No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic: I hate when we have to, spread some reputation, before giving a green to someone again,l how many greens do I have to give before that???

Back to topic:

I dont want it to become a soap opra.. I wouldn't like that..It would change way to much the show, but that's not the direction there taking, there just, well everything you said, stargatehero. So I do agree with you iolanda, other then I do squee at all the Mckeller moments

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
      Off topic: I hate when we have to, spread some reputation, before giving a green to someone again,l how many greens do I have to give before that???

Back to topic:

I dont want it to become a soap opra.. I wouldn't like that..It would change way to much the show, but that's not the direction there taking, there just, well everything you said, stargatehero. So I do agree with you iolanda, other then I do squee at all the Mckeller moments
      I have no idea, i was actually thinking about that myself the other day.

as much as i want my ships to happen, the reason i watch SciFi is because it's NOT at soap opera. so i understand what iolanda is saying, but i want my ships.

don't know if that made sense, but it did in my head
      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
        I have no idea, i was actually thinking about that myself the other day.

as much as i want my ships to happen, the reason i watch SciFi is because it's NOT at soap opera. so i understand what iolanda is saying, but i want my ships.

don't know if that made sense, but it did in my head
        Yeah It made sense I agree, I want my ships too happen.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
          Yeah It made sense I agree, I want my ships too happen.
          ok, good. at least i'm not losing my mind...completely

me want shippy moments!!

Comment

ok, good. at least i'm not losing my mind...completely

me want shippy moments!!
            lol,
            Me too

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't think any of us want Atlantis to turn into The Romance Hour. But there's not much risk of that, I don't think. There's no reason to think they won't continue handling it the way they have been so far, and the way they've been doing it has been fantastic! We've been given plenty to get excited about, without it detracting from the episodes.
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                Oh yeah, I don't think any of us want Atlantis to turn into The Romance Hour. But there's not much risk of that, I don't think. There's no reason to think they won't continue handling it the way they have been so far, and the way they've been doing it has been fantastic! We've been given plenty to get excited about, without it detracting from the episodes.
                I really hate the thing about not alowing me too green people, I wanted to green you
                Yeah, I'm really happy how the writers are handling the whole Mckeller ship

Comment

By the way, for anyone who hasn't joined the McKeller GW group, join up here: http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=34

I was surprised to come across it. For some reason, I didn't know it was there!
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

By the way, for anyone who hasn't joined the McKeller GW group, join up here: http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php?groupid=34

What?? There a group?? *goes to check it out, and joins*
                    Thanks

Comment

i didn't know either! *joins*

Comment

So, no McKeller in this episode, but I definitely liked it. The parallel universe stories are always fun. And I liked the Rodney/Teyla interaction, especially the end. A shame we didn't get to see Jennifer at the end, but it obviously wasn't worth making Jewel come in just for that scene, so I understand why she wasn't there.
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

As for how and why love endures, I often hear people say that it's incredibly difficult and you have to tirelessly work at it. Perhaps I'm too optimistic, but I've always felt that when you truly love someone enough to share your life with them, it shouldn't feel like work. It should just be something you want to do, and therefore not difficult. But I'm hopeless that way.
                          My experience is, when it's just the two of you, and life is generally good, then yeah, it's no problem.

But then comes life: . . . (spoilered for length)
                          Spoiler:

. . . the kid(s) and their problems, aging sick parents who can't take care of themselves anymore, awful work situations, financial and health struggles and a president/government sending your country down the economic, environmental and international relations potty. That's when the real test comes. Then what happens is this dream of a friend/lover is now the person that you spend all this time talking and hashing out all this unpleasantness with in order to keep your family ship afloat. You become too exhausted surviving to have fun anymore.

That's when the real "work" begins. You have to make time for each other, and make sure you can set aside all that other nonsense and relax enough to just be together as friends/ lovers. It's not easy finding that time when you are both at the same place both geographically and mentally. It's not always easy to do, especially if you've got several of the above external stresses cooking at once. If you have a good foundation, however, I think you eventually come out of the storm and are still together. But during the storm? Yeah, it is work - really, really hard work.

And 16+ years in, I woudln't trade it for anything.

Comment

So, no McKeller in this episode, but I definitely liked it. The parallel universe stories are always fun. And I liked the Rodney/Teyla interaction, especially the end. A shame we didn't get to see Jennifer at the end, but it obviously wasn't worth making Jewel come in just for that scene, so I understand why she wasn't there.
                            this was a true team episode, and i absolutely loved it! they really need to do more like these. my favorite aspect of the show (besides searching out shippy moments) is watching the team work together. Seeing them together makes me just as bubbly and happy inside as when i see a shippy moment. I really thought it was spectacualr. my heart was racing at a million miles an hour the entire time.

now i'm off to read Breaking Dawn, so i'll talk to you guys when i'm done with it!

Comment

this was a true team episode, and i absolutely loved it! they really need to do more like these. my favorite aspect of the show (besides searching out shippy moments) is watching the team work together. Seeing them together makes me just as bubbly and happy inside as when i see a shippy moment. I really thought it was spectacualr. my heart was racing at a million miles an hour the entire time.

now i'm off to read Breaking Dawn, so i'll talk to you guys when i'm done with it!
                              Yeah! I agree, I love it when there's some team moments, or some funny moments. I was sad too not see any Mckeller moments, but I guess They can't have some in every episode I want to buy it on itunes, but it's only available in the states for the moment...

Comment

Yep no shippy moments, which is good cause there should be a lack of whining about it for this ep.

although i was disapointed to see on the main page the spoilers for infection gained 4 pages of mckeller/keller hate.

I know i want it canon but i strongly believe that tptb havent gone overboard as yet with the interaction i think its still at that place where i can shippy-spin it but others can take it as friendship. it seems that there not even allowed to be friends as it brings 1 or both of them down as characters. i disagree totaly with that idea as i think ot shows growth in both of them.
                                sigpic
                                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Working...
                                X