Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Hmm, I am a slasher gal myself and I also think Keller is a little on the young side for Rodney but if it was a choice between Keller and Brown.... Keller is the better choice imho. I think out of all the canon females he could be involved with Keller makes a lot of sense.

I still think Teyla has a thing for Rodney though.
    In agreement with Willow, mostly. If they have to ship Rodney, I'd believe him with Keller more than anyone else, voodoo practitioner or not.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Mckeller View Post
      just wondering if there's any other McKay Keller shippers out there I feel like there's been an interesting chemistry there so far.
      Even with the little we have seen between the two of them, I must admit they started on the right foot. They have an easy friendship already and from the spoilers...
      Spoiler:
      they seem to become good friends. However no McKeller this season. The romance is elsewhere for both of them. He with Katie and She with ... well people guessed Ronon but I really don't know.
      You might get your wish in season five* cross fingers*.

Comment

By heart I'm a McKay/Weir shipper, but I also like to multiship. I do like Rodney/Teyla and I'm really going to try to give Rodney/Katie a chance this season...

But when Joe Mallozzi posted some pictures on his blog
        Spoiler:
        It looked like Keller and Rodney together on earth

I wondered what kind of relationship is going to develop between the two.

I think I'll become a friendshipper at least, i'll give it a chance before I try becoming a relation-shipper but if they have canon Rodney/Katie and Rodney/Keller in one season, my head might explode, lol!

oh, I guess I should post a link to the pictures, check out these posts:

Warning *spoilers* but I have't a clue for what.
        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-28-2007.html
        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-29-2007.html
        (for all those who are already shippers, that first picture might be love in the second blog link there, hehe)
        Last edited by nebulan; 09 October 2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for those links Nebulan
          season four speculation spoilers warning warning!
          Spoiler:
          those are interesting pics, I wonder what they are doing on earth and why Keller looks so surprised in that one shot?
          sigpic

Comment

I must admit, it did seem from Adrift that Keller may have a bit of a thing for Rodney. Who knows what will happen there though?

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber View Post
              I must admit, it did seem from Adrift that Keller may have a bit of a thing for Rodney. Who knows what will happen there though?
              Not sure about the 'thing' for Rodney in Adrift but genuine friendship because of a common goal...
              Spoiler:
              saving Elizabeth. They both wanted to save her desperately, disobeying Sheppard's order. So adversity brought them together.
              I also think that with Carson gone Rodney has this compulsion to stay close to the infirmary where he has memories of his best friend.

Also there's a nice chemistry between the two of them. Ok, I guess she might have a thing for Rodney. In Doppleganger...
              Spoiler:
              Keller has this funny scene with Rodney and Radek where they both walk around her all flustered. A bit later when the entity is in Rodney she seems more worried them the team. And the big moment, Rodney's cardiac arrest was greatly done, but not ship worthy... or only for slashers.

Comment

we had a moment at the end of trio last night
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  I just thought it was funny that people wanted to pair her off with Ronon gee I wonder who that is would it be the Sheyla shippers. I think TPTB had this in their mind IMHO Keller with Rodney, BLonde, doctor. Not there's anything wrong with their views the Sheyla shippers they can have anything they want in their AU just like I can in my AU.
                  Hmmm well I am a Sheyla and I didn't want Keller & Ronon so I resent that remark! What is it with folks hating John/Teyla? Anyway, lol.

I quite liked the scene at the end of Trio.. I was like... I can buy into that!
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

If a Keller/McKay relationship were to happen then i wouldnt be against it. Im not sure if i really want it to happen but i dont not want it to happen, if that makes sense. My impression of Keller really improved after watching "Trio".

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                      If a Keller/McKay relationship were to happen then i wouldnt be against it. Im not sure if i really want it to happen but i dont not want it to happen, if that makes sense. My impression of Keller really improved after watching "Trio".
                      Yeah, I liked that she just sucked up her fear of heights, while Rodney took a while to come to terms with it

I hope we see more of this... especially since the
                      Spoiler:
                      almost kiss in Qurantine.

Comment

After seeing Trio, I think I could possibly get behind this ship! Much much better than Ronon/Keller anyway. Keller has more of a personality with McKay and I really enjoyed their interaction this episode.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                          If a Keller/McKay relationship were to happen then i wouldnt be against it. Im not sure if i really want it to happen but i dont not want it to happen, if that makes sense.
                          This is my stance on it too. At least this ship is better than Keller/Ronon. I think maybe Mckay could make Keller a more interesting character, while yes its sad that a guy has to be there to make her interesting at least she will be interesting. The same thing happened with Teyla IMOP, she was just kind of boring/I don't care about her/just there, but once Ronon came into the picture her character just sort of developed.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            This is my stance on it too. At least this ship is better than Keller/Ronon. I think maybe Mckay could make Keller a more interesting character, while yes its sad that a guy has to be there to make her interesting at least she will be interesting. The same thing happened with Teyla IMOP, she was just kind of boring/I don't care about her/just there, but once Ronon came into the picture her character just sort of developed.
                            I think the dynamic between those two 'ships is completely different. Teyla's character changed when Ronon came in because she felt she could relate to him because he, like her, is an 'outsider' (as she says to John in Sateda). Keller and Rodney don't have that but they have this kind of... it's not really a friendship but I think she'd be good for ROdney - better than Katie anyway. I think Keller is the type of person that would tell Rodney when he's being a bit of a bum, shall we say.

God, can we imagine Rodney dating a MD? He'll have even more excuse to be in the infirmary.

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              I think the dynamic between those two 'ships is completely different. Teyla's character changed when Ronon came in because she felt she could relate to him because he, like her, is an 'outsider' (as she says to John in Sateda). Keller and Rodney don't have that but they have this kind of... it's not really a friendship but I think she'd be good for ROdney - better than Katie anyway. I think Keller is the type of person that would tell Rodney when he's being a bit of a bum, shall we say.

God, can we imagine Rodney dating a MD? He'll have even more excuse to be in the infirmary.
                              Oh totally the dynamic is different I agree, I was just comparing that Keller like Teyla could benefit not necessarily from ship but from interacting with Rodney. I see Keller being able to tell Rodney to stfu when needed, which you know would be awesome. Just to see Rodney do a mental of flail of oh no she didn't. lol. I think she likes Rodney enough to flirt with him. I guess we'll see where they go with this.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Well, I wasn't sold on the idea of Keller to begin with and Keller/Ronon is just wrong, but after seeing Trio...DAMN, that idea never even occurred to me, but she seemed to shined with Rodney and show more of a personality trait that can match Rodney's beautifully and not come off as airheaded as she was before.

So, I was pleasantly surprised because Rodney is growing on me since Season 3 and Keller was NOT and now, well she really did show me a side of her that I liked but so far only with Rodney...not even when she was with Teyla in Missing did I find her character to be worthy of being in Atlantis...

GO RODNEY!!!! he finally found someone in Atlantis!!!! Woohoo!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X