John Sheppard Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elinor
    Find it really hard to imagine Joe playing golf....seems a bit tame after surfing, skiing and mountaineering doesn't it?!!! Unless he puts a twist on it! Golfing up a mountain or something!!

Nothing like two kids to make you settle down a bit...

Scarily, I can imagine Joe playing golf...probably cos Shane from Westlife is hardly someone you'd imagine playing golf either, yet I've seen him playing when we stopped at The Belfry.

I can't see the appeal myself, but it seems very popular both in the celeb circuit, and also with almost every bloke I know...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      Nothing like two kids to make you settle down a bit...

Scarily, I can imagine Joe playing golf...probably cos Shane from Westlife is hardly someone you'd imagine playing golf either, yet I've seen him playing when we stopped at The Belfry.

I can't see the appeal myself, but it seems very popular both in the celeb circuit, and also with almost every bloke I know...
      Golf seems to be a status symbol of some sort that I've never quite figured out. I personally find it quite boring and unimpressive, but my father-in-law is absolutely rabid about it - its PERSONAL *LOL*. But he is high-echelon corporate-type and it seems to be a most important activity for them - I guess it has something to do with access to certain bathrooms at HQ. My hub is more casual about it. When we go on vay-cay he takes the clubs, but most of the time they just sleep in the trunk of the car.

I can see JF playing golf. I can also envision his wife squelching the mountain climbing hobby as well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Golf seems to be a status symbol of some sort that I've never quite figured out. I personally find it quite boring and unimpressive, but my father-in-law is absolutely rabid about it - its PERSONAL *LOL*. But he is high-echelon corporate-type and it seems to be a most important activity for them - I guess it has something to do with access to certain bathrooms at HQ. My hub is more casual about it. When we go on vay-cay he takes the clubs, but most of the time they just sleep in the trunk of the car.

I can see JF playing golf. I can also envision his wife squelching the mountain climbing hobby as well.
        The frozen cornea incident was probably enough for Kath...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          "Home" bothered me a bit in regards to the way Shep views women, especially after we knew Sheppard was manipulating his environment. The girls were all in their finest Britney Spears attire (even Teyla), or in bathing suits. Teyla's shopping spree had her in skimpy dress and his remark about her picking out "something nice" almost bordered on sarcastic. Does he just see all women as sexy chicks? He couldn't have a class-act girl in the apartment crowd somewhere? Maybe he doesn't know any women with class?
          I find it interesting that we come back to Teyla's wardrobe again and again. Methinks that if they made her a more multifaceted character we wouldn't be having this conversation in various parts of the forum.
          Like you, FP... I was none too pleased with that aspect fantasy sequence and all its scantily clad females... Looked like something out of college boy films... Are they trying to tell us that Shep is a college boy at heart? Or at they trying to shallowfy him to demystify the Shep mystique...

And what of the old elementary school teacher? (this is joke now) - mom fixation? *LOL*
          Don't you start that again...
          You and your Sophoclean analogies...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
            I loved home. One of my fave parts is Weir going to see Shep in his room. It was so awkward yet very realistic. And god he looked so young and adorable. Loved his "I haven't finished my book"
            What I loved about that scene was just how insincere he was about Weir staying. At that stage, he doesn't have much respect for her and man, it shows. "If you wanna go..." Heh.

I like how he really DID seem to catch on right away. The way the girls were dressed didn't bother me. THEY went along with the bachelor pad that didn't exist. Why wouldn't shep DREAM about that? I dream about cabana boys. LOL
            What was the point he catches on? Was it before we see him at the SGC? He certainly seems puzzled during the elevator chat with "Hammond".

And um, what's a cabana boy? This is going to sound double entendre-ish but in Aus, a cabana is a spicy sausage.

And we ALL want Shep in trunks so...heeeeeee. Doesn't make me shallow or sexist. Just appreciative of gorgeous men. BUT...they need to be smart too. And I liked the realism of him not always getting the girl. LOL
            That illusion could have been filled with revenge. He was quite nice about it all, though. You know, until he shot his dead friend.

