Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    yeah its awesome hey . What episode you up to?
    lol! <ahem> only the last one to go now. I have no will power!

(But I do have the movie too )
    scarimor

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...._keller.shtml

Comment

Hey, when does S4 start in the U.S. again? Btw, does anyone know of any place I can try to watch it online, b/c I don't have cable
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          Hey, when does S4 start in the U.S. again? Btw, does anyone know of any place I can try to watch it online, b/c I don't have cable

It starts on Sept. 28th and they'll have it on iTunes beginning Sept. 29th

Comment

Yay, thank you
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

What nationalities are Jewel's parents? She's listed as "Canadian," but that doesn't really mean anything, it's like saying "American." She looks too exotic to just be Anglo.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Wow fantastic interview with Jewel here on GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...f_change.shtml

And did you see her latest MySpace blog entry?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=312690987

LOL! She's a trip and I think a fantastic and fun addition to the show.

BTW...I noticed a promo shot of her on the MGM Stargate site on the far left of the banner at the very top of the page...but I can't find a good size version of it anywhere.

http://stargate.mgm.com/

Anyone have any ideas as to where I might be able to acquire it?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  What nationalities are Jewel's parents? She's listed as "Canadian," but that doesn't really mean anything, it's like saying "American." She looks too exotic to just be Anglo.
                  exotic? LOL, Whatever

I am going to take a wild slightly educated guess and say she is mainly of French, German and English ancestry

you do know that Anglo means different things in different places right?
                  Last edited by Col. Newman; 24 September 2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The new season starts later this week, so I thought I would join this thread as well. I just read the interview with Jewel Staite on the site, and from what I read, she must be a lovely lady. I look forward to seeing her on the show - as the new doctor! Hm.
                    I'm not sure about the exotic part though (:

Comment

She is lovely!!! She became one of my faves when I met her on FedCon She loves the fans of Paul McGillion

Comment

I like the way they introduced her,she didn't come in and just take over....She wasn't sure if she was up to taking over from Beckett as she knows how good a Doctor he was and she wasn't sure if she could live up to that so i'm really pleased about how they wrote her into the story....i'm sure she will do a great job,i'm really looking forward to seeing more of her in S4 and hoping they develop a friendship with Keller and Teyla!

p.s.Also loved her in Firefly and from the interview i read on the gateworld homepage she sounds like a really sweet person!
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see her on the show. Only 5 more days!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I'm going to miss the sweet ol' Scotsman, but I'm reeeeally hoping this works out for Jewel. Sweet kid. And the actors from Firefly seem to have an awful time with their shows getting cancelled recently.

(Side tidbit: Summer Glau who played River in Firefly and Serenity has a new show coming out soon as well. 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' I think.)

Best of luck to them both!

Sig by sofie

Comment

Originally posted by AngelmaOwl View Post
                              I'm going to miss the sweet ol' Scotsman, but I'm reeeeally hoping this works out for Jewel. Sweet kid. And the actors from Firefly seem to have an awful time with their shows getting cancelled recently.

(Side tidbit: Summer Glau who played River in Firefly and Serenity has a new show coming out soon as well. 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' I think.)

Best of luck to them both!

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              Summer Glau is also a recurring character on the 4400,she does an excellent job too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
                                exotic? LOL, Whatever

I am going to take a wild slightly educated guess and say she is mainly of French, German and English ancestry

you do know that Anglo means different things in different places right?
                                Thanks...

Two points though: 1. To me, "Anglo" means someone of United Kingdom-related or Germanic genetic ancestry. 2. "Exotic" is a modeling term often used to describe anyone that isn't 100% Anglo or 100% African in terms of genetic ancestry.
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X