Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Thank God! That news makes me feel as if I'm floating through the clouds atop Kyrik's strong shoulders. The only thing better than a courtship that lasts 27 years is rigged voting that lasts 27 days.
    Le sigh....lucky

May I join you? His shoulders appear to be broad and gorgeous enough for the both of us.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Le sigh....lucky

May I join you? His shoulders appear to be broad and gorgeous enough for the both of us.
      Of course. They don't call him the strong, silent type for nothing.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Of course. They don't call him the strong, silent type for nothing.
        He wasn't that silent...he was certainly more talkative than a certain other Runner we know and....well, that we know anyway.

Remind me again why we couldn't keep Kyrik?
        sigpic

Comment

He wasn't that silent...he was certainly more talkative than a certain other Runner we know and....well, that we know anyway.

Remind me again why we couldn't keep Kyrik?
          He was a red herring romantic interest. Not unlike Rodney.
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

He was a red herring romantic interest. Not unlike Rodney.
            But he'd have been greater competition for Ronon, no? After all, he's everything that Ronon is; strong, stoic, devastatingly handsome, capable of protecting the dear damsel.

If Rodney is nothing that Jennifer's looking for and Ronon is everything, then a Kyrik/Jennifer/Ronon triangle would have been The Triangle to End All Triangles.

If only because the two men would have ended up beating each other into bloody pulps and Jennifer would die an old sorrowful maid. It reads like a Shakespearean tragedy on steroids; it would have been perfect!
            sigpic

Comment

But he'd have been greater competition for Ronon, no? After all, he's everything that Ronon is; strong, stoic, devastatingly handsome, capable of protecting the dear damsel.

If Rodney is nothing that Jennifer's looking for and Ronon is everything, then a Kyrik/Jennifer/Ronon triangle would have been The Triangle to End All Triangles.

If only because the two men would have ended up beating each other into bloody pulps and Jennifer would die an old sorrowful maid. It reads like a Shakespearean tragedy on steroids; it would have been perfect!
              *exits lurk mode as work begins to pile up on her desk*

Oh PB, one has to wonder what that would have been like!

@ Daryst: Welcome back! Did you bring us home any monkeys???

Ugh... excuse me while I do a little work... but I'm still here
              Spoilers For Brainstorm below

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Shipper of the AWESOMENESS that is McKeller!

Dr. Rodney McKay... he does a body good!

Comment

I am awesome!
                ... if you insist
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Indoctrinated View Post
                  *sigh* It's December 1st and it was still 80 degrees today here in California. Ri-freakin'-diculous. There's sun...sun...sun...wind...sun...lemme see here, I think I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah! Sun!
                  Ugh! Now that's just not right for December...

A Newfie?

That's awesome!

You hail from Rick Mercer land!

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
                  Guilty as charged. I think that's the first time I've heard called Rick Mercer Land though. Somewhere his head is swelling a bit. He's a funny guy...

See that's just not natural.
                  I melt at anything over 70.
                  That's what I was thinking! ... but then again, wait 5 minutes and it'll change! *Nods in complete understanding...* My Nan was from Bay Roberts!

I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland. I hear it's gorgeous. I know my mom is thinking about buying a house there somewhere. She says, "in Newfoundland" like it's so small and there's limited space for homes.
                  It is gorgeous! I've only been once... when I was very small and my Nan was still alive. She was a hoot! I couldn't understand a frelling word she said!!! It was that accent, so confusing to a Torontonian child!

As for new constructions on the rock, well I have heard there are some very nice new homes in Conception Bay... very beautiful area IMO.
                  Spoilers For Brainstorm below

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Shipper of the AWESOMENESS that is McKeller!

Dr. Rodney McKay... he does a body good!

Comment

Now THAT would have been in character.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

So brilliant, you just had to respond twice?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ilerya82 View Post
                        Ugh! Now that's just not right for December...

That's what I was thinking! ... but then again, wait 5 minutes and it'll change! *Nods in complete understanding...* My Nan was from Bay Roberts!

It is gorgeous! I've only been once... when I was very small and my Nan was still alive. She was a hoot! I couldn't understand a frelling word she said!!! It was that accent, so confusing to a Torontonian child!

As for new constructions on the rock, well I have heard there are some very nice new homes in Conception Bay... very beautiful area IMO.
                        Bay Roberts? I'm fifteen minutes from there! Bay Roberts has its own little speech thing going on...I have relatives up that way that I've never been able to understand.lol.

I can see how it would boggle the mind of a young mainlander!

LMAO!!!

Comment

We passed through an Alternate Universe, I think, and picked up some traffic.
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Ugh... writing my fic is hard

Keller’s presence seems to make McKay totally out of character and ever so difficult to write. He’s so keen to show her that he’s tough and to prove himself to her all the time. He also seems to lose much of his trademark rude abrasiveness.

Maybe it's because he lets his barriers down when he's around her (less of a 'bubble of hostility') as he feels more secure in himself?
                            McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

Keller’s presence seems to make McKay totally out of character and ever so difficult to write. He’s so keen to show her that he’s tough and to prove himself to her all the time. He also seems to lose much of his trademark rude abrasiveness.

Maybe it's because he lets his barriers down when he's around her (less of a 'bubble of hostility') as he feels more secure in himself?
                              I've found that having him mumble on in a nervous fashion always works.
                              My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

I guess you are facing the problem people have with McKeller and why they are afraid of it: it's difficult to figure a happy McKay who is like we know him.

Maybe it helps if you imagine the scene in the plane: McKay is cranky about some stuff, and he stays this way, but he can be different when it goes about other things.
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X