Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon!!
    Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Susanne, if you have an LJ, check out the community 'wraithsteve', there's someone posting a Shep/Todd fic... Second chapter is up.

Thanks so much for the links!! Those were really great!

Originally posted by susanne View Post
    thanks for the links spikey! i love reading these! and i promised one of my own so here it is. well part of it LOL todd has information, and sheppard has to go alone.

Spoiler:
    The stargate disintegrated and the lone man stood looking around, his sunglasses glinted in the heat and his hair spiked up in a messy unconcerned look, why the hell did that damn wraith want him now? Walking down the steps from the stargate his boots hit soft mossy earth. He strode on trying to work out where the wraith was. Sheppard would be damned if he allowed that thing to sneak up on him. He knew Sam didn’t approve of what was going on here. She was extremely wary when they received a message. It was Todd again. And he definitely didn’t want to just catch up. He was approaching a small forest of trees, the only real shade on this planet, and there standing against a trunk was his old friend looking a little worse for wear since the last time he saw him. Sheppard had enough common sense left to stop short of the wraith and keep a tight hold on his p-90. “What’s this all about?” the wraith looked up apparently not spotting him earlier. Sheppard was right. He did look worse for wear, there were a few new scars added to that clammy green skin but the wraith seemed to have never noticed. “Is that any way to treat an old friend Sheppard?” he gave a dry chuckle and walked forwards, nope still common sense in Sheppard told him to raise his p-90. His hand twitched and the wraith stopped short. “I am unarmed.” His eyebrow raised a fraction; Sheppard highly doubted Todd was unarmed, and he would just love to chop that damn hand off. Feeling a chill despite the almost unbearable heat he remembered the nightmares… the fear, the panic, the life force being ripped out of him, and the chuckle. On nights like that he always went to the mess hall and wrangled a hot chocolate. But now… “I doubt your unarmed.” He waved a vague hand towards the wraiths feeding arm, playing it cool Sheppard, yeah. The wraith looked down and laughed again. “I will not feed on you.” Sheppard squirmed on the spot, any other wraith, any other damn sucker and he would know what to do. But this guy? “Yeah well im not taking any chances.” Smooth Sheppard. Real smooth. The wraith folded its arms and Sheppard began to relax a little. “So what do you want then?” the wraith took a step forwards and another until he was face to face with him. Sheppard stared into those bug like eyes, the tattoo above his right eye, the slightly dirty leather coat, and pressed the p-90 to his chest just to make things clear. “I have some things of use to you. But we shouldn’t stay here.” Shouldn’t stay here? Out in the open? Fat chance. “We stay here.” The wraith moved back a little and Sheppard noted the concern. “You don’t understand. This planet gets extremely hot during midday. You will die if you don’t find somewhere cooler…” Sheppard paused, McKay did say this planet had three suns; you’d be barbecue if you stayed out for longer than an hour or two. “Where did you have in mind?” the wraith smiled, or rather smirked. “There is a cave a mile or two from here, it will provide shelter.” Sheppard prodded him with the p-90, the heat already making his hair sink. “Then lets go.” The wraith nodded and turned around with Sheppard following him. They walked in silence in the small woodland with Sheppard dodging branches left and right. Todd was faster, dodging the branches, leaping over the fallen logs and brushing aside leaves. Sheppard had to jog to keep up with him, half an hour later they rested at the edge of the