle of the Golden Spurs.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mind you, our flag is just a black-yellow-red striped thing, waving at the flagpoles at important buildings. We're not overly attached to the thing. Nor to the Flemish Lion (red claws and tongue, not the completely black lion -- that's the flag used by the rightwing parties). Although, I generally like the Lion better than the stripes because well... it's a lion and it looks more knight-ly.

Thursday, the Lion will be out in force again, when we commemerate the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302 when the Flemish weavers beat the French knights at Courtrai. We kicked their proverbial iron butts that day.

We even have an athem (which I only know a few lines of):

They will never tame him, the proud Flemish Lion,
            Even if they threaten his freedom with fetters and with shouts.

Chorus:

Time devours cities, no thrones will ever last,
            Armies may go under, but a people never dies.
            The enemy comes marching in; surrounded by mortal danger
            We laugh at his anger: the Flemish Lion is here!

Chorus

Only the text above is actually sung on official occasions, not the following stanzas:

For a thousand years now has he fought, for freedom, land and God,
            And yet his strength is as youthful as ever.
            Should anyone think him powerless, and taunt him with a kick,
            Both menacing and fearsome will he rise.

Chorus

Pity the mindless who, deceptive and full of treason,
            Comes to pet the Flemish Lion and hit him faithlessly.
            Not a single movement he does not see:
            And if he feels offended, he will raise his manes and roar.

Chorus

The sign of revenge has been given, he is tired of their bait;
            With fire in the eye, in anger he jumps towards the enemy.
            He tears, destroys, crushes, covers in blood and mud
            And in victory grins over his enemy's trembling corpse.

Chorus

More info about the Battle of the Golden Spurs.
            Nice. I always love shows of patriotism, no matter what country. Do people burn your flag because they disagree with the government?
            sigpic

Comment

Do people burn your flag because they disagree with the government?
              Which government?

There's the federal one, the Flemish one, the Walloon one and the German one.
              That's 4 flags to choose from.

The right-leaning parties in Flanders want to seperate the country and the Minister-President happens to be a member of the Nationalist Flemish Alliance (N-VA) so she'll be more likely to favor the Flemish lion over the Belgian stripes, so the stripes would loose in this case.

Two hilarious cartoons about the situation:

Spoiler:

King Filip: "Our flag! A rag?!"
              The other dude: "Now, now, every govermnent needs a drunk ant."

Liesbeth: "Now what? I'm spring cleaning, can't you see that."
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Which government?

There's the federal one, the Flemish one, the Walloon one and the German one.
                That's 4 flags to choose from.

The right-leaning parties in Flanders want to seperate the country and the Minister-President happens to be a member of the Nationalist Flemish Alliance (N-VA) so she'll be more likely to favor the Flemish lion over the Belgian stripes, so the stripes would loose in this case.

Spoiler:

Ah, well luckily we only have the one flag and the one government.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'm odd with crowds. To some extent it makes sense, like Walmart crowd BAD. Chicago or NYC crowded streets? Worth it for me, in short doses anyway. Also, if I don't know anyone I tend to do better. Concerts two states away- cool. Concerts in Nashville where I'd see half my high school- bad. Not that I had any issues in high school or don't like them, it was a small school I went to and we were all cool with each other- it's just the stress of knowing I might have to stop and converse, lol. So conventions haven't bothered me, though I must admit as I was listening to conversations around me in Chicago and wondering- are you on GW, do you write Fanfic, who are you? Have I ran into you on the internet before?
                  LOL! Yeah, that's always a bit of fun, isn't it?

That kind of view pays off-how fun! I'm going to be doing some traveling up your way next May, maybe not as far North as it sounds like you are, but somewhat close, going through the area around Deception Pass and Anacortes and either day tripping to the San Juans or braving the Ferry with a car to spend a couple of nights.
                  Oh you're definitely going to be close all right!

I looked at your post and the only thing I saw for several seconds was "shirtless Joe" lol. That totally derailed my train of thought for a bit.
                  Derailed all of our trains of thought, methinks...

