Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
    pointy sideburns... I love 'em. *wonders what made Paul choose that*
    Those are the 'Trek sideburns. Every Starfleet officer in the Star Trek universe had pointy sideburns just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
      Its not really about the cost (Shore Leave is practically down the street anyways) its more that for years I never watched any sci fi (now its pretty much stargate anyways) and I had friends who were wicked into it. Costumes, skits, the WORKS (I have some hilarious stories of it all) and it kinds freaked me out since THEY were so over the top. .... Please don't judge me, I'm still learning to come out of the closet per say with my love of this stuff
      Shore Leave is actually how I started to work my way into fandom. It's really a lovely con to start learning how fandom works. And no one judges you for not knowing other things. You'll find people are quite enthusiastic about catching you up.

As with anything, there are degrees. I suspect you'll actually like the fandom on the West Coast much better. I don't know why, it's just a different energy.

I have friends who do the costume/skit thing (and probably know the people in your area of whom you speak, actually). But they know I'm there for other aspects, instead. I'll just wander off on my own to enjoy the things I like (i.e., listening to the actor and crew panels) while they go just a little nuts.

As far as "coming out?" It's a process. I have a friend who is a partner in a major DC law firm. First, she hid it from her husband by hiding Star Wars novels in her underwear drawer. He found out when she was sick and he was helping by doing the laundry. Second, she tried to hide it from her law practice, for understandable reasons, until she was arranging something for our online club with Lucasfilm and someone called at the office for her. Since her firm specializes in food and pharmaceuticals, it was out of the ordinary. She was soon "outed" there.

Now she says that people appreciate her for being so passionate about it, but not being a nut-case. And fandom needs more "normal" people to balance out the image!

As for the ongoing stress that the Stargate producers keep foisting on us? I'll be curious to see whether it was a good or bad idea to just stress everyone out with everything all at once? Or if it would have been better to just keep hitting us with the changes.

I actually came out of David's interview much more positive about Paul's chances of coming back to the show. I'm going to try to keep thinking the good thoughts and, in the interim, let Paulie rip my heart out when I finally get to see the show. ::cursing sciffy::

Comment

hahaha whenever i hear star trek its ' janet..paul got a gig on the star trek'!!:
        Last edited by teknikal; 15 January 2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

ohh I crack up every time I think about that story poor Paul.

Comment

ITS A GREAT STORY!!
            the vids on youtube when Paul was talking about the joke he played on rachel luttrell..that had me in stitches

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
              ITS A GREAT STORY!!
              the vids on youtube when Paul was talking about the joke he played on rachel luttrell..that had me in stitches
              Every time I hear someone say that they were "in stitches" laughing at something, I keep thinking about that undead ogre that roams Duskwood in World of Warcraft. The ogre's name is "Stitches", and it's a super-elite level 35 undead monster that usually manages to whallop level 25 travelers just minding their own business on the road. (OT, I know... but I can't help it today. Need distraction for the rest of the day, or else I'm sure that I'll start suffering panic attacks.)

Comment

ive been listening to a song now that i feel is very right for the occasion..wellthe chorus at leats..the music is great..im gonna try to make a vid for it..if WMM behaves..its called 'how to save a life'-the fray

Comment

My favorite song that I feel is totally Beckett is called "Water Night". It's actually choir music, and my own choir even sang it one semester (although didn't get to perform it at a concert). It's really slow and dramatic. I'll post the words, if anybody cares. I just think it's just so... Beckett. Or Paul. I'm tempted to make a vid with it myself, but I haven't really used movie-maker before. If you like choir music and want to hear the song, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
                  Spoiler:
                  Night with the eyes of a horse that trembles in the night

Night with eyes of water
                  In the fields asleep, is in your eyes
                  A horse that trembles
                  Is in your eyes of secret waters.

Eyes of shadow-water,
                  Eyes of well-water,
                  Eyes of dream-water.

Silence and Solitude,
                  Two little animals moon-led
                  Drink in your eyes,
                  Drink in those waters

If you open your eyes,
                  Night opens doors of musk
                  The secret kingdom of night opens
                  Flowing from the center of the night.

And if you close your eyes,
                  A river,
                  A silent and beautiful current
                  Fills you from within
                  Flows forward,
                  Darkens you.

Night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul.

Comment

Ive been trying to make a vid and WMM is letting me...sorta
                    Spoiler:
                    (i tried to get clips of eps from youtube..but they would edit properly)
                    so all i have are season 3 eps that i saved on my hdd player recorder...sigh...
                    well *steps off soapbox*..thats me venting..on a very vent-worthy day!

Comment

I think I'm going to do a tribute vid for SaveCarson the campaign to James Blunts 'Cry' here are the lyrics:
                      "I have seen peace. I have seen pain,
                      Resting on the shoulders of your name.
                      Do you see the truth through all their lies?
                      Do you see the world through troubled eyes?
                      And if you want to talk about it anymore,
                      Lie here on the floor and cry on my shoulder,
                      I'm a friend.

I have seen birth. I have seen death.
                      Lived to see a lover's final breath.
                      Do you see my guilt? Should I feel fright?
                      Is the fire of hesitation burning bright?
                      And if you want to talk about it once again,
                      On you I depend. I'll cry on your shoulder.
                      You're a friend.

You and I have been through many things.
                      I'll hold on to your heart.
                      I wouldn't cry for anything,
                      But don't go tearing your life apart.

I have seen fear. I have seen faith.
                      Seen the look of anger on your face.
                      And if you want to talk about what will be,
                      Come and sit with me, and cry on my shoulder,
                      I'm a friend.
                      And if you want to talk about it anymore,
                      Lie here on the floor and cry on my shoulder,
                      I'm a friend."

Comment

Is it supposed to be depressing when you come here? *tries to remember happier times*
                        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

May I ask when his big finale is actually happening so that I can prepare myself???

You want a nice friendly sad song???

I know you're here beside me
                          With every breath I take
                          When night time creeps into morning
                          And the Sun just begins to break

I know you're with me
                          I know you're with me!!!

I feel the smile on your face
                          Your warm embrace
                          I know you are here with me
                          Here with me!!!

x2 The whole song.

Sang that about 7 years ago at the Y6 leavers assembly. It made everyone cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                            May I ask when his big finale is actually happening so that I can prepare myself???
                            Carson's finale is supposed to be in Sunday, which is supposedly going to air tonight. But the season finale is going to be in two more eps, so three weeks?

Comment

What time is 'Sunday' airing???

Must keep me up to date here.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                                What time is 'Sunday' airing???

Must keep me up to date here.

Time... umm... Not sure? I live in the EDT time zone (Eastern Daylight) and I believe it airs at 11pm here, so that would be in approximately 7.5 hours?

Comment

Working...
                                X