forest, damn him, that wraith knew this planet would get to him! Sheppard wiped away the sweat on his head and looked to the wraith, he was sitting almost indifferent on a log a few feet away watching him. “You would be a lot faster without the vest—“ Sheppard stopped him mid-sentence. “Forget it. Im not taking it off.” The wraith jumped from the log and walked over to him, had he even heard about personal space? “What?” he blinked up at the wraith, a ring of light from the suns illuminated him, and he looked worried. “Perhaps you need help?” the anger flashed in Sheppard and he jumped to his feet snarling at the wraith “I don’t need it!” The wraith smirked in the knowing way. “I am not so sure Col. Sheppard.” Dammit. He was getting him riled, he could tell but he couldn’t help it. Asking for his help of all things! That would be another favour owed! And he already had a stack of I.O.U’s with Todd’s name on it. “Lets go.” He grabbed his p-90 and put on his sunglasses. The wraith seemed to agree with him and walked ahead but slower, waiting for Sheppard. “So cant you even tell me why im here in the first place?” the wraith brushed aside some vines. “Haven’t I already?” “You told me you had information for me!” The wraith halted for a minute as Sheppard jogged up to him. “Oh yes. Well that’s all you need to know. Until we get to the caves.” They continued on for several minutes before the wraith spoke again. “How is Col. Carter?” Sheppard pondered how to rephrase this without giving away a hell of a lot. This was the wraith that hacked into McKay’s laptop…”she’s fine, she has a team on standby if im not due back later tonight.” The wraith laughed hard pausing against a tree to wheeze. “Later tonight Sheppard? By then I could be half a galaxy away!” ah. The weak point. He had to come up with something quick here. “ Yeah well if they find my dusty dead corpse you’ll be chased all the way there.” The wraith snickered a little and john stopped. He didn’t like the tone. “What’s so funny?” “The fact that you’re so sure I would kill you in a heartbeat Sheppard.” he grunted and ducked low beneath a branch they could see the open plains now and the caves not less than 10 feet away. Thank god. His footsteps increased, already tasting the cool air coming from the small dark cave, Todd seemed just as eager and they made a quick walk to the mouth, the first proper shade since Sheppard had arrived here. He sighed as the darkness and cool air rushed over him but Todd continued walking. “So were at the cave.” He saw the wraith turn around. “A little further in Sheppard, this will not do.” Sheppard frowned. It seemed fine enough. But who knows what could happen here? For all he knew the heat may get rid of this cool spot at the mouth. So against his better judgment he flicked the small light on at the tip of his p-90 and walked on. The cave was huge, and as Todd commented there were others linked to this one. They appeared at different spots around the planet. He found a rock to sit on and the wraith leaned against the wall. The gentle ‘plink, plink’ of dripping water filled his ears for a few moments. “Now can you tell me?” the wraith looked down at him and smiled. “So impatient Sheppard.” “Well the sooner you tell me the sooner I can get back and have a nice refreshing ice water.” The wraith grunted and moved forwards. “The… creature named Michael?” oh. This. Bugger. He hated Michael. Even more than the wraith standing in front of him now. “Yeah we know him.” “I know you had a hand in creating him.” Sheppard was getting uncomfortable. “Yeah well…” is that all he could say? He could say he wanted to blow that sick twisted mind all over the ceiling or that it was for the good of the universe. But all he could say was yeah well? Maybe he had heatstroke….
    *squeeeeeee* Me likes!!! Especially the part with the vest!!! Why didn't he take it off?? Todd did so kindly offer to assist him!!

