Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
    I got inspired to make a new banner- it's for snerching if anyone wants it! Under the cut.

Spoiler:
    Very nice Sanssong
    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I support them. It was a reference that Jason is so tall next to Jewel.
      Platschu

If your comment was meant in fun, you may want to consider rephrasing things differently because it can be read as being a slam against the couple.

If you meant it in a mean spirit, please delete it and respect those that like the ship
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
        Ok, HELP! Thanks, btw, for everyone being so nice about welcoming me.

I must admit, I NEVER saw this coming when Jewel began in the series! Friday night was a "holy cow" moment! Now I can't stop thinking about it! They are too cute together!

I can't believe I missed this! I'm the type who loves a romance! I've been complaining about Daniel/Vala & most importantly Sam/Jack to my husband forever! I've thought about Sheppard/Tela or Sheppart/Weier too! Why not this??? Maybe I think that Jewel still is in love with her other series (Firefly) Dr., and confused that she's on Atlantis now. I must be off because I'm pregnant and always spacey lately with baby #1!

But here's my problem... I missed all those cool moments mentioned in this threat from previous episodes. Which ones should I rewatch? I think there were two episodes mainly talked about (Missing and the other one). If anyone can post episode names worth rewatching today/tomorrow while I'm off work for Keller/Ronon moments, I would be greatful!

Thanks!
        I haven't said welcome yet!
        WELCOME TO THE R/K SHIP daisy!

I got inspired to make a new banner- it's for snerching if anyone wants it! Under the cut.

Spoiler:
        Very nice dude! Love it!
        --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Okay, here's what I have so far. Feedback, please? Plot bunnies? Continue or not? Fast/slow?

Spoiler:
          “So,” John said to Ronon, rising from his seat and picking up his tray, “see you for that training session later?”

Ronon hesitated, casting a quick glance at Jennifer.

“You know, Sheppard,” he said finally, “I guess I have to pass today.”

Seeing that Sheppard had stopped dead in his tracks, Ronon went on hastily, “Remember, I have fresh stitches in my arm and so on?”

John was about to open his mouth and point out that something like this had never stopped his Satedan friend before, when he saw the… almost pleading expression in his eyes? What the heck... Looking from Ronon to Jennifer and back, John had a hard time to keep the grin in check that wanted to spread all over his face. Aaaw, this was too cute.

“That okay?” Ronon promted.

“What? Oh sure, you better take the day off and… and give that arm plenty of rest.”

Patting Ronon’s shoulder in passing, John headed off.

There was a moment of awkward silence at the table, now deserted except for Ronon and Jennifer. Finally, Ronon cleared his throat.

“So,” he said, “looks like I have no plans for today. What about you?”

“Well, seeing that the infirmary is full of workmen repairing the damage that flying oxygen tank caused, I’m not on duty until further notice either,” Jennifer replied, smiling at him in what she hoped was an encouraging way.

“Alright. Maybe we could… you know, go somewhere and… and talk?” Ronon suggested.

To his relief, she nodded. “Sure, I’d like that.”
          SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! I love this ficlet! This is exactly what I needed after Quarantine left us hanging....and I must say, it's doubly impressive that you can pick this story up not having seen the show yet!

Boy, hope I didn't kill the thread with this piece of drabble...

Anyway, I went a bit further, and now there are two ways how this ficlet can go. I'll leave it up to you to decide...

Spoiler:
          “Oh, this is so beautiful!” Jennifer exclaimed. The waves of the limitless expanse of water around Atlantis broke against the foundations of the swimming city. A fresh breeze carried some of the spray up to the balcony where they stood.

Ronon was leaning against the railing next to her, watching her profile.

“Sure is,” he agreed, “very pretty.”

Jennifer’s eyes were following a flock of teal green seabirds that rounded the towers, squawking in flight.

“This is so strange,” she said. “It’s such a mixture of completely alien and so very familiar.”

She turned to Ronon and found her staring at her. The words she had meant to say died in her throat. For a moment, they drowned in each other’s eyes. Then Jennifer dropped hers, and turned back to the view.

