Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    Whats breaking Dawn?
    it's the fourth and final installment in the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer. It's a vampire love story, and it's absolutely amazing. Me and all of my friends went to the midnight party at Barnes and Noble last night, and I was the fourth one to get the book into my hands! I would recommend this book series to anyone. It's extremely enticing.
    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

I noticed something at the end of Daedalus Variations. Though not McKeller still interesting:

Spoiler:
      The possibility of McKay becoming a father in future Atlantis seasons? Tayla meantioning that McKay might be a good father was probably tbtp's way of testing how the fans react to the idea. Gimme McKeller babies in the future
      sigpic
      Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
      RIP Nuada

Comment

Glad the book isn't disappointing, Hero.

As for the
        Spoiler:
        bit about Rodney being a father at the end of 'Variations,' I loved his reaction- it wasn't disgust or "oh, I could never." He looked like he was actually entertaining the possibility, which shows how much he's grown since the series started.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Spoiler:
          I thought that was a comment about how they switched the Baby story when RL announced she was pregnant.

Originally McKay was meant to knock Katie Brown up, but TPTB realsied they couldn't do two Babystories in one season, So they canned the McKay baby and went with Teyla being preggers.

I'm going to hold my hands up and admit i'm not as...excitable over McKeller as some of you lovely people in here are, But i think it works... well what little we've seen so far.

My only hope is that they don't do a Jack/Sam with them and draw it out over number of seasons.

Finally a question for eveyone... How would you want McKeller to be confirmed on screen as happening? Subtly or in your face?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Subtly. I want it to slowly grow over this season and maybe half of season 6. This allows for a lot of cute and cuddly McKeller moments .
            sigpic
            Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
            RIP Nuada

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              Glad the book isn't disappointing, Hero.

As for the
              Spoiler:
              bit about Rodney being a father at the end of 'Variations,' I loved his reaction- it wasn't disgust or "oh, I could never." He looked like he was actually entertaining the possibility, which shows how much he's grown since the series started.
              yes, it's amazing

Spoiler:
              i loved the reaction too. he looked a little firghtened, but then when he saw Torren's face, and said "hey little guy" he looked like he was enjoying it a lot, and it really touched me.

Spoiler:
              I thought that was a comment about how they switched the Baby story when RL announced she was pregnant.

Originally McKay was meant to knock Katie Brown up, but TPTB realsied they couldn't do two Babystories in one season, So they canned the McKay baby and went with Teyla being preggers.

I'm going to hold my hands up and admit i'm not as...excitable over McKeller as some of you lovely people in here are, But i think it works... well what little we've seen so far.

My only hope is that they don't do a Jack/Sam with them and draw it out over number of seasons.

Finally a question for eveyone... How would you want McKeller to be confirmed on screen as happening? Subtly or in your face?
              Spoiler:
              I'm so happy that the whole thing with Katie didn't happen...that would've been horrible on so many levels. (i'm probably a little biased saying that, but still.

same here. i really hope that they don't pull a Jack/Sam as well. that would just kill me!!!

i really don't know how i want mckeller to be confirmed on screen. another kiss would be nice, but i would also love the little scenes as well. like catching each other's eye in the briefing room, or him going to just say hi to her in the infirmary. although i don't have complete faith in TPTB, since they've been handling mckeller so well this season, it's made me feel a little more at ease about it.

Comment

I think we can get an obvious and satisfying on-screen confirmation without it going over-the-top. In addition to drawing it out over seasons, the problem with Jack and Sam was that there were a few episodes that were basically all about the ship. And after going to all that trouble, it never actually went anywhere anyway.

I just can't see entire episodes being ALL about McKeller. I'd be skeptical and excited simultaneously probably if they tried, but I definitely hope they don't.