i already finished it its very interesting. such a shame there isnt a whole lot of todd/shep
    My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
    Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

lol its been so long since i last wrote a fic with shep i just cant seem to stop
      heres another huge bunch of words.
      Spoiler:
      “He is up to something.” Well duh Todd. “You know what?” the wraith seemed to be thinking hard. “Well I have received some intelligence. He has some unusual plans.” Sheppard flashed back to a few months back, stepping thousands of years into the future and learning what would happen if they didn’t get teyla back. “Yes so I know.” The wraith paced the floor of the cool damp cave. “ He is administering the hoffan drug much faster than-“ the sentence stopped and the wraiths head snapped up locking towards the mouth of the cave. He seemed to dismiss the feeling and continued. “The drug is filtering fast. I have tried many ways to slow it down but to make a significant impact I will need Atlantis’ help.” Sheppard nodded. “So you have addresses for us?” “Well yes.” “So why drag me all the way out here huh?” now the wraith squirmed and Sheppard became a tad more suspicious. “Well…” he stood up and closed in on the wraith. “You could have just come to Atlantis like you did before.” The wraith seemed calm but his eyes told another story. Sheppard clicked the safety off just in case. “I wanted to see how you were doing.” Sheppard reeled shocked and took a step back. “You could have done that at Atlantis!” now the wraith couldn’t hide it. Something was passing across his face. “Not privately.” Sheppard gawped at him. So all this was for a… for some…. Private time?! “I cannot believe you would—” something drowned him out, an explosion. The cave shuddered and the small light from the cave mouth disappeared, Todd was already running ahead towards the entrance, as Sheppard caught up he saw Todd staring at the piled debris. The cave roof had fallen in, making that exit impossible. “oh great” he moaned as he leaned against the wall catching his breath. The wraith turned and looked at him. “this way is blocked. I suspect it was a dart.” In the ringing silence of the statement Sheppard remembered a high-pitched whine shortly before they heard the explosion. “this place is suppost to be deserted!” the wraith nodded and moved past him. “we will have to use another exit.” Sheppard sighed. Great more walking. The wraith looked around as he trooped behind him. “it is not that far Sheppard.” Was he going to be shown up by a wraith? This wraith? Hell no. he walked a bit faster catching up to the wraith and walking in silence. Neither knew who was out there, where they were or if they could hear them. Finally after what seemed like ages, they spotted sunlight and cautiously walked towards it. no one came rushing in to kill them… yet. “I do not sense a wraith.” “but you’re quite sure it was a dart?” “yes.” “right.” Sheppard had been through something like this before and he was not eager to repeat the underground genii bunker again. He lost four good men and still failed to kill Michael. They walked into the sunlight and looked around, he heard the wraith groan seeing the smoke pouring from the tree line nearby. “im taking it that, that was the explosion?” the wraith nodded sadly. “that was my dart Sheppard.” A familiar feeling began to creep into his mind and Sheppard ran as fast as he could for the gate, the wraith ran after him and yelled as he caught up. “what’s wrong Sheppard?” he let a string of curses escape his lips and then explained. “got to secure the gate!” The wraith fell back a bit but quickly caught up as Sheppard put more speed into his run, the blood was thumping in his veins, his mind a whirl of terror, he was NOT going to be stuck here with this wraith dammit! They made even better time to the gate but Sheppard suffered for it, it was fast approaching fry time, as he pulled up to the gate his legs felt like jelly and his mind was whirling as he yanked the cover off of the DHD, McKay would have been horrified but he didn’t give a damn, the wraith was watching him as he pushed wires aside and peered into the space searching for the crystal, searching in vain. Because it was already gone. Swearing viciously he kicked the DHD and looked up at the wraith. “he disabled the stargate.” The wraith pushed him aside and stared at the crystals, looking for himself, he hissed and looked at Sheppard. “your team will call later tonight yes?” Sheppard thought back. “early tomorrow more likely” they looked at the DHD and then at the sky. Both wondering the same thing. Had their enemy stayed? Or did he flee? Sheppard felt light headed, too hot, he was tugging at his shirt. He shouldn’t have run so fast, he felt ill, sick. Carefully he sat on the dry grass and leaned against the DHD. He could see Todd watching him, studying him. He really didn’t give a damn if the wraith stared or not right now. “you aren’t well Sheppard.” Panting he nodded, there was no hiding stuff like this from the wraith. “ ill be fine.” He tried to stand up but failed miserably. Okay so the legs weren’t working just right. He gripped the top of the DHD and tried to haul himself up but collapsed backwards. Damn. Arms as well. He saw a shadow looming over him and looked up at Todd. “perhaps I can help you…” great. He was so dead, the thing was going to feed on him! He screwed up his eyes waiting for the pain but instead he felt the wraiths strong arms move behind him, and in a second Todd had scooped him up and was walking ahead, carrying him like a baby. Sheppard groaned vowing to never ever repeat this in the mission report. This was embarrassing. He tried to squirm out of it but Todd held him tightly until the fight left him. “you are too weak Sheppard.” He sighed and loathe as he was to admit it, the gentle rhythmic way Todd walked made him yawn. “its not that I don’t appreciate it, its just… im being carried by a wraith.” He put as much venom in the words that Todd chuckled. “im saving your life Sheppard…again. And you’re complaining?” “well…i…that is to say…” Todd chuckled darkly “if I hadn’t have took it upon myself to save you then you would have been cooked from the inside out by the end of midday.” Sheppard grimaced and his stomach gave a nasty growl. The image wasn’t pretty. “oh now im feeling sick…” Todd laughed again. “ we are almost to the cave. We can rest in the night there.” Sheppard nodded wearily. He didn’t realize how much this place wore down on you. The hike to the cave was bad enough, the heart stopping run back was unbearable. He really shouldn’t have run all the way there.

*bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!* *thunder*
      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

i already finished it its very interesting. such a shame there isnt a whole lot of todd/shep
        I just read yours too... You need to finish it, of course...

Why would Todd meet him on such a planet, and why would Shep follow him into a cave somewhat further off, rather than just have him spit it out, so he can go home and cool down? It's not like these info sessions take up hours...

