No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the ending, it will only need a couple of adjustments . I wrote it 3 weeks ago!
    sigpic

Comment

I envy you--like I said, I can't do endings well. I mean the short-fic I wrote had a decent ending but that's because I knew the whole story before I wrote it. My usual mode for writing stories is to just write and let the characters do their own thing...

Comment

That is what I do to usually, this last one the ending just came to me, and I had to work backward. My first, which is in hopefully its last edit, I just boarded the train at the station, and followed where it lead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
          My problem is always with endings. I can do beginning, I can do middle...I just can never end a story properly. I don't know why. Just can't.
          My problem is with writing the beginnings!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I swear, if I just start writing without a clue where I want it to end up...this is how we end up with things like The Lost Years. That's not going the way I planned initially and it's gonna change again since I still haven't gotten 'round to fixing the 3-4 pages MS Word deleted on me when my laptop decided to act up.

Comment

Well I haven't been putting my stories on paper for very long, but I have been writing them in my head for years....so I'm not sure what I have trouble with most!
              I'm only on my 3rd story, but there is a 4th waiting in the wings.
              sigpic

Comment

I used to write in a notebook, I've run a load of pens out of ink...but I can't even begin to type all those stories into the computer, I get bored and impatient and end up re-writing half of the stuff as I type it...yeah the last story I tried to type up from paper, I never finished. I actually gave up on it for about 3 reasons, only one of which had anything to do with the fact that I can't seem to finish typing anything I've written on paper...

Comment

It's the way I do it.
                  I clean it up typing it, Once it is in it is the second draft. Yes it can be a pain in the ass but, I can't think properly typing first.
                  Jeepers just did a count up...59 a4 pages so far!
                  sigpic

Comment

My word. You put me to shame! Even my longest story, my original one, is only at 50 a4 size pages! ...And I'm supposed to be a writer...I suppose I ought to get on with it then!

Comment

Well this one grew from small beginnings, but my character wanted people to know more of her story. And so it goes!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thing is, my story took me near on 3 months to write...yours seems to have taken altogether less. I think.

...Also, I just read the most amusing fiction. I absolutely love fictions in which Rodney or Shep manages to annoy Carson--it's sad but I find it amusing to "watch" Carson get all riled up and try to get revenge...oooh. See, those two seem to frequently forget you don't mess with the Scottish doctor, especially in his own infirmary, unless you're asking for trouble

Comment

I am putting my speed of writing down to the fact that I'm new to it...haven't had a chance to get writers block yet. That and the fact that when my characters talk to me, they are very instant! And I've been up till 2am most nights for the past couple of weeks...hmmm wonder if that contributed to what happened last night?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
                            I am putting my speed of writing down to the fact that I'm new to it...haven't had a chance to get writers block yet. That and the fact that when my characters talk to me, they are very instant! And I've been up till 2am most nights for the past couple of weeks...hmmm wonder if that contributed to what happened last night?
                            ...So much for telling me to go to bed on time... But yes, that could well have had something to do with last night. 'Tis a condition fondly known to my best friend and I as "Drunk off Sleep"...it's the hyperactive crazy state that you go into when you're so tired, you're literally running on nothing...it usually comes just before one hell of a crash though...

Comment

Guess you could say that was a crash, it was only midnight!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well the way I fell asleep at 4am last night was most DEFINITELY a crash. One minute I had caffeine jitters, the next I was waking up at noon today. Thank God I didn't have classes or anything early this morning...

Comment

Working...
                                X