Hmm, glad I missed that bit...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Reply with quote isn't working for me today, so I'll be brief.

Talking about soaps and age differences. The guy I like, he just kissed his former lover - who is 20 years older than him in real life! She's also had some major work done. It wasn't done well, though.

Comment

Spoiler:

Lol, I was not expecting that translation. Drunk ants. That made me smile way too big.

Talking about soaps and age differences. The guy I like, he just kissed his former lover - who is 20 years older than him in real life! She's also had some major work done. It wasn't done well, though.
                      Ooof. Well maybe he will remember why they are his ex soon. Nostalgia always a powerful pull, but reality tends to kick in sooner or later. Hang in there. And LOL on the major work.
                      sigpic

Comment

Today I accidently hit the wrong button on the remote and tuned in Days. First thing I saw was Victor, looking exactly the same, talking to white-haired John. Then Hope and Marlena showed up looking like they were wearing Halloween masks of their former selves. Hope was talking about Eve who is now evidently the police commissioner. LOL I remember her as a bratty teen, and FYI the original actress who played her is now on GH along with at least a couple of others from earlier on DAYS. What a flashback.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooof. Well maybe he will remember why they are his ex soon. Nostalgia always a powerful pull, but reality tends to kick in sooner or later. Hang in there. And LOL on the major work.
                          According to spoilers, he's supposed to kiss the woman he's been pining after (who is 10 years older than him) next week. I was just disappointed when he put his shirt back on. I thought maybe I'd get a whole week of him shirtless.

Today I accidently hit the wrong button on the remote and tuned in Days. First thing I saw was Victor, looking exactly the same, talking to white-haired John. Then Hope and Marlena showed up looking like they were wearing Halloween masks of their former selves. Hope was talking about Eve who is now evidently the police commissioner. LOL I remember her as a bratty teen, and FYI the original actress who played her is now on GH along with at least a couple of others from earlier on DAYS. What a flashback.
                          Victor does look the same. The actor is in his 80s and they always show him sitting down, so I guess he has problems walking. You didn't see Kate, though. Talk about Halloween masks (she was the bad face job I was referring to earlier). Her face reminds me of Joan Rivers, in that "I've been pulled way too many times" kinda way. They definitely don't age with dignity on soaps. Well, the women anyway. They've all had work done.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

OMG I think I got whiplash reading that!

Comment

According to spoilers, he's supposed to kiss the woman he's been pining after (who is 10 years older than him) next week. I was just disappointed when he put his shirt back on. I thought maybe I'd get a whole week of him shirtless.
                              Ahhhahahaha. I'm such a goof. All my fault. You said it- speaking of soaps, but I somehow interpreted it as your life compared to soap operas and thought your real life crush kissed his ex. Tears are streaming down my face as I laugh at myself. Though I did wonder how you knew the crush kissed his ex...should have put that together, eh? I'll be laughing at myself all day for that one.

And I totally need a onscreen crush I can see shirtless for a week. I've been binge watching Supernatural, i'm into season 7 now. They totally need more shirtless Jensen epps, but there are a few sprinkled in there.

Oh my gosh- how trippy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ahhhahahaha. I'm such a goof. All my fault. You said it- speaking of soaps, but I somehow interpreted it as your life compared to soap operas and thought your real life crush kissed his ex. Tears are streaming down my face as I laugh at myself. Though I did wonder how you knew the crush kissed his ex...should have put that together, eh? I'll be laughing at myself all day for that one.
                                Bwahahahaha!!!! Now that's funny! You have me laughing so hard I'm crying too. I was wondering why you said to hang in there. I was like "huh"?

And I totally need a onscreen crush I can see shirtless for a week. I've been binge watching Supernatural, i'm into season 7 now. They totally need more shirtless Jensen epps, but there are a few sprinkled in there.
                                Oh, yeah, Jensen Ackles is a very pretty man.

Comment

Working...
                                X