Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for another sad interruption:

Unfortunately, my school community has recently suffered another loss. One of our English teachers lost his wife (Maggie Beirne) last week to undiagnosed epilepsy and he has been left to care for their twin 18-month-old son and daughter. Please pray for him and the family, especially in this Christmas season. Thank you.
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I noticed out there there wasn't a thread to discuss this greatactor and character. Discuss at your will, post pic's, but the rules on spoilers, image sizes, etc still stand.

Post away!
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I like Keller. That's right, I said it. I'm positing in response to the downright hostile posts about her, especially in the Quarantine pages. A hostility that I don't understand what so ever.

*SPOILERS TO FOLLOW FOR SEASONS 3 AND 4* Of course, if you haven't seen seasons 3 or 4, I don't see why you'd be reading about Dr. Keller, but such is life.

Keller is a great character because she leaves a lot of room for character development. As a civilian, she brings a different presence to the show than a Fraiser did. Yes, she is young and insecure, but that's changing a lot. After Missing, she showed herself to be brave and that she could stand up for herself. It was one of the biggest changes to a character in one episode that I've ever seen.

At the end of the day, she's a good doctor. She saves lives and she stitches everyone up with a smile. She's also creative, since it was her idea to use the nanites to save Weir. She's dedicated too, since in Quarantine, all sh wanted was to get out there and save lives.

Jewel herself also is a good actress. I haven't seen her in too many things, but she seems willing to grow her characters and understand them.

So, at the end of the day, Keller is a good doctor and an interesting person. And she's more than earned the right for people to say nice things about her instead of being upset that she's not someone else.
        Last edited by Amalthea; 22 January 2008, 12:52 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

There's hostile posts about her??? Why,i don't understand.....I for one like her and i think Jewel is a fabulous Actress,first time i saw hwer was on Firefly and she was brill in that,i was a little disappointed that Beckett got killed off...
          Spoiler:
          Or did he
          ,it was great to have a fellow Scot on a show i like,don't get many of them...Anywho back to Keller,since taking over she's done a great job...

I think she's more of a reluctant hero,she sometimes seems kinda wimpy but when push comes to shove she'd be right in there saving someone's life no matter the danger!
          sigpic

Comment

i agree...

she's a nice addition to the Atlantis team

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Well, I'm the first to admit when Carson died I felt that whoever took his place would be awful. Unfortunately when it was announced that Jewel Staite was joining the crew I had a feeling I would like her. When she first popped up she was annoying but in the first episode of the fourth season she began to grow on me and while she can appear weak at times she is a dedicated doctor and has a good heart. Jewel Staite is a fantastic actress and has conveyed the humanity of the character quite well.

sig by nicole9514

Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis

My Ronon/Keller Fan Vids:
              1/27/08 - Somewhere I Belong
              Youtube
              High Quality Stage6 & Download

Comment

she's definitely become a character i'll be looking for more of

M

Comment

Originally posted by writeangel View Post
                  Well, I'm the first to admit when Carson died I felt that whoever took his place would be awful. Unfortunately when it was announced that Jewel Staite was joining the crew I had a feeling I would like her. When she first popped up she was annoying but in the first episode of the fourth season she began to grow on me and while she can appear weak at times she is a dedicated doctor and has a good heart. Jewel Staite is a fantastic actress and has conveyed the humanity of the character quite well.
                  I hated the way TPTB got rid Beckett too.
                  But I love JS, so I had hope. IMO when she first came SGA she is SUPPOSED to be annoying and wimpy. All the other characters have a backstory & have earnnd their places in SGA.
                  Keller needs time to devlope her experience & character.

Oh god, can you imagine the OUTRAGE at a MarySue doctor. I am glad TPTB went in the kinda-like-a-real-person direction instead of have her be kick-a$$ good at everything doctor.

Come to think of it. Carson was annoying & wimpy & full of self-doubt when he came to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon View Post
                    I hated the way TPTB got rid Beckett too.
                    But I love JS, so I had hope. IMO when she first came SGA she is SUPPOSED to be annoying and wimpy. All the other characters have a backstory & have earnnd their places in SGA.
                    Keller needs time to devlope her experience & character.

Oh god, can you imagine the OUTRAGE at a MarySue doctor. I am glad TPTB went in the kinda-like-a-real-person direction instead of have her be kick-a$$ good at everything doctor.

Come to think of it. Carson was annoying & wimpy & full of self-doubt when he came to Atlantis.
                    He might have been wimpy but he was NEVER annoying! Well, maybe a little but I already had so much love for Paul McGillion that I didn't really notice.

Back on topic , JS was following in huge footsteps and luckily tptb handled the her entrance pretty well.

Oh, and I watch FNL also.....god I love that show.

sig by nicole9514

Voting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantis

My Ronon/Keller Fan Vids:
                    1/27/08 - Somewhere I Belong
                    Youtube
                    High Quality Stage6 & Download

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
                      i agree...

she's a nice addition to the Atlantis team

M
                      she's definitely become a character i'll be looking for more of

M
                      I completely agree with ya at first i wasn't sure if she was going to be any good but after watching some of the episodes she was in like Adrift, Doppelganger and Quarantine are some good examples.

I really thought she was great in those episodes and I'm really looking forward to seeing her in more.

Comment

Dr. Keller's become one of my favorite characters. Now, I've never seen any episodes with Beckett, so I don't have a frame of reference to compare the two.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

i personally love Dr. Keller's character. i think she's an excellent addition to the Atlantis team. i hate how people are so nasty about her. i miss beckett but, dr. keller is an awesome cast member as well! i want them to bring beckett back but, i'm really looking forward to seeing more of her.
                          thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                            i personally love Dr. Keller's character. i think she's an excellent addition to the Atlantis team. i hate how people are so nasty about her. i miss beckett but, dr. keller is an awesome cast member as well! i want them to bring beckett back but, i'm really looking forward to seeing more of her.
                            Yeah i'm the same as you....I was like why *cries* why did thet have to kill Beckett....I love Beckett and i really hope we see more of him in S5 but at the same time i love Keller and i hope we see more of her in S5 too...Boy am i stuck in a dilemma.....Would it work if we had two Docs on call!!! *dreams manically*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Would it work if we had two Docs on call!!! *dreams manically*

Don't see why not... Atlantis is definitely big enough to have two 'sick bays' lol

M

Comment

Don't see why not... Atlantis is definitely big enough to have two 'sick bays' lol

M
                                Oh coolie and the amount of times they get into trouble i think they'd need all the Docs they can get!!!hehe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X