We'll soon see?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

oh yes. we will
          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Oh it starts to get interesting!!!
            Your story is uber-cute!!!
            My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,

Comment

yep. i think my favourite line would be 'vowing to never ever repeat this in the mission report'
              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Yes! That was funny!!!! And I love the way you portray Todd!! He wanted to have some private time with shep! You just want to cuddle him!!! I can only say: *awwwwww* and some *squeeee*

Comment

yep. i think my favourite line would be 'vowing to never ever repeat this in the mission report'

Anyone good at cutting someone's face and shoulders out of a picture, using GIMP?

I put that on my silly old laptop since I'm on this one more than the big compo upstairs (too cold still, plus screen or something else went boom) and yea... Trying to make a siggy, which is working quite nicely, I hope, but now that I got the Todd part done, and the background, hopefully, I need to cut Ruby's face out of a pic, but I don't know how. I asked and got the instructions for PS, but since that's still a no go (upstairs), it's GIMP, and it doesn't seem to use 'extract'. And is there no other way than dragging a line around the thing using your mouse?

Maybe some day I'll have them rotate, too...

Oh, I should check if Avatars to it!

PS: Don't forget to bump Michael's boards too, on occasion, lol!

Comment

im afriad i have no idea how to use GIMP. i only have PS. but im starting to get the entire fic right in my head now i always seem to get an idea then do something for the middle then tie everything up at the end
                    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

ok heres the last little bittie its got the biggest twist EVER XD

Spoiler:
                      They reached the caves as the three suns aligned along the sky, it was baking hot and even Todd showed signs of fatigue. Way back in the dampness of the cave Todd lowered the sleeping Sheppard onto the ground, he hadn’t expected Sheppard to actually fall asleep in his arms, it was worrying in two ways. The fact he trusted him, and the condition he was in. Todd was starting to worry himself. The tightness had already begun, his cells screaming for nutrients, they screamed for him to drain Sheppard. Sitting down beside the sleeping man he worked through their situation. He had not fed in several days, Sheppard was dehydrated and exhausted, his dart was destroyed and the DHD was disabled plus it was midday. Settling into a comfortable position he watched the man twitch in his sleep, dreaming. They would be rescued by tomorrow morning surely.

When Sheppard woke it was to a blazing fire, the air was chilly but something smelled… edible. He sat up and the wraith looked up at the same time “oh you are awake” Sheppard rubbed his head sleepily trying to make sense of what the hell happened. “you passed out on the way here. Are you feeling better?” he half nodded. “I could be feeling a whole lot worse. How the hell—“ Todd chuckled and passed him some type of soup. “there were a few things salvageable from my dart. And there is water here.” Sheppard noted the rather crude but effective stick, rope and bowl method of cooking. He didn’t entirely trust Todd just yet but drank the soup anyway. It scalded his dry throat on the way down but now his stomach had stopped rioting. The last time he had eaten was lunch the previous day. He knew skipping breakfast and paperwork to muck around with ancienty things in McKay’s lab was a bad idea… “I do not think your friends will be here tomorrow Sheppard.” He looked up from the crude bowl. “well why not?” Todd was clutching some kind of wraith life signs detector. “there seems to be a solar storm coming.” Sheppard dropped his bowl as the words ‘solar flare’ triggered the memory of the whale’s ghostly echoes and the deadalus fighting off the huge onslaught by their own sun. “oh …****” the wraith seemed not to have noticed. “the stargate may not be able to connect. We may be here longer than expected.” Sheppard groaned and shook his head. This was all he needed. Another damn whale incident as well as the underground one. “our little friend has not appeared since cutting us off.” Sheppard looked up. Michael hasn’t attacked yet? Okay lets put that under odd. They were stuck on planet, not going to be rescued for more than a day and he doesn’t do anything? He spared a glance at the wraith, he certainly looked distracted.

Todd stared unseeing at the life signs detector, this was all he needed, and it would be an extra 5 hours or more before that storm cleared well enough for the wormholes to connect. His hive had no idea he was here, they would kill him on sight if they learned he was passing information to lantians. This was a bad idea. He knew it. if he had gone to Atlantis… well they would have poked and prodded him. He was not going back into a cell again. And this way he got to talk to Sheppard alone. It had all been so simple when he had thought up this plan. Pass some information away from the hive, away from Atlantis and hopefully get a few hours alone to… to check everything was alright. But from the way the man looked now… had he even been caring for himself at all? He saw Sheppard look up at him and raised his head. “yes?” the man looked away. “nothing.” Todd sighed, this was getting too uncomfortable.

