No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man - I can't believe the con was cancelled!!!! I'm so bummed for you all. Not to mention just furious they cancelled it so last minute - and I wasn't even there.

I had a really bad Friday and I kept thinking - oh wouldn't it be great to be at the con and see Paul in person? Well, geez.

The only bright spot I guess is S5 is getting closer - soon we'll see our Beckett again...for a couple eps anyway.

Comment

On a happier note, a nice thing did happen to Carson fans who found each other at the con and gathered together:

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/200...nted-con-fans/

Not the same as 2 days with Paul, but it was awesome!

Comment

I hope all the fans from here who were at the event were there for that or you can bet they're going to feel mighty left out but how awesome an experience for you to have - and how good of Paul to do that for you

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
          I hope all the fans from here who were at the event were there for that or you can bet they're going to feel mighty left out but how awesome an experience for you to have - and how good of Paul to do that for you
          I made an announcement on the microphone in the ballroom that we were having a party, and we invited as many Carson fans as we could find to come. I'm sure some didn't know about it, but we did our best. We didn't hear that Paul would call until the party was underway.

Comment

It was great of you to announce the party over the mic! You couldn't be expected to do more than that

Comment

That is just too cool what he did for his fans!! He really is something!! Though none of us needed to be convinced!
              "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                I finally got moved!!!! I should have my internet back in a couple of weeks...so I'll be back full time. Try not to get too excited! Haha...I miss you guys!
                Glad to hear you got yourself all settled (mostly at least!). I'm just now beginning to pack for my move! I am very much not looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                On a happier note, a nice thing did happen to Carson fans who found each other at the con and gathered together:

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/200...nted-con-fans/

Not the same as 2 days with Paul, but it was awesome!
                Hey, that's better than nothing! How very nice of him to do that, what a great guy

I got to chat on the phone today with SETI_fan, Haliyah, and Jersey13, and it sounded like, despite it all, that they had a good time. It was great to hear from them all even though I wasn't there! SETI said she got lots of pictures and will be posting them and a report as soon as she can

I just hope that other cons can learn from this disaster and take action to avoid something like this in the future.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Awww, this is cute. At least he thought about his fans. did I understand it right that he didn't appear because he already knew the show was cancelled? And what's the story with the Pringles? I wish I was at the party!!!

Comment

I am back from the con. I hated that I left yesterday but it was a long drive home. Every Thunker was great to meet and can't wait to chill out with everyone again. I can't wait to meet everyone else too. The Carson Party was a blast.
                    Here is some photos:

Spoiler:

Comment

YAY Kaylee - so cool to have you back. thank you for the pics - those are awesome. I really like the first pic - when I'm with Luci our table looks the same

So tell us about the Pringles, pleeaaase. *puppy eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                        YAY Kaylee - so cool to have you back. thank you for the pics - those are awesome. I really like the first pic - when I'm with Luci our table looks the same

So tell us about the Pringles, pleeaaase. *puppy eyes*
                        The story of the Pringles was that DrsChick and Haliyah went out to get some snacks and drinks for the party, since DrsChick is local and has a car... and they came back with sooooo much food and booze, including at least 15 cans of Pringles! It turns out the local Walmart has way more varieties than Haliyah can get in Canada, including Pizza (yuck!), so the extras were for her to take home. Along with several jars of cheese dip stuff. I can only imagine how she got it in her luggage!

Meanwhile a million thanks for DrsChick for provisioning the party -- it would have been pitiful otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                          The story of the Pringles was that DrsChick and Haliyah went out to get some snacks and drinks for the party, since DrsChick is local and has a car... and they came back with sooooo much food and booze, including at least 15 cans of Pringles! It turns out the local Walmart has way more varieties than Haliyah can get in Canada, including Pizza (yuck!), so the extras were for her to take home. Along with several jars of cheese dip stuff. I can only imagine how she got it in her luggage!

Meanwhile a million thanks for DrsChick for provisioning the party -- it would have been pitiful otherwise!
                          I like how we used the tub as a fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                            I like how we used the tub as a fridge.
                            Yep, we've been doing that at convention room parties since I was in high school ... And the Hyatt room service staff was awfully nice to provide us with ice & ice buckets. (Not to mention the corkscrew and many wine glasses!)

That multi-layer bean & cheese dip was a work of art, Haliyah! (It was my lunch and most of my dinner, actually.) Yum.

I hope nobody minds that I brought home all the leftover diet Coke.

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                              Yep, we've been doing that at convention room parties since I was in high school ... And the Hyatt room service staff was awfully nice to provide us with ice & ice buckets. (Not to mention the corkscrew and many wine glasses!)

That multi-layer bean & cheese dip was a work of art, Haliyah! (It was my lunch and most of my dinner, actually.) Yum.

I hope nobody minds that I brought home all the leftover diet Coke.
                              It was great to meet you, Hope we all can hang out again
                              Na, I don't mind. I have the chex mix lol. Should have grab some more food. lol I loved the multi-layer dip too, Haliyah. I wish I got to say goodbye to you.

Comment

Greetings All:

By now I’m sure you have read all the horror stories about Dallas FedCon 2008 – what a disaster.

In my opinion I think “greedy” is the key word here, and that’s exactly what happened with Tim Brazeal – he got very greedy.

To the Paul fan with the yellow backpack – we got to talk briefly, but unfortunately I didn’t get your name. I felt so bad telling you Paul wasn’t going to make it. I could see the hurt on your face as you told me the trouble you had to go through to bring Paul a gift. Your tears broke my heart and I wish I could have said something to make you feel better.

John Billingsley and Bonita Friedericy are my new heroes – they basically saved the convention. I knew Connor Trinneer seemed upset about something. I learned the next day that he showed up on his own because he wasn’t suppose to be on the guest list in the first place, and he wasn’t getting paid for his appearance.

To Haliyah (one cool Canadian), Jersey 13, Seti-Fan, Kaylee, Michelle and the rest of the ladies…thank you for turning a nightmare into a memorable weekend. I can’t wait until all of us meet up again – I had a blast. We need to get everyone together for a chat room talk some time. I know everyone’s in a different time zone but we can do this.
                                PJumper42

Comment

Working...
                                X