No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Peeks in* I'm still alive but very busy, so I can't post so much nowadays.

It's the same for me cshawzye, I love any screen time Carson gets. I can't wait for that episode.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

I didn't know if you guys would have all seen this but you might be interested in this link for Paul in "A Guy Thing"

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
        I didn't know if you guys would have all seen this but you might be interested in this link for Paul in "A Guy Thing"
        mmm thank you! I need something to tide me over until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
          Thanks that was great! Enjoy seeing Paul anyway I can. They have some great videos on YouTube. Including a great showreel that includes a bit from "Posioning The Well" and the same bit of him from "A Guy Thing." Some great scences from "See Grace Fly" (a movie I really want to see, have heard some great reviews)

Anyway, this is just a really long post to say thanks.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Hey Everyone!

Sorry been away for a while...

For now I just started teaching myself Photoshop...It's a lot of info and my head hurts. Still, this is a great program to learn. Can someone give me the banner measurements you use. I would like to make something with Paul in at as a practice exercise. I'll probably end up posting here so I can get some structural comments. For the record I don't do websites. I have no desire to learn code - sorry, but I do love to take pictures.

We have a con coming up in about a week...no Paul darn it. Unfortunately, we don't have any of the SGA casts coming Hubby and I are talking about possibly going to San Diego or Atlanta next year. As much as I want to go to England and Scotland, it's not going to happen anytime soon. I think those countries are so beautiful from the PBS specials I've watched.

Has anyone heard anymore about SGA cutting Paul? Any confirmations or anything?

Later!
            PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
              Some great scences from "See Grace Fly" (a movie I really want to see, have heard some great reviews)
              A little review for SGF (if you care):

"See Grace Fly" is a wonderful flick for when you have some time to kill and want to spend it trying to hold back tears. I read that it's based loosely on Gina Chiarelli's (Grace) real-life aunt, and the story was written to be wonderfully dramatic and heart-wrenching. It was well worth the $6 I paid to download it (legally) from Cineclix. It's a great low-budget psychological drama starring some really talented actors, and the only character that I didn't feel was wonderfully portrayed was Kate the psychologist. But that's the only flaw I saw with this movie, and it's easy enough to overlook it the first couple of times you watch. Paul McGillion and Gina Chiarelli really shine in this movie, but I found that it can come across as disturbing at times. The love-making scene towards the end is fairly... erm... exciting. This movie is not for kids.

PJumper42: I believe that David Hewlett has hinted in an entry on his site that the rumor is still just a rumor and that he was refusing to give away spoilers, but it was by no means a clear and concise statement that that was the rumor he was referring to. So it has a few people still freaked out...
              Last edited by Jersey13; 16 October 2006, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                A little review for SGF (if you care):

"See Grace Fly" is a wonderful flick for when you have some time to kill and want to spend it trying to hold back tears. I read that it's based loosely on Gina Chiarelli's (Grace) real-life aunt, and the story was written to be wonderfully dramatic and heart-wrenching. It was well worth the $6 I paid to download it (legally) from Cineclix. It's a great low-budget psychological drama starring some really talented actors, and the only character that I didn't feel was wonderfully portrayed was Kate the psychologist. But that's the only flaw I saw with this movie, and it's easy enough to overlook it the first couple of times you watch. Paul McGillion and Gina Chiarelli really shine in this movie, but I found that it can come across as disturbing at times. The love-making scene towards the end is fairly... erm... exciting. This movie is not for kids.
                That's great, thanks! I've heard some really great things about Paul's performance in the movie. I haven't been able to get a copy yet. I keep looking on The Movie Network because they apparently have aired it in the past, but no luck as of yet. I'll keep looking though. And thanks again for the review. Just makes me want to see it all the more.

PJumper42: I would love to teach myself Photoshop. I've been playing around with Corel Paint Shop Pro which isn't exactly the same but it's still a lot of fun. Good luck with it!

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                  That's great, thanks! I've heard some really great things about Paul's performance in the movie. I haven't been able to get a copy yet. I keep looking on The Movie Network because they apparently have aired it in the past, but no luck as of yet. I'll keep looking though. And thanks again for the review. Just makes me want to see it all the more.

PJumper42: I would love to teach myself Photoshop. I've been playing around with Corel Paint Shop Pro which isn't exactly the same but it's still a lot of fun. Good luck with it!

You can get "See Grace Fly" for CineClix - you can download it from there and it doesn't cost very much. It is certainly very worthwhile watching it. I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nel View Post
                    You can get "See Grace Fly" for CineClix - you can download it from there and it doesn't cost very much. It is certainly very worthwhile watching it. I loved it.
                    Yes. I've looked before and have tried. I've had no success with being able to get it. Right now it says "Not Yet Available In Canada" (which isn't helpful when you're a Canadian) and everything seems to stop when I actually find the film. So for now I'm just going to have to wait I guess. I'll probably get it after I move down to Michigan with my finace in the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin
                      Oooo, I happened to stumble across a spoiler on YouTube. I don't know if it's already known or if anyone has posted it here yet, but there you go:

Spoiler:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtBrfh88hRk

After a few minutes (in the very end), he mentions Carson "levitating" and even calls it a spoiler. I wonder what's up with that? This con was last month, so it's really new.
                      I bet that happens in the episode

Haven't seen these photos in a bit, I think. DragonCon 2005.

Paul and Chris Owens (Agent Spender, The X Files) goofing off for the camera.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye
                        Enjoy seeing Paul anyway I can.
                        Here's a photo of Paul from the short film, "Sploosh".

Originally posted by cshawzye
                        They have some great videos on YouTube. Including a great showreel that includes a bit from "Posioning The Well" and the same bit of him from "A Guy Thing." Some great scences from "See Grace Fly" (a movie I really want to see, have heard some great reviews).
                        You do know that Paul has his showreel on his official site (designed by the fantastic TJUK)? Wonderful stuff. There's also the trailer from "See Grace Fly" on the same page.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          You do know that Paul has his showreel on his official site (designed by the fantastic TJUK)? Wonderful stuff. There's also the trailer from "See Grace Fly" on the same page.

Yeah I have seen the clips on the official site. A couple of times actually. I had forgotten they were there, though. Either way it's great stuff. Typically if I check out his site I check out the gallery for new pics or to read the updated news.

Comment

I swear the official site nearly gives me a heart attack when you click "enter site" and that picture just jumps out...*heart attack in a good way...*

Comment

OMG Caz! Are those pictures of you with PM in your sig there? I'm so jealous! I want pics like that! I had to refresh this darn page like 20 times in order to see it again! Geeze, how many sigs have you got?

Comment

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
                                For now I just started teaching myself Photoshop...It's a lot of info and my head hurts. Still, this is a great program to learn. Can someone give me the banner measurements you use. I would like to make something with Paul in at as a practice exercise. I'll probably end up posting here so I can get some structural comments. For the record I don't do websites. I have no desire to learn code - sorry, but I do love to take pictures.
                                I have PS and I firmly believe it was made by the devil along with I-35 and staples (not the store, but actually staples). But that's not really the point now is it. My banners are generally two inches tall and eight inches long. I don't know the actual pixel size and am a little lazy right now so I'm not gonna look it up.

I want a shirt that says I was examined by Dr. Beckett. That would rock!
                                Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X