Sheppard saw Todd look up at him for the first time, he had been staring for over 5 minutes. “yes?” he looked away just a tad… embarrassed “nothing.” He replied. Ok now this was getting dumb. Incredibly dumb. He’d followed the wraith all the way out here to this stupid planet. With its boiling hot days and now they were cut off from Atlantis for god knows how long. Damn wraith. He risked a glance at the wraith again, he was staring at that little wraith life signs detector. A strange and ominous thought crept into his mind, maybe it was the heat, and maybe it was the tiredness but maybe… Todd way somehow involved. A thought all of its own began to form, he had lured him here and made an excuse to be tuck in this cave with him! He bet HE disabled the DHD and blew up his own dart! Maybe Michael was involved, or they were working together! Or maybe…a small voice in his head piped up, you’ve just cracked.

Todd heard the muttering and looked up, what the hell was Sheppard doing? He was talking to himself. The wraith stared at the sight until Sheppard looked up at him in a not so friendly way. “what’s the matter now?” the man stood up and Todd did also “you lured me here didn’t you?” he frowned trying to work out what Sheppard meant. “I asked you to come… yes.” The man was shaking now searching for his weapons, thank god Todd had the sense to remove them. “are you working with Michael?!” now that threw him. He stared at Sheppard screaming at him. “WHATS YOUR PLAN?” “Sheppard I am not working with that creature I asked you here to-“ “YOU COULD HAVE COME TO ATLANTIS!!!” “I did not want to GO!” Sheppard was getting riled up now. Delusional. “WHY? WHY DIDN’T YOU?” “BECAUSE IT INVOLVES ONLY US!” Sheppard stopped, breathing heavily. “what?” Todd sighed and tugged a little on his beard. “the truth is Sheppard I like seeing you. I agree to help Atlantis because I help you! I arranged for this meeting to see you!” at the sound of arranged things started to make sense. “wait a minute… the DHD… the dart…..” Todd nodded just a little embarrassed. But Sheppard continued “the solar flare too?!” Todd shrugged “an added bonus.” Sheppard stood in shock staring at Todd, the wraith stared back. He always knew Sheppard would catch on in the end, there is no absolute way all these ‘coincidences’ would go unnoticed to his soldier brain. He was however a bit shocked when Sheppard burst out laughing. “so…so that explosion, and the whine…” Todd rolled his eyes as Sheppard held himself up by the wall. “I purposely blew it up. I really hope you’re happy.” Sheppard continued to howl in laughter. He wasn’t in mortal danger after all! This was all Todd and he went through all this trouble to make sure he got stuck here! Sheppard was still laughing to himself when his mind caught up with him. “wait… why the HELL did you do that?!” he stared at Todd as the wraith approached. And he was grinning. Sheppard felt the laughter bubble in his stomach and it was turning to something along the lines of horror. “well Sheppard that’s the thing. I said I wanted private time alone with you.” Sheppard took a step back and immediately hit the cool slightly damn walls. “well yeah but…” the wraith closed in further, still smirking. he could feel his breath on his skin as he got closer and tried to distract him. “so is that why you said we needed to shelter in the caves?” the wraith stopped just in front of him. “ yes Sheppard it is. I needed to get you away from the stargate. And into here” he leaned in further and Sheppard was verging on terrified. It wasn’t because the wraith had trapped him here, it wasn’t because he was closing in with a look of intent….. it was that little part of john that said ‘you feel the same way.’ And then, the gap was gone.

Mission report of major Evan Lorne:

We found Col. Sheppard about a mile inland sheltering in a cave. At the time of discovery he was asleep but woke quickly when he heard us. We searched most of the planet and verified the wraith had fled. Col. Sheppard refused to talk about his experience with me or any of my crew and seeing there was no further action we could take we returned through the stargate where he was handed over to doctor Keller and her team. However he did tell me that the wraith would probably be on the other side of the galaxy by now.

sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

What a twist it was!!!
                        Todd is the most squeezable wraith ever!!!! *huggles him* He likes Shep soooo much!!!

Comment

hehe todd is sneaky isnt he? imglad you liked the twist
                          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Silly Todd... *g*

Spoiler:

Who, me?

Comment

Silly Todd... *g*

Spoiler:

Who, me?

yes youu!!!

todd would make a fantastic poker player you wouldnt be able to tell if he's bluffing
                              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Anyone good at cutting someone's face and shoulders out of a picture, using GIMP?
                                I tried for some time but I gave up...

Another sweet Toddy...

Icarium

Comment

Working...
                                X