Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    So I'm sitting here in my nice, warm lecture hall eagerly (HAH!) awaiting the arrival of my prof. I should be rereading my lecture notes but noooo...what am I doing instead? Surfing the web. And what do I happen to find? Oh nothing...unless you're a McKeller fan. If you're a McKeller fan then I found something. And that something would be a brand spankin' new chapter to Radio Nowhere.

Think I can finish it before my lecture starts, or shall I save the awesomeness to cheer me up after I finish listening to 2 hours worth of Ancient Greek Civ (which is normally interesting) spoken in monotone?
    the new chapter of Radio Nowhere was awesome!!! i really don't like cliffies though
    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      I have finally saw Trio and let me say I am fully a McKeller shipper and I am so happy that I have people to discuss it with. Killdeer I was like you with Keller almost wrote her off but Trio changed my mind and loved her interactions with Rodney in the ep so much in one ep humor drama and touching moments for ship I just joined the community can't wait to see Last Man.
      Welcome to the fold! Our power is growing.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
        Welcome to the fold! Our power is growing.
        why, yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
          why, yes it is
          How many members now?
          -------------------

sigpic
          Made by Camy

Proud member of Beer? Because they are adorkable!

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
            Ah!! I wonder what you decided... but you left out the best option of all -- reading it DURING the lecture. It's a great chapter, though.
            That might have been what I ended up doing. Sigh...I have no self-control or willpower when it comes to Rodney McKay. Now if only he were real and could take advantage of that.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            I have finally saw Trio and let me say I am fully a McKeller shipper and I am so happy that I have people to discuss it with. Killdeer I was like you with Keller almost wrote her off but Trio changed my mind and loved her interactions with Rodney in the ep so much in one ep humor drama and touching moments for ship I just joined the community can't wait to see Last Man.
            WELCOME!! Welcome to the fold. Trio was classic and it was the starting point of the little ship that could. Between you and me....and everyone else...I liked it more than TLM. Travesty? Am I a blasphemer? Will I be burned in the fires of Hell (or those of the Ori)?

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
            the new chapter of Radio Nowhere was awesome!!! i really don't like cliffies though
            Sadly, that whole fic is one cliffie right after another. I swear the author is playing mind games with us....

"How long can they hold out for the next chapter before tearing their hairs out and bursting into fits of insanity?" she asks herself, her gleeful face illuminated by the bright, blue glow of the computer screen. Her fingers pause, hovering over the keys as a slow, devious smile spreads across her face. The corners of her eyes crinkle as she lets out a low chuckle, a soft laugh that grows louder as she her hand lift from the keyboard to swiftly curl in her lap. She pushes away from the desk now with tears in her eyes, so deeply is she laughing, her decision made. This can wait. The words and sentences will come later. The readers can wait - their anticipation building with every day left hanging on the edge of suspense.

How many members you ask? No idea. But sady we are not as numerous as those other shippers. You know the ones...the ones that got excited during That Episode of Which We Will Never Speak. TEoWWWNS??

I need sleep.
            sigpic

Comment

That might have been what I ended up doing. Sigh...I have no self-control or willpower when it comes to Rodney McKay. Now if only he were real and could take advantage of that.

WELCOME!! Welcome to the fold. Trio was classic and it was the starting point of the little ship that could. Between you and me....and everyone else...I liked it more than TLM. Travesty? Am I a blasphemer? Will I be burned in the fires of Hell (or those of the Ori)?

Sadly, that whole fic is one cliffie right after another. I swear the author is playing mind games with us....

"How long can they hold out for the next chapter before tearing their hairs out and bursting into fits of insanity?" she asks herself, her gleeful face illuminated by the bright, blue glow of the computer screen. Her fingers pause, hovering over the keys as a slow, devious smile spreads across her face. The corners of her eyes crinkle as she lets out a low chuckle, a soft laugh that grows louder as she her hand lift from the keyboard to swiftly curl in her lap. She pushes away from the desk now with tears in her eyes, so deeply is she laughing, her decision made. This can wait. The words and sentences will come later. The readers can wait - their anticipation building with every day left hanging on the edge of suspense.

How many members you ask? No idea. But sady we are not as numerous as those other shippers. You know the ones...the ones that got excited during That Episode of Which We Will Never Speak. TEoWWWNS??

