Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone else have issues with sheppards hair?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Good idea. It did look a little sleeker in Outcast, I agree.
    I think it was gently mourning too..though I swear a teeny clump at the crown perked up by the end !

Originally posted by Linzi
    Caty!

"These are not the mildly negative remarks you are looking for "

Is it working?
    LOL ! Nope..hang on a mo' .
    *Fiddles with batteries on Star Wars 101 controller*

Try again now !

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
    *trying to contain hysterical laughter at thread title*

Whew. Okay.

Short answer: yes.

Sometimes I get so distracted by his hair that I don't actually listen to what he's saying. I figure that's why I can never remember more than basic plot details, because the hair is just too loud. I always find myself thinking, "doesn't it take effort to make his hair that messy? And a lot of hair gel?" Then I just want to yell at him to cut it already. It kind of looks like there's been a tornado on his head.
    I hear that the hair product used on Shep is titanium-reinforced and superglue enhanced .Yet it still fails at critical moments .

ROTFL at "tornado on his head".

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
    Is that copyrighted or trademarked "The Hair"?
    Definitely needs a Patent or copyright .Also a curfew,or a leash .I swear teh hair goes it's own sweet way .

Originally posted by caty View Post
    Oh, it's "Teh Hair"... and that's a great idea!!
    ROTFL ! I think Kliggy has started something here .So..is the US Patents Office ready for the onslaught of applications to preserve Teh Hair ?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Aren't there rules for dealing with Teh Hair (c) on either the Thunk or Whump thread?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Aren't there rules for dealing with Teh Hair (c) on either the Thunk or Whump thread?
        yes! starting with DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

don't mess with the hair
          don't cut teh hair
          don't dye teh hair!
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

i like the hair , but once i would like to see him wear his air-force hat with it and if he could just wear any hat would be nice too
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I love the hair, and even I want to trim it sometimes. Let's hope none of my fellow thunkers have seen my post, or my hair will be getting a rather severe trim!
              I can't agree with that idea. As of right now I find his hair distracting.

If JF happens to cut his hair, I'll find it even more distracting because I'll be picturing the way it was and comparing it to the way it is and how that may affect his personality through his overall look.** Then I'll run on into all the pop psychological affects it could have on him and/or on me and at that point I don't need stress when watching SGA.

In any event, I would be on the anti band wagon for a hair cut even though I wouldn't mind getting some super gel that they sell at that 99 cents store and pooring it on---or maybe some Aphogee Deep Conditioner, that think makes your hair turn to stone.

A disruption of his hair at this point would result in basically messing with my homeostasis.

** This is already going to be the case with Ronon's hair, I'd rather not have Shep in the same boat.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                I hear that the hair product used on Shep is titanium-reinforced and superglue enhanced .Yet it still fails at critical moments .
                Oh! That explains everything.

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                i like the hair , but once i would like to see him wear his air-force hat with it and if he could just wear any hat would be nice too
                I don't think he can wear a hat. The spiky hair would get in the way and make any hat hover several inches above his head, kind of like a halo. Would that make him the guardian angel of...bad hairstylists?
                Or maybe the titanium-reinforced spikes would simply punch holes in the hat.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I love the hair, and even I want to trim it sometimes. Let's hope none of my fellow thunkers have seen my post, or my hair will be getting a rather severe trim!
                  Linzi *lower lip quivers* How could you???? *sniff* You need a reminder from Listy!!!

I personally like but it is not very military. I really can't see a pilot being allowed to get away with it, even ones that have black marks on their record. Hubby is ex military and had gone through flight school. It seems as if they were extra strict with pilots. Could be the strong individual personalities involved.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Linzi *lower lip quivers* How could you???? *sniff* You need a reminder from Listy!!!

I personally like but it is not very military. I really can't see a pilot being allowed to get away with it, even ones that have black marks on their record. Hubby is ex military and had gone through flight school. It seems as if they were extra strict with pilots. Could be the strong individual personalities involved.
                    MENTAL GREEN!!! Thanks for posting the rules Pocus!
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

Oh, don't tell Listy! She'll thwack me about the head!

I agree about the cut not being within military regs, and I'm ok with that mostly. Teh HairTM is sacred. But, every now and then I feel the urge to trim just the very wild top of Shep's head. Just a few mm's off the top, that's all. Am I a bad thunker now?

Someone posted earlier about covering Teh HairTM with a cap! Sorry, I can't remember who it was, , but No way. It mustn't be covered!. Well unless it's with bandages...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                        Oh! That explains everything.

I don't think he can wear a hat. The spiky hair would get in the way and make any hat hover several inches above his head, kind of like a halo. Would that make him the guardian angel of...bad hairstylists?
                        Or maybe the titanium-reinforced spikes would simply punch holes in the hat.
                        or maybe he get some sort of special hat that goes on his head , but molds to his hair, or maybe he has special regulations to not wear a hat
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                          or maybe he get some sort of special hat that goes on his head , but molds to his hair, or maybe he has special regulations to not wear a hat
                          Lol! TPTB say "Yes, Sheppard, you don't have to wear a hat just so that your hair stays so pretty."

Lol. But I would like to see him with his dress hat on - we never saw Jack in his uniform sans hat, so I don't know why we can't see Shepp with his hat.
                          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                            Lol! TPTB say "Yes, Sheppard, you don't have to wear a hat just so that your hair stays so pretty."

Lol. But I would like to see him with his dress hat on - we never saw Jack in his uniform sans hat, so I don't know why we can't see Shepp with his hat.
                            I bet Joe has a clause in his contract that guarantees him that he never has to wear a hat or do other spiteful things to Teh Hair...
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                              I bet Joe has a clause in his contract that guarantees him that he never has to wear a hat or do other spiteful things to Teh Hair...
                              That may actually be true. I know that David Krumholtz of Numb3rs is not allowed to do anything with his hair without getting permission from the show's top dogs because the viewers adore his dark curls. And seeing as how JF's hair is more or less naturally like that and the show runners and hair stylists allow him on camera like that, I'm sure there's a very good reason.

And I personally like it. No, its not too realistic in terms of being a pilot, but this is Stargate Atlantis we're talking about here, and so certain liberties can be taken, I would say.

Though, I understand all of your points. I personally find it hard to concentrate on what's going on when Shep's on screen, though I'm not entirely sure that's only because of Teh Hair...

But no.. I definitely do not hate the hair. It's Joe. *shrug*
                              sigpic

Comment

I would not change one hair on JF's head. His hair is part of what makes him so......Joe.

I was wondering why the people over at "WMC" changed his hair style though. Perhaps they wanted his character to not resemble Shep so much? Whatever they tried, it looked like his hair has a mind of its own. I saw flashes of Teh Hair I know and love.

IHS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X