This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
    They usually take it to the appropriate thunk thread rather than start a new thread for each new "event". Maybe we could start a few new ones though: JF's hair
    I'm surprised The Hair™ doesn't have a thread already...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      It does when
      Spoiler:
      the ship has been taken over by Wraith... Pistol not gonna be much help.
      Perhaps, but automatic weapons are only as good as the people firing them. Nothing in the show thus far has indicated that either has weapon training, and because of the close quarters, they'd be as dangerous to their friends as to their enemies due to their inexperience. Firing a volley of bullets won't help if you shoot a friend while trying to hit the enemy. Since they're novices, a 9 mill pistol at least minimizes the harm they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
        Perhaps, but automatic weapons are only as good as the people firing them. Nothing in the show thus far has indicated that either has weapon training, and because of the close quarters, they'd be as dangerous to their friends as to their enemies due to their inexperience. Firing a volley of bullets won't help if you shoot a friend while trying to hit the enemy. Since they're novices, a 9 mill pistol at least minimizes the harm they can do.
        Well, there's never been any specific mention of any of the civilian characters from either show having weapons training (well, possibly Daniel at the beginning) but hey, there they are, using guns. I don't think Daniel ever used a P90 before Enemies, but there he is blasting Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          Well, there's never been any specific mention of any of the civilian characters from either show having weapons training (well, possibly Daniel at the beginning) but hey, there they are, using guns. I don't think Daniel ever used a P90 before Enemies, but there he is blasting Replicators.
          Actually, in Unnatural Selection, you see Jack training Jonus on how to load an unload a P90 repeatedly until he gets it right.

Comment

I think it's sweet that Keller took extra time with her hair and makeup for the big fight though.
            *snort*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

A gun isn't some WMD that takes degree of physics to handle. You learn to shoot in a single day and from that point it's only a matter of polishing your marksman's skills. Wraith is a big target and in a close quarter fight it doesn't take unnatural aiming skills to hit one.

There's nothing illogical about Keller, McKay etc wielding a gun.
              Last edited by PeteJ; 29 August 2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                A gun isn't some WMD that takes degree of physics to handle. You learn to shoot in a single day and from that point it's only a matter of polishing your marksman's skills. Wraith is a big target and in a close quarter fight it doesn't take unnatural aiming skills to hit one.

There's nothing illogical to see Keller, McKay etc wielding a gun.
                Except the fact that Keller tends to fall apart in stressful situations.

Let me guess. She'll cower, she'll run, she'll cry, and in the end she'll pull herself together long enough to save the day when everyone else is incapacitated. Missing on a ship.

I think Ronon and Woolsey should just abandon Keller before she endangers them, let her fend for herself, and spare themselves (and us) all the screaming and wailing.

Comment

You mean like the screaming and wailing that's going on in here before you even give it a chance? And anyway, most of the people that dislike her are likely to say how inconsistent she is even if she does well with the gun.

How many of you would be complaining if it was Beckett and not Jennifer?
                  sigpic

Comment

I was referring to the fact that everyone thinks it's some sort of a blasphemy to see a civilian wielding a gun. The ''she won't hit anything'' is garbage.

Let me guess. She'll cower, she'll run, she'll cry, and in the end she'll pull herself together long enough to save the day when everyone else is incapacitated. Missing on a ship.
                    We'll see.

I think Ronon and Woolsey should just abandon Keller before she endangers them, let her fend for herself, and spare themselves (and us) all the screaming and wailing.
                    How is Woolsey any better with a gun? Guy was afraid of going through a wormhole back in the days and now he's John Rambo?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                      You mean like the screaming and wailing that's going on in here before you even give it a chance? And anyway, most of the people that dislike her are likely to say how inconsistent she is even if she does well with the gun.

How many of you would be complaining if it was Beckett and not Jennifer?
                      You can hear screaming and wailing? I'm typing on a computer keyboard and reading a monitor screen. What kind of magical device are you using?

Most people that dislike her already find her a wildly inconsistent character. No need to throw in a P-90 to establish that. It would, however, add fuel to the fire.

I wonder if it swings the other way. Because you love the character, will all inconsistencies be overlooked.? Would you be defending Beckett?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        I was referring to the fact that everyone thinks it's some sort of a blasphemy to see a civilian wielding a gun. The ''she won't hit anything'' is garbage.
                        I haven't noticed a general outcry against civilians with guns. When did this happen? Although, complaining about civilians with no training handling guns makes sense to me.

We'll see.
                        Yes we will. Unfortunately.

How is Woolsey any better with a gun? Guy was afraid of going through a wormhole back in the days and now he's John Rambo?
                        How do you expect him to be able to handle a gun? No one remembered to give him a sexy leather jacket.

Comment

I haven't noticed a general outcry against civilians with guns. When did this happen?
                          Obviously you haven't read everything written on this thread.

Although, complaining about civilians with no training handling guns makes sense to me.
                          The Atlantis Expedition is at war, so civilians having basic skills of firearms makes perfect sense to me.

Yes we will. Unfortunately.
                          I forgot that you are relative of TBTB. My bad.

How do you expect him to be able to handle a gun?
                          Read my other posts.

Comment

A year ago! do you have any idea how much people can change in a year without being exposed to the kind of things she would of been exposed to on Atlantis?

And please learn to use the multi quote function and not double post... its not big and its not clever
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I really don't understand the big deal about the pic. JS in leather holding a prop (least correctly) on a set.

RP standing next to her, holding a prop correctly as well. He's dressed in a ridicules costume but would probably look worse in leather...but oh so good in a suit. Matter he could pass as a MIB in a suit with that prop.

JS looks like just leaned the lead in the next terminator flic. LOL.

It still all boils down to...two actors on a set holding props.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
                                Keller with--or without--a gun is hot. Woolsey with a gun is frightening.

Although I do agree that everybody on Atlantis probably receives basic weapons training. It makes sense.

My thoughts exactly

i agree as well that everyone must have basic fire arms
                                training in order to go to Atlantis ....... Even woolsey ..

EDIT: Wow this thread is quite oppinionated and
                                i think i'll leave now..... -Slowly backs out of thread-
                                Last edited by GSRgategirl923; 29 August 2008, 02:57 PM.
                                sigpic
                                sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X