Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the Rodney stuff you see out there is Sidekick Rodney. I still think the McKeller fics will pick up, though, especially if there's more hints of it next season.

Oddly enough, as it relates to the "Romantic Heroes" notion, which I agree is out there, John is INCREDIBLY awkward with displays of affection, just as Rodney is. As for Ronon, well... don't even get me started on him. I'd take ZELENKA before I took him (not that either of them would be offering, lol!).
    It seems like all the leads are exceptionally stunted in terms of intimacy. Sheppard has freely admitted that he's bad with feelings, Ronon seems to still be grieving his wife, or fiance or whatever, and Rodney is just as bad with relationships as John. But whereas Sheppard just refrains from getting even remotely involved, Rodney stumbles in by mistake and then prattles on non-sensically. It's endearing. At least I think it is. And evidently so does Keller. Which is why I want more fic, dag-nabbit.....and breathe.

Sheppard and Ronon are just labelled the romantic heroes 'cause they're supposedly purtier....bah!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Actually, due to the recent ff.net formatting fiasco, I know that both of them were having issues with the site. So here's their website links. Enjoy! Tipper's actually the one who brought me into the fandom, so I've always had a special fondness for her fics.

Tipper: http://megtipper.tripod.com/fanfiction6.htm
      Sholio (friendshipper on LJ): http://friendshipper.laylalawlor.com/
      Oooooooohhhhh....awesome! Thanks.

God....I should so be studying for exams right now....SGA is out to ruin my life....but what a way to go, eh? That's the Canadian in me coming out to play evidently.
      sigpic

Comment

Exams? What are those...? Oh! Are they those things that I'm supposed to have a pencil and knowledge for? Hmm.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Yeah. Those...things...

Although I prefer to think of them as the bane of my existence.

But hey...whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day, right?

Knowledge???? What is this you speak of? I just thought you coloured in those pretty, little ovals in the most eye-catching way possible or in a clever design?
          Have you been sent to disabuse me of this notion?

Ummmm....McKeller is love...?... ?
          sigpic

Comment

I think I'll just turn it sideways and spell out "Rodney [heart] Jen" next time.
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I think I'll just turn it sideways and spell out "Rodney [heart] Jen" next time.
              BWAAAAHHHH!!! If my future didn't depend on those lousy pieces of paper, I would. In a heartbeat. If only to see the look on my T.A's face. Then I'd give him a cookie if he got the reference.
              sigpic

Comment

I wrote two FFs so far, one is Daniel centered and the other one is 100% Rodney. No chance of being a sidekick there because he is alone in the woods. Its 3000 word-ish so I could translate it (translation beta needed - just to look after my use of words and grammar and style), but school starts next week and I guess it will take its time.

There is a slight hint of McBrown in it - but I wrote thing last autumn, there wasn't any Keller around that time.

It was even before I met Jewel at the Collectormania in Milton Keynes...
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Can't blame you for your brief foray into McBrown, iolanda. It was nice just to have ANY romantic situation for our dear Rodney.

I should REALLY be sleeping right now, but since I'm not and I was just on ff.net doing my usual, desperate search for all things Rodney, I'm happy to report a new McKeller fic, by the same author as "Radio Nowhere." It's short, but good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4162754/1/Lift_Me_Up
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Actually, due to the recent ff.net formatting fiasco, I know that both of them were having issues with the site. So here's their website links. Enjoy! Tipper's actually the one who brought me into the fandom, so I've always had a special fondness for her fics.

Tipper: http://megtipper.tripod.com/fanfiction6.htm
                    Sholio (friendshipper on LJ): http://friendshipper.laylalawlor.com/
                    I'll second the recommendation on Sholio. Read EVERYTHING. I've only read a couple by Tipper, but they have been wonderful.

Tazmy, NotTasha, and Ammanalien write excellent Rodney fics as well.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Can't blame you for your brief foray into McBrown, iolanda. It was nice just to have ANY romantic situation for our dear Rodney.

I should REALLY be sleeping right now, but since I'm not and I was just on ff.net doing my usual, desperate search for all things Rodney, I'm happy to report a new McKeller fic, by the same author as "Radio Nowhere." It's short, but good.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4162754/1/Lift_Me_Up
                      that was a good way to quench my McKeller craving!!! (is it bad that i still want more and more stories???? lol. i can't help but be super obsessed with them ) thanks for the rec!
                      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                        (is it bad that i still want more and more stories????
                        If that's BAD, then I don't EVER want to be right!
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

If that's BAD, then I don't EVER want to be right!
                          very true. There's a Bon Jovi song that goes something like that...i'm trying to think of it now...

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                            very true. There's a Bon Jovi song that goes something like that...i'm trying to think of it now...
                            ok, it took me a couple of seconds to think of it. it goes "If people think it's bad, i'll be bad for good." the song's called "Blame it on the love of Rock n Roll."

ohh, and there's another line of the song that goes: "It feels so good, it oughta be illegal." i love that line, it could work for mckeller too. they're too cute for their own good

Comment

This gives the little shipper in me an idea.

Are there any songs that remind you of this little ship-that-could? Or even just any songs that you like enough to associate with McKeller?

I'll start it off with a few that I have playing at the moment. Some are probably more appropriate than others:

'The Scientist' - Coldplay
                              'For the Nights I Can't Remember' - Hedley
                              'Vindicated' - Dashboard Confessional
                              'They All Laughed' - Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald (just an awesome song!)
                              'Dice' - Finley Quaye and William Orbit
                              'Collide' - Howie Day
                              'If You're Gone' - Matchbox 20
                              'Slow Show' - The National
                              'Sway' - The Perishers

Small collection...anybody else?

Maybe this'll even provide you vid makers out there with some brain fodder and we'll get some more pretty, pretty, McKeller vids.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                This gives the little shipper in me an idea.

Are there any songs that remind you of this little ship-that-could? Or even just any songs that you like enough to associate with McKeller?

I'll start it off with a few that I have playing at the moment. Some are probably more appropriate than others:

'The Scientist' - Coldplay
                                'For the Nights I Can't Remember' - Hedley
                                'Vindicated' - Dashboard Confessional
                                'They All Laughed' - Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald (just an awesome song!)
                                'Dice' - Finley Quaye and William Orbit
                                'Collide' - Howie Day
                                'If You're Gone' - Matchbox 20
                                'Slow Show' - The National
                                'Sway' - The Perishers

Small collection...anybody else?

Maybe this'll even provide you vid makers out there with some brain fodder and we'll get some more pretty, pretty, McKeller vids.
                                awesome idea Pandora! my list is short, but here it goes:

1. "Say Goodbye." By Skillet (i'm actually working on a fanfic for this one about mckeller!)
                                2. "Inside Your Heaven." By Carrie Underwood
                                3. "Shine." By Aly & AJ
                                4. "My Heart Will Go On." By Celine Dion. (some of the lines really work like, for example: "love was when i loved you, one true time, i hold to." and "love can touch us one time, and last for a lifetime, and never let got 'till, we're gone...")

...i'll probably think of more in school tomorrow. i need something to distract me

Comment

Working...
                                X