If you stop and think about how many 30-second or a minute or two-minute scenes there are in every episode, they could easily give us McKeller subtly.
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post
                  Subtly. I want it to slowly grow over this season and maybe half of season 6. This allows for a lot of cute and cuddly McKeller moments .
                  just as long as the don't make it as subtle and as long as the samjack ship (11 years is a little long don't ya think tptb?) but it works. just look over at the sj forum if they make it subtle I won't mind it'll just make every little scene that much more special if it ends with conformation I'm all for it!!!!! because if it goes too quickly (sort of like with katie, that was a shocker) it'll either end quickly as well or draw all the romance out of the relationship.... that'll be disapointing
                  + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                  And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

I think we can get an obvious and satisfying on-screen confirmation without it going over-the-top. In addition to drawing it out over seasons, the problem with Jack and Sam was that there were a few episodes that were basically all about the ship. And after going to all that trouble, it never actually went anywhere anyway.

I just can't see entire episodes being ALL about McKeller. I'd be skeptical and excited simultaneously probably if they tried, but I definitely hope they don't.

If you stop and think about how many 30-second or a minute or two-minute scenes there are in every episode, they could easily give us McKeller subtly.
                    I would actually like ship episodes. like they did with samjack, you would have the a story, the ship and the b story to keep the plot going *thinks of upgrades and threads* the episodes weren't just about the ship but it was ship centered and I liked that. that way we get little leaps here and there in the ship instead of little steeps.
                    + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                    And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Spoiler:

I am not a fan of lots of ship in a show. I like scenes and small arcs over episodes, but I don't want the majority of an episode to focus on a ship. TLM is a good example of what I'd like to see for Mckeller, and also Trio if a little more overt.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis sg1 View Post
                        I would actually like ship episodes. like they did with samjack, you would have the a story, the ship and the b story to keep the plot going *thinks of upgrades and threads* the episodes weren't just about the ship but it was ship centered and I liked that. that way we get little leaps here and there in the ship instead of little steeps.
                        Threads is one of my all-time favorite episodes, actually. Hmm...
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Threads is one of my all-time favorite episodes, actually. Hmm...
                          me too! Threads is absolutely amazing. Prometheus Unbound is another one of my all time favorite episodes.

Also i love "The Long Goodbye" because of the tiny J/T scene in it. ("He cares about you a lot more than you know")

TLG also reminds me of in "Divide and Conquer" when jack says that he cares about sam a lot more than he's supposed too.

what i'm going at here, is that i'd love to see a mckeller scene like that. KK suggesting 'threads' got me thinking a little bit...

Comment

Yeah, while I've never been a huge fan of Jack/Sam, I thought it was handled well in "Threads." I just hope McKeller doesn't have the angst that Jack/Sam got saddled with later on in its run. I feel really bad for the Jack/Sam shippers, because TPTB essentially made it canon, but never followed through.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Yeah, while I've never been a huge fan of Jack/Sam, I thought it was handled well in "Threads." I just hope McKeller doesn't have the angst that Jack/Sam got saddled with later on in its run. I feel really bad for the Jack/Sam shippers, because TPTB essentially made it canon, but never followed through.
                              i am a sam/jack shipper, but i'm not obsessed with them like i am with mckeller, j/t and daniel/vala. I also thought that it was handled really well in threads as well. that's why it's one of my favorite sg-1 episodes. it was good-bye pete (thank god!!!), and just when i thought that sam was going to finally tell jack-BAM! it doesn't happen. that left me in like a wreck for a day or too you would think in Continuum...

Spoiler:
                              that they would've at least had a 1 minute scene with jack and sam to give the shippers some closure! just one minute! is that too much to ask? apparently it is.

but, if TPTB give us all of these moments that seem to be in the spoilers, and they don't follow through, i'm going to be so flippin' mad! i mean, they had their sick fun playing with jack and sam, it just wouldn't be right to do the same thing with mckeller! it just wouldn't be right!

Comment

Yeah, if it were to go nowhere after all of this nice build-up, it would be pretty depressing (especially if it was in favor of Ronon/Jen, which hasn't had any build-up at all). Poor S/J shippers have been strung along since like Season 4. This wouldn't be as epic in scale, but it certainly would be irritating!
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X