No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Scientist" is like THE McKeller song.

For me, the ones that keep coming up are:

"When the Deal Goes Down" - Mr. Dylan
    "Death is Not the End" - Mr. Dylan
    "Spirit on the Water" - Mr. Dylan

This is becoming a pathetic pattern, so I'll stop right there...
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Hmm..have to put my ipod on to think of some songs!

Nice work everyone!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
        "The Scientist" is like THE McKeller song.

For me, the ones that keep coming up are:

"When the Deal Goes Down" - Mr. Dylan
        "Death is Not the End" - Mr. Dylan
        "Spirit on the Water" - Mr. Dylan

This is becoming a pathetic pattern, so I'll stop right there...
        Dylan is never not appropriate.

New chapter up on FF.net for Radio Nowhere, just on the off chance that anyone is interested.
        sigpic

Comment

RN!! Beautiful.
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Yep. And this was an interesting chapter. I'm curious to see where she takes this.
            sigpic

Comment

Huh. That was, what's the word I'm looking for? Trippy maybe? I thought that was cool. Not what I was expecting at all. It had a kind of "mind screw" thing going on.
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Huh. That was, what's the word I'm looking for? Trippy maybe? I thought that was cool. Not what I was expecting at all. It had a kind of "mind screw" thing going on.
                I've been running a marathon of BSG-season 3 for myself to refresh before the new season, so the first thing that came to my mind was, "Mind-frak. She is totally frakking with us."

But yeah, kind of unexpected. The over-thinker in me is wondering if both scenes weren't just playing in his head like we're supposed to believe the first one is. Or are we???? Gah!! Mind.Frak.
                sigpic

Comment

ooooo! Wouldn't that be a trick? Hmmm. The only thing I could think was that maybe he's going to have trouble figuring out what's real and what isn't, and so everything that happens in his head, he's going to treat it and react to it as if it's real. Like, did you notice Rodney thinks to himself "Maybe I should go in there for her," but then he doesn't? I don't think he'd be too happy with himself given how things turn out.

But now I'm rambling. I guess it's good that it got me thinking.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

ooooo! Wouldn't that be a trick? Hmmm. The only thing I could think was that maybe he's going to have trouble figuring out what's real and what isn't, and so everything that happens in his head, he's going to treat it and react to it as if it's real. Like, did you notice Rodney thinks to himself "Maybe I should go in there for her," but then he doesn't? I don't think he'd be too happy with himself given how things turn out.

But now I'm rambling. I guess it's good that it got me thinking.
                    Hmmm...McKay disconnected from reality? That could be very interesting. Sort of has tones of the end of 'Grace Under Pressure' when he started thinking that he couldn't trust anything that was going on around him. This could play out very nicely.

The ones that make you think are always the best ones. Don't get me wrong, there's always a time for fluff and hell know's I'm always up for a good bit of fluff. But there's just something more when you read a fic that makes you think and wonder and then go back and read again to see if you missed something.

But then sometimes I reread fluff so I may not be the best judge on literary discourse material.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love the fluff too. I like RN because it has some fluff elements, but it doesn't seem to be resting on them.

And I think you need to be known as Judge Fluff from now on... just a meaningless aside there.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I wonder...is this a subtle dig at my overenjoyment of fluff fics or a commentary on my not so secret obsession with McKeller (when I can find them) fics in general?

But as long as we're shopping for nicknames, can I ammend that to read 'Queen Fluff'?

And can you be, 'Dylan-Obsessed'?
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't call it a dig, so much as an homage. Your fluff and McKeller fic love is shared by one and all who inhabit this thread.

I like Queen Fluff, though. It sounds like a mattress store.

Not only CAN I be Dylan-Obsessed. It's sort of just a statement of fact.

... but something tells me we're on the verge of rushing the cockpit on this thread again...
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I think we've rushed it, occupied it, and are now seated squarely and comfortably in the pilot and co-pilot seats.

I like the view.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              I think we've rushed it, occupied it, and are now seated squarely and comfortably in the pilot and co-pilot seats.

I like the view.
                              And like any good American pilot or co-pilot, I'm going to fall asleep at the controls here. Or am I thinking of Pontius Pilate? Whatever the case, I am going to lay my head down to the pillow here.

A good night to you!
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

And like any good American pilot or co-pilot, I'm going to fall asleep at the controls here. Or am I thinking of Pontius Pilate? Whatever the case, I am going to lay my head down to the pillow here.

A good night to you!
                                It was fun while it lasted. Till next time then....which sadly enough (only because it speaks multitudes about my lack of social agenda) will probably ne tomorrow night.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X