His geeky outfit killed me. The funny thing being the white shirt was happening. Usually a guy would pair that geeky track jacket with a tee shirt. So it's interesting how he was dressed. The beings said they couldn't quite get things right. I'm thinking that jacket might be part of what they didn't get right. LOL
            As soon as he asked to be taken to the "Green Moss Park area", everyone in the audience should have twigged to the illusion, if they hadn't already. Shep was in Antarctica prior to the expedition. He wouldn't have lived in Colorado Springs. And I loved the geeky outfit. So cute, as though he was truly a math geek and didn't quite know how to dress as a sports jock or a cool dude, and hence it was this peculiar combination of all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
              Hmmm......interesting!

What stuck in my mind was the bit when he pointed out the girl in the crowd and said " You.......you wouldn't even date me!".

That had me thinking..........yeah, I'm with you Shep.....she's not right in the head!!

Curioser... and curioser... Wonder why?

Did she find out that Shep's an obsessive compulsive whatyoumacallit? Does she have something against flyboys and musicians?
              Perhaps he has B.O and bad breath...
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Maybe he dresses badly...

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                  Maybe he dresses badly...
                  *smacks head*
                  Touche... of course he does... VERY...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                    I loved home. One of my fave parts is Weir going to see Shep in his room. It was so awkward yet very realistic. And god he looked so young and adorable. Loved his "I haven't finished my book"
                    There is something very innately sexy about men who read big, thick, boring books and pretend that they are just doing it to "while away the hours".
                    I like how he really DID seem to catch on right away. The way the girls were dressed didn't bother me. THEY went along with the bachelor pad that didn't exist. Why wouldn't shep DREAM about that? I dream about cabana boys. LOL
                    Naw... I don't dream about cabana boys... I dream of real men in cravats and undertaker suits with distinguished looking side burns, brooding of lost love... But occasionally I dream of geeks in tracky dacks and jeans...
                    And we ALL want Shep in trunks so...heeeeeee. Doesn't make me shallow or sexist. LOL
                    Doesn't it?! I don't mind confessing to shallowness now and again but not in front of the husband though... Nothing very sexy about trunks... too obvious... Sexy to me is tortured, lingering looks and lots of witty repartee...
                    His geeky outfit killed me. The funny thing being the white shirt was happening. Usually a guy would pair that geeky track jacket with a tee shirt. So it's interesting how he was dressed. The beings said they couldn't quite get things right. I'm thinking that jacket might be part of what they didn't get right. LOL
                    Bizarre stuff... I thought he was in his pyjamas... quite frankly... In some places around the world... tracky outfits are sleep wear...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      *smacks head*
                      Touche... of course he does... VERY...

Shep obviously shares in Joe's bad dress sense affliction...

I wouldn't mind...he wears some nice stuff...it's just that things often don't work together... I mean, his get-up at the Vancouver con this year...nice shirt, nice trousers, nice runners...but there's something about a pair of bright orange runners that just doesn't work with more natural colors...

And anything Fred Perry should be burned on the grate!

Comment

*LOL*. .SO. . he has B.O, bad breath, dresses poorly (walks around in his P.j.'s), and likes his old elementary school teacher.

Anyone wondering why WE like HIM?

Comment

Doesn't it?! I don't mind confessing to shallowness now and again but not in front of the husband though... Nothing very sexy about trunks... too obvious... Sexy to me is tortured, lingering looks and lots of witty repartee...
                          You know, I don't think we'll be seeing the trunks any time soon...I don't think Joe is a 'trunks' kinda guy - more baggy shorts if you ask me.

Thus they aren't going to be Shep's thing either...

*Dreams of SGA Joe Surfing scene - actually Joe probably dreams of that as well...*

Comment

*cough cough* Thornton *cough cough* Morton *cough cough* An ideal combination...

Bizarre stuff... I thought he was in his pyjamas... quite frankly... In some places around the world... tracky outfits are sleep wear...
                            When I first posted about his outfit, I was going to say "Wow, Sheppard's such a dag" but realised that may not translate. And it doesn't really because daggy is a unique look. He doesn't look like a geek, he looks like a dag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                              When I first posted about his outfit, I was going to say "Wow, Sheppard's such a dag" but realised that may not translate. And it doesn't really because daggy is a unique look. He doesn't look like a geek, he looks like a dag.
                              Dumb question of the day. . .what's a "dag"?

Comment

Australian slang: can cover anything from being amusing, uncoordinated, funny, nerd, bit of a loser, and someone who dresses funny. Depends on the tone of voice in which it's used. In this case, amusedly affectionate and all of the above description. We'd say "Shep's a bit of a dag."

Comment

Working...
                                X