I need sleep.
              Oh, this one. I know that you can check how many members you have, if you are the creator of the community. (and moderator?)
              -------------------

sigpic
              Made by Camy

Comment

Oh. You meant that you actually wanted a number from the community. Huh. Guess that makes me look...oh...at least ten kinds of stupid for not getting that.

16. 16 members in less than 10 days. 8 days to be precise.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ha....cough.
                sigpic

Comment

Lol! TEOWWWNS. I like it. And you're right, they are sadly much more numerous. I think it's because Jason Mamoa is supposedly the Pinnacle of Hot and our David is supposedly... well...

As for RN's cliffhanger, I was myself thinking "So, so, SO not cool!" at the end. And Rodney better let go of this "undeserving" business; the dear man is frustrating me so.
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

But he's just so yummy all vulnerable and confused and confuddled. He wouldn't be Rodney McKay if he weren't impossible at social interactions and intimacy.

Also, I like how the author is writing Keller in this as well. It's very much how I see her on the show - calm, patient. I hesitate to say calculated 'cause it makes her sound cold but I can't help but get the feeling that she's very controlled most of the time. I wonder why that is.
                    sigpic

Comment

But he's just so yummy all vulnerable and confused and confuddled. He wouldn't be Rodney McKay if he weren't impossible at social interactions and intimacy.

Also, I like how the author is writing Keller in this as well. It's very much how I see her on the show - calm, patient. I hesitate to say calculated 'cause it makes her sound cold but I can't help but get the feeling that she's very controlled most of the time. I wonder why that is.
                      Oh, don't get me wrong. He's beyond adorable in this story, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but since you care so much about him, it's frustrating at the same time that he thinks of himself the way he does, if you follow what I mean.

Yeah, I like Keller's portrayal also. I think they've striked the right tone between her natural fear and unease with their dire predicament and her calm demeanor, especially when "handling" Rodney. I LOVED the little exchange where he was naming flaws and she just had an answer ready for everything.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I am re-watching season 4 with new eyes! Though you might thing that its all Rodney/Kathie in the start there are glimpses of Rodney/Jennifer right from the start. Though she is a medical doctor (and according to S1!Rodney, medicine is next to voodoo), he calls her a genius, in Tabula Rasa, she is with him about the Kathiegirl and so on.
                        Though a lot of people say so - its nothing which comes out of the cold and is suddenly there - it develops.

Just hope TPTB won't drop it in S5
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                          While I agree that Katie was not for him, I would like to disagree with the idea that there was nothing there. The ending scene in Tabula Rasa sold me on his feelings. I also think it helped him mature to the point he was ready for the teaser of a relationship we saw in The Last Man.

I think Keller is a much better fit for Rodney, but I don't know that he would be emotionally ready for a serious relationship without having dated Katie. She was too sweet and gentle, but I think she helped him feel he was worthy of being loved, and he learned how to put the feelings of someone else above his own.
                          I absolutely agree - I quite liked the Rodney/Katie relationship while it lasted, but it didn't ever feel 'real' enough to me. They were sweet, but it didn't run deep. But I completely agree on the point that the Rodney/Katie relationship was necessary for his emotional development, and now he's ready to get serious. You know, without having a panic attack...

Does anyone know where I can find good caps from The Last Man?
                          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                            I am re-watching season 4 with new eyes! Though you might thing that its all Rodney/Kathie in the start there are glimpses of Rodney/Jennifer right from the start. Though she is a medical doctor (and according to S1!Rodney, medicine is next to voodoo), he calls her a genius, in Tabula Rasa, she is with him about the Kathiegirl and so on.
                            Though a lot of people say so - its nothing which comes out of the cold and is suddenly there - it develops.

Just hope TPTB won't drop it in S5
                            if they do, i'll guarantee that you'll hear me screaming
                            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                              me too JT4L!!!!! there better be some secret glances, and maybe some weird looks from our favorite Colonel

i know they set the reset button, but they kinda have to do something with the relationship. Some may argue that even though Jack and Sam were together in alternate timelines and universes, they weren't together in this universe, so Rodney and Jennifer have no chance at getting together. I hope this isn't the case, and that they give us our well deserved McKeller goodness!!! (and hopefully some more John/Teyla too!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                                Me too!
                                -------------------

sigpic
                                Made by Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X