No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*snickers loudly at Rodney's sarcasm gland bit* Oh hell that was funny Carson's Kitty!! Please post more pics to celebrate your name change. *high fives CK* Woooohoooo!! heehee }:O
    sigpic

Comment

Hey all! Sorry not around tonight, been hanging out with LJR02 all day searching for SGA costume stuff. We are currently sitting in the theatre waiting to see the Hot Scot in Star Trek. We will post a report afterwards.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonsKitty View Post
        Spoiler:

I'm tellin' ye... I'm the most popular guy here!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Tomorrow... Paul's big day as Star Trek movie starts!

Comment

Imagine my surprise when I saw the Star Trek movie in the listings for the local theatre a whole day early, so I decided to go see it tonight instead. I'm not easily impressed by movies of late, but wow, all of you planning to go see it definitely have an awesome movie to look forward to. It's just too bad that Paul wasn't cast as Scotty. Not that Simon Pegg did a bad job, 'cause he was great... I just wish I could've seen Paul's rendition of the character too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
              Imagine my surprise when I saw the Star Trek movie in the listings for the local theatre a whole day early, so I decided to go see it tonight instead. I'm not easily impressed by movies of late, but wow, all of you planning to go see it definitely have an awesome movie to look forward to. It's just too bad that Paul wasn't cast as Scotty. Not that Simon Pegg did a bad job, 'cause he was great... I just wish I could've seen Paul's rendition of the character too.

TELL US ABOUT Paul's role

Comment

Paul was in the Star Trek! LOL. He is in the movie about 45 mins in, I think. I won't say much about his role other than he does have a few lines and the scene has Kirk and Bones in it. They are in a shuttle bay.

I really enjoyed the movie and will give a longer report later when not posting from BlackBerry in middle of IHOP.
                sigpic

Comment

Basically, Paul's character is a Commander at the Academy. That's all his character was referred to as, just "Commander", and wasn't even given a name. A tad disappointing, but it was something. If and when you see the movie, you should be able to know instantly when his scene is coming up. I had to fight the urge to shout "woohoo! We love you, Paul!" when it came up on the screen myself.
                  Last edited by Jersey13; 07 May 2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I still think he'd have been phenominal as Scotty *pout*
                    sig by me

Comment

I saw the Trek movie in IMAX and wow, it looked good! I was excited to see Paul in the movie, even for those few seconds. According to IMDB, his character is "Barracks Officer".

Having seen Simon Pegg in the role, I can see why they picked him. Although Pegg is only a year younger than Paul, Pegg looks younger and fits more with the look of the movie. Paul has a more mature face. And Pegg would represent the UK market. BTW, the actor who plays Sulu, John Cho, is actually older than George Takei was when he first played Sulu, but Cho looks younger. Cho's also Korean, not Japanese, but that's acting for you.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                        Tomorrow... Paul's big day as Star Trek movie starts!
                        Glad I came by to enjoy some Carson/Paul eye candy. I had no idea he was in the new ST! one more reason to check it out.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know that Paul's dream to get in Star Trek movie came true, Now what's next for Paul?

Comment

*highjacks LJR02's GW account*

Hey, it is Postie, being all sneaky and using LJR02's GW account (she is standing right here) to pull Carson/Paul up to the top of Page One.

In the newest edition of Star Trek Magazine there is a small picture on page 30 of the scene in which Paul is in.

Hope everyone is enjoying the movie...it is definitely worth seeing (even if Paul wasn't in it!)

Comment

I know that Paul's dream to get in Star Trek movie came true, Now what's next for Paul?
                              He will be hanging out with Jack Bauer saving the world in 24 hours or less.

Comment

Hopefully a movie where he really gets to shine

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X