Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
    Shore Leave is actually how I started to work my way into fandom. It's really a lovely con to start learning how fandom works. And no one judges you for not knowing other things. You'll find people are quite enthusiastic about catching you up.

As with anything, there are degrees. I suspect you'll actually like the fandom on the West Coast much better. I don't know why, it's just a different energy.

I have friends who do the costume/skit thing (and probably know the people in your area of whom you speak, actually). But they know I'm there for other aspects, instead. I'll just wander off on my own to enjoy the things I like (i.e., listening to the actor and crew panels) while they go just a little nuts.

As far as "coming out?" It's a process. I have a friend who is a partner in a major DC law firm. First, she hid it from her husband by hiding Star Wars novels in her underwear drawer. He found out when she was sick and he was helping by doing the laundry. Second, she tried to hide it from her law practice, for understandable reasons, until she was arranging something for our online club with Lucasfilm and someone called at the office for her. Since her firm specializes in food and pharmaceuticals, it was out of the ordinary. She was soon "outed" there.

Now she says that people appreciate her for being so passionate about it, but not being a nut-case. And fandom needs more "normal" people to balance out the image!

As for the ongoing stress that the Stargate producers keep foisting on us? I'll be curious to see whether it was a good or bad idea to just stress everyone out with everything all at once? Or if it would have been better to just keep hitting us with the changes.

I actually came out of David's interview much more positive about Paul's chances of coming back to the show. I'm going to try to keep thinking the good thoughts and, in the interim, let Paulie rip my heart out when I finally get to see the show. ::cursing sciffy::
    Thanks, I feel much better.

I too feel better after DHs interview and the little blub from Joe Flannagin, but am still concerned over all. I probably won't get a chance to watch Sunday tonight, I'll most likely see it tomorrow, but I am prepared to weep my eyes out. I have a feeling that it'll be extremely emotional....(as if losing him wasn't emotional enough).

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
      Time... umm... Not sure? I live in the EDT time zone (Eastern Daylight) and I believe it airs at 11pm here, so that would be in approximately 7.5 hours?
      So that means I'll be all tucked up in bed when it happens.

Great.

Comment

can someone post and let me know when it's 12am, Tuesday where the episode aired? Wake and all....

I'm already in Tuesday...*looks around shiftily*

And no one minds caps appearing during the "first day"? That's if "Sunday" airs...if it doesn't I don't think I'll be able to make caps. *sigh* So be aware, the wake may start in a few hours or it might start in a few hours + 7 days

Comment

I can't remember what time it airs in Vancouver (8, 9, 10, whatever) but we are somewhere in the 8 hour mark until air time.

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Well all I can say is that we'll probably get in Feb around about Joseph time where I'll definitely miss it.

Caz, if you have caps then you can PM me them.

Comment

ahem, just in case "Sunday" does air in 8 or so hours, a reposting of the wake timetable...

Spoiler:

Comment

Dearest fellow thunkers!

Today I am celebrating my 100th post, okay nothing special for most of you guys but I'm, well, kind of proud I got so far. Of course I'd never been able to get there so soon without you! So, this is not only on the occasion of my celebration but also a huge THANK YOU, I really enjoy my stay in this very thread. Keeping that in mind, it was never a question where I was going to post my special 100th contribution in the GW forum.

As a gift for you I took a picture of my twin and me having CarsonHair (an idea, which came up as a support for Beckett in the Save Carson thread, kind of wanted to shock TPTB with our hairdo).

Afterwards comes a nice pic of Paul McGillion, which I happen to like quite much. I think it's from the London con last November but I'm not entirely sure because I just shamelessly took it from imdb. I especially loved the fact that Paul McGillion wore the jackett from season one, yet it was obviously not his, as can be seen in the colours.

Sit back and enjoy... (spoilers tags only for size)
                Spoiler:

me:

my twin:

I deem this one needs no comment:

I am so exited and anxious about tonight with 'Sunday', the one episode I feared and anticipated the most, airing that I could hardly sleep the past two nights.
                I don't believe I'll be able to catch a minute of sleep before I've read the first spoilers for the ep some time tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I have to go to work afterwards. I'm pretty sure I'll be very depressed at work.

Nevertheless, I have a certain feeling that the save Carson campaign is going to be successful. I simply must get him back full-time! (How else are we supposed to keep the thunk and Rockett threads running?!

Please PTB, have mercy! Give us Carson/Paul back as a regular!!!
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

It looks like I may have to wear my black blazer tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                    *THUNK!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
                      hahaha whenever i hear star trek its ' janet..paul got a gig on the star trek'!!:
                      Did he?????

Just kidding

Comment

My favorite song that I feel is totally Beckett is called "Water Night". It's actually choir music, and my own choir even sang it one semester (although didn't get to perform it at a concert). It's really slow and dramatic. I'll post the words, if anybody cares. I just think it's just so... Beckett. Or Paul. I'm tempted to make a vid with it myself, but I haven't really used movie-maker before. If you like choir music and want to hear the song, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
                        Spoiler:
                        Night with the eyes of a horse that trembles in the night

Night with eyes of water
                        In the fields asleep, is in your eyes
                        A horse that trembles
                        Is in your eyes of secret waters.

Eyes of shadow-water,
                        Eyes of well-water,
                        Eyes of dream-water.

Silence and Solitude,
                        Two little animals moon-led
                        Drink in your eyes,
                        Drink in those waters

If you open your eyes,
                        Night opens doors of musk
                        The secret kingdom of night opens
                        Flowing from the center of the night.

And if you close your eyes,
                        A river,
                        A silent and beautiful current
                        Fills you from within
                        Flows forward,
                        Darkens you.

Night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul.
                        Beautiful.... Do you know Loreena McKennitt? She's a Scottish singer as far as I know. She had a beautiful song in Highlander 4.... That souits Paul as well

Comment

Carson's finale is supposed to be in Sunday, which is supposedly going to air tonight. But the season finale is going to be in two more eps, so three weeks?
                          On IMDB, Paul is credited for 318 Submersion as well. Probably that ep will be his final...

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                            On IMDB, Paul is credited for 318 Submersion as well. Probably that ep will be his final...
                            I'm confused. Though... maybe someone's having illusions again in "Submersion", so that would explain him being in the cast.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                              I'm confused. Though... maybe someone's having illusions again in "Submersion", so that would explain him being in the cast.
                              I donno. We have to wait and see.....

Comment

Maybe there's going to be a flashback scene, or maybe he ascends and comes back to one of the characters in their time of need...

Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                                X