No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats and good luck Allestian! That's a lovely song.

In Caz news...

I made an LJ community for all my screencaps! I even made two batches of "non-spoiler" caps for The Return Pt 2 & Echoes (for all those who wish to thunk season 3 style without the spoilers...)

Anyone is allowed to join and contribute and/or admire. The topic is merely Carson Beckett screencaps... hehe.

Most amusing thing about my new LJ comm? The colour layout used is titled "Carson Blue".

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
      WHEW! the last 12 caps from Echoes!

REALLY REALLY good hair pic Caz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      how long did it take you to peel yourself away from those pics...........*if you have!*

Comment

I bet she hasn't peeled herself away.

Thanks for your support Caz.

Comment

Thanks for all the caps! =D *savesavesave*

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
          Whoah! Someone said on the SGAHC yahoo group that they read an article that said that sometime in the second half of season 3...
          Spoiler:
          ...that Michael's going to definitely be back, which is probably going to be in Vengeance, and that he is experimenting on humans. Could this really be Carson's fate after all???
          Nooooooooooooooooooo!
          Spoiler:
          ...Then again, we already kinda guessed that, didn't we? Hmmm. Not sure whether I prefer this option. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Carson to die, EVER. But...
          just imagine we have to witness him changing, becoming psycho like Ford, enduring torture, physical and psychicological abuse... and later he'd not be the same. I don't think I could stand that, it would probably make me cry on a regular basis or something. ):
          I don't want to lose the Carson I know and love, but I don't want him changed drastically so that we're forced to be disgusted by him or anything. *sigh*

Also, some girl over in another thread took a wild guess as to what would happen to Carson, and she was apparently right about Michael experimenting on him in Vengeance. If she's right about the rest, too (oh god, her guess was pure HORROR), then I might just stop watching right now. *shudder*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
            I bet she hasn't peeled herself away.

Thanks for your support Caz.
            but how can one peel oneself away from 52 screen caps?

Comment

^I don't think that anyone can peel themselves away from the cuteness of Paul! I know I can't do it!!
              Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                Spoiler:
                <snip>just imagine we have to witness him changing, becoming psycho like Ford, enduring torture, physical and psychicological abuse... and later he'd not be the same. I don't think I could stand that, it would probably make me cry on a regular basis or something. ):
                Spoiler:
                Honestly? I don't think I'd mind if Carson went through a horrific experience and was changed by it. It would give him a character arc. And I think you could mostly get the old Carson back when he recovers. (Plus, it would make it more interesting for Paul.)

Yeah. I kinda figured the whole genetic manipulation thing was going to come back and bite poor Carson in the tush. There needed to be some fallout from these decisions and Michael was very focused on Carson being the cause of his misery.

::sigh:: Yeah. It's going to be a great storyline through the end of the season. I just want Carson to come back!

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Honestly? I don't think I'd mind if Carson went through a horrific experience and was changed by it. It would give him a character arc. And I think you could mostly get the old Carson back when he recovers. (Plus, it would make it more interesting for Paul.)

Yeah. I kinda figured the whole genetic manipulation thing was going to come back and bite poor Carson in the tush. There needed to be some fallout from these decisions and Michael was very focused on Carson being the cause of his misery.

::sigh:: Yeah. It's going to be a great storyline through the end of the season. I just want Carson to come back!
                  Spoiler:
                  I see your point, though what I meant was "changing" as in... changing his character in a sense that he couldn't stay on Atlantis anymore if he was saved. ):
                  I'm perfectly fine with him getting a great story arc, some serious whumping (and a change in attitude as long as it's still the Carson we know) IF they allow him to return as a regular. I guess that's too much of wishful thinking, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
                    Spoiler:

I feel quite the same! I'll be quite satisfied so long as Carson comes back to us full time in the end! *Huggles Carson* Nooooooo! Don't leave meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Spoiler:
                    But... Carson as a villian? I dunno... That would be totally hot, at least, so long as it was only on a temporary basis or something. But it would definitely take some getting used to, and I'm not sure I'd like it if it were permanent. I hope he doesn't change too much from the sweet and cuddly guy we all know!
                    Last edited by Jersey13; 29 November 2006, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Wha...?

o_O

How the heck did you find this? LOL! And did you read what he wrote on that autographed picture? The guy can't spell! And he's supposed to be a teacher? For shame, Paul!
                      LOL

there's a spelling error on one of the autographs he gave me...but it's the same one 'your' instead of 'you're' so it's forgiveable!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Have you seen the pic with Paul that Annie posted on David Hewlett's web site? Hilarious! For anybody who hasn't seen it, it's in the "Conventions" section in the SG11 thread, on page 15. 5 women, all holding Paul up in their arms, and he goes and writes "Holy @!#& Don't Drop Me!" on it.... His punctuation is horrible too, apparently.
                        Hilarious!

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                        AUDITION UPDATE!!!

Last week I posted that I had done a singing audition to sing solo at my college's Old Folk's christmas concert...I GOT THROUGH!!!

Next Friday (Not this Friday) I'll be singing Teyla's song in front of a live audience...(Of people aged over 60 like)
                        Congrats and and have fun next Friday!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          LOL

there's a spelling error on one of the autographs he gave me...but it's the same one 'your' instead of 'you're' so it's forgiveable!
                          On that note... I humbly present to anybody who cares:

10 Flagrant Grammar Mistakes That Make You Look Stupid. I hope nobody takes it personally, but mistakes like the ones in this article are far, FAR too common.

Congrats BTW, Allestian!
                          Last edited by Jersey13; 29 November 2006, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Right about all this sad discussion we're all having. From what I have been reading I'm guessing you've read the GW report???

If not do it now. You are not gonna like it.

Comment

On that note... I humbly present to anybody who cares:

10 Flagrant Grammar Mistakes That Make You Look Stupid. I hope nobody takes it personally, but mistakes like the ones in this article are far, FAR too common.
                              I'd like to add "definatly" instead of "definitely"! *lol* My English isn't the best since it's not my first language, but this one always pokes me into the eye.

Hey, has anyone here (who was at the London con with Paul) been able to take a picture of the "funny photo shoot" thing they posed for in the end? It was something about everyone attacking Paul with rubber duckies and water pistols... *lol*
                              I only know this because one of the fans at the con in Germany I went to won a copy of said photograph with signatures on it.
                              It was so hilarious! I asked whether I could take a picture of it, but alas, I couldn't use flash (because of the reflection) and the lights were so dim that it's all fuzzy now:

I'd love to see a better version of it, does anyone have it? =D
                              sigpic

Comment

You mean the report about Beckett that GW finally posted on the side of the front page? That news has been around for like a week now, hon'.

OMG! That's a great pic! *SQUEEE!*

Comment

Working...
                                X