This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Ah, so if Keller is doing good things, we praise anyone BUT Keller, but if she does bad things, we bash no one EXCEPT Keller. Like that very, very, very strange comment about her having had her make up put on and her hair done before firing a gun, and that being bad.

That makes sense.
    Thank you finally someone who makes sense .. i know i said i was leaving but i decided to come back if your going to bash her when she does something wrong fine, but when she does something right give her the credit! You guys are sitting here talking about double standards meanwhile your sitting here doing Exactly that !!! You guys are very Hypocritical.
    sigpic
    sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSRgategirl923 View Post
      Thank you finally someone who makes sense .. i know i said i was leaving but i decided to come back if your going to bash her when she does something wrong fine, but when she does something right give her the credit! You guys are sitting here talking about double standards meanwhile your sitting here doing Exactly that !!! You guys are very Hypocritical.
      You obviously skipped my reply altogether.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
        ^ I don't know what you mean. It's totally in character for Beckett to hold the gun like that. He's a doctor after all, not a wannabe terminator
        No one's trying to say that it's out of character, it's just that if a promo pic of Keller holding a gun like that surfaced the Beckett fans would be all over it...

Comment

if your going to bash her when she does something wrong fine, but when she does something right give her the credit!

You guys are sitting here talking about double standards meanwhile your sitting here doing Exactly that !!! You guys are very Hypocritical.
          It's funny how considering Keller with a P90 as 'hot' is objectifying the character and yet I remember a comment about the all female team in 'Whispers' being called 'Stargate Barbie'.

I don't think Keller looks 'hot' in a disrespectful way, JS is a beautiful actress and seeing her character with a P90 is great and shows Keller is getting some more positive development in season 5... If Teyla and Ronon can learn new skills why not Keller?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post

It's funny how considering Keller with a P90 as 'hot' is objectifying the character and yet I remember a comment about the all female team in 'Whispers' being called 'Stargate Barbie'.

I don't think Keller looks 'hot' in a disrespectful way, JS is a beautiful actress and seeing her character with a P90 is great and shows Keller is getting some more positive development in season 5... If Teyla and Ronon can learn new skills why not Keller?
            Exactly. I admit, I'm not particularly looking forward to Whispers...mostly because I don't enjoy one of the actresses...but I'm certainly not going to call her or any of the others a 'Barbie' or a whore because I don't enjoy her or her character, or because she almost kisses a male character and indulges in a bit of friendly flirting with another one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              » While I do find the men and women of Atlantis insanely attractive, I don't just objectify them as such and it's known I don't. Maybe 'cause "hot" does not just mean "hot" to me -- personality makes one hot too. It can be hard to distinguish, though, and I think that comes into play here and personally to me I think gender plays a role. Dare I say I'm "used" to sexual objectification of women by men simply because they have nice boobs, a nice body and are in tight leather. It's stereotyping, I know, but men are more likely to do that than women from my own cultural experience. Not rooted in scientific fact, but again, just from my own perception and experience of things.
              Sounds like semantics to me. Ok, you don't like "hot"; what do you want us to say? Beautiful? Attractive? Pretty? Cute? ****able?

Why is it automatically "objectifying" if we said that we liked how she looked? Why do we have to go into a spiel about her personality if we just want to compliment her looks at this point in time? Hey, we can talk about that later, but right now, we just want to say that she's pretty hot with a gun.

I don't understand. We find her hot, attractive, beautiful, etc. etc. Do we then have to write an essay about how her personality is also hot, attractive, beautiful, etc. etc.? Why do we have to do that?

And why are we guys the only ones who have to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                Exactly. I admit, I'm not particularly looking forward to Whispers...mostly because I don't enjoy one of the actresses...
                Nicole De Boer I know is a good actress from DS9, Leela Savasta looked quite professional in 'S&R' and I expect Janina Gavankar and Christina Cox will equally do a great job in the ep.

but I'm certainly not going to call her or any of the others a 'Barbie' or a whore because I don't enjoy her or her character, or because she almost kisses a male character and indulges in a bit of friendly flirting with another one.
                Yup, IMO that is degrading and 'objectifying' the character.

Comment

Dr. Keller with a P90 would be hot, but I don't think the character would feel right with one. I could see a hand gun, it's just that she's so nice and everything, just doesn't fit. Still, hot!!!!

CLICK MY DRAGONS AND HELP THEM GROW UP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!)
                  Or click here: http://dragcave.net/user/Meganone06
                  These are my friend and neighbors babies, she is new so please be nice to her!

This is her scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/SmokeyRose

Comment

Yeah, it makes me feel like some people think that if you flirt with anyone at all, you're a whore. As I've said before about this subject, if that's true, then I'm one of the biggest whores out there, because I'm a huge flirt.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meganone06 View Post
                      Dr. Keller with a P90 would be hot, but I don't think the character would feel right with one. I could see a hand gun, it's just that she's so nice and everything, just doesn't fit. Still, hot!!!!
                      Carson was a nice person, yet he wasn't holding a small handgun in Runner. Personally I'd be very surprised if people sent on an expedition to another galaxy weren't given basic instruction in the use of firearms. Though then, McKay was certainly used for gun humor far too often for this to be believable...

Comment

Yeah, it makes me feel like some people think that if you flirt with anyone at all, you're a whore. As I've said before about this subject, if that's true, then I'm one of the biggest whores out there, because I'm a huge flirt.
                        Notice that nobody ever said that McKay or Weir was a whore.

Also, if flirting made one a whore then the only pairings in existence would be prearranged.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Sounds like semantics to me. Ok, you don't like "hot"; what do you want us to say? Beautiful? Attractive? Pretty? Cute? ****able?

Why is it automatically "objectifying" if we said that we liked how she looked? Why do we have to go into a spiel about her personality if we just want to compliment her looks at this point in time? Hey, we can talk about that later, but right now, we just want to say that she's pretty hot with a gun.

I don't understand. We find her hot, attractive, beautiful, etc. etc. Do we then have to write an essay about how her personality is also hot, attractive, beautiful, etc. etc.? Why do we have to do that?

And why are we guys the only ones who have to do that?
                          You have just been the champion of reason in this thread.

Comment

Yeah, it makes me feel like some people think that if you flirt with anyone at all, you're a whore.
                            I know what you mean, there's nothing wrong with flirting.

As I've said before about this subject, if that's true, then I'm one of the biggest whores out there, because I'm a huge flirt.
                            LOL same here.

Comment

Somebody teach me to multi-quote, please.

And exactly, Infinatus. Weir's much worse than Keller, like someone else said on here before. She...-gasp-...actually dared to kiss someone in an episode, and to have a boyfriend before she came to the expedition!

Fenrir, we should form a club. Fight for the Right to Flirt. (Totally kidding.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                                Also, if flirting made one a whore then the only pairings in existence would be prearranged.

Somebody teach me to multi-quote, please.
                                It's the ["+] button next to [quote] at the bottom of someone's post you click that for all the posts you want to multi-quote then click [quote] on the last one or at the bottom of the page.

Fenrir, we should form a club. Fight for the Right to Flirt. (Totally kidding.)
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X