“Okay,” she said, “enough of the chitchat. We really need to talk talk.”

Now, there are two ways this can go...

Ronon sighed. “You’re right,” he said.

“You wanna go first?” Jennifer asked.

“Uh… no, not really.” She could almost physically feel his nervousness.

“Fine, I’ll start.” Drawing a deep breath to fortify herself, Jennifer said…

Or

“Talktalk about what?” Ronon asked.

“About yesterday. About what happened. About us.”

Ronon shrugged. “Don’t see why we should.”

Jennifer was stunned. “Why not?”

“Way I see it, we found out that I like you and you like me. What’s to talk about?”
          I vote for option #2!

Okay, Penegal, you got it! Sorry to hear you have to work on the weekend...

Just a general question - is it okay if I post this fic here in bits and pieces and spoiler caps? I had a problem in this respect on another thread once. Thing is, I like to keep things in sequence in my LJ, and there's a Ronon/Melena WIP story there. Once I'm done with this one (and that should not take too long) I'll post it on fanfiction.net - if you think it's good enough.
          Personally, I like the fics being posted on the thread. I've always detested having to navigate off-site to read them. I say, it's relevant, it's entertaining, and we love it....so post away!

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
          Ok, HELP! Thanks, btw, for everyone being so nice about welcoming me.

I must admit, I NEVER saw this coming when Jewel began in the series! Friday night was a "holy cow" moment! Now I can't stop thinking about it! They are too cute together!

I can't believe I missed this! I'm the type who loves a romance! I've been complaining about Daniel/Vala & most importantly Sam/Jack to my husband forever! I've thought about Sheppard/Tela or Sheppart/Weier too! Why not this??? Maybe I think that Jewel still is in love with her other series (Firefly) Dr., and confused that she's on Atlantis now. I must be off because I'm pregnant and always spacey lately with baby #1!

But here's my problem... I missed all those cool moments mentioned in this threat from previous episodes. Which ones should I rewatch? I think there were two episodes mainly talked about (Missing and the other one). If anyone can post episode names worth rewatching today/tomorrow while I'm off work for Keller/Ronon moments, I would be greatful!

Thanks!
          Hi daisy! Congrats on the baby! I'd also recommend watching Sunday. There are no R/K scenes, but there is a great scene where Ronon is talking to Sheppard about not being ready for a relationship. It's sweet, and we think this is the point where Ronon began to change his mind about wanting to love again.

Okay, here's the next bit. It can end right here or we can let them have that
          Spoiler:
          kiss they miss out on in Quarantine.

Your choice!

Spoiler:
          “Way I see it, we found out that I like you and you like me. What’s to talk about?”

Shaking her head, Jennifer sighed, “You make it sound so easy…”

“Because it is. You earth people think too much. And plan too much.” Ronon covered her small fingers that gripped the banister with his own big hand. “Takes all the fun away.”

Feeling her heartbeat quicken at his touch, Jennifer smiled up at him coyly. “And it was no planning on your part that you brought me to this balcony, which is incidentally in the most tucked away corner of the whole city?”

He grinned. “Figured we enjoyed being alone together yesterday, why not today?”

“True, but the circumstances yesterday were different, the fact that we were alone was only because…”

Gently, Ronon put a finger across her lips to silence her. “You’re thinking too much again. It felt good. Yesterday. With you.” After a moment, Jennifer nodded.

“So we try it again. Today. Tomorrow. And see what happens. Alright?”

This time, Jennifer’s nod came instantly. “Good,” Ronon said, dropping his hand from her mouth. His arm went around her and he pulled her to his side. Together they looked out over the water. Contentedly, Jennifer let her head rest against his chest. He was right. This was easy. And it felt good. And they would just see what happened.
          EEEEEEE! Star, you've completed nailed the characterization of Ronon! It's PERFECT. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
          So I have never been a particular "shipper" until this point. I like the way the writers developed this. They have not been to great in the past of developing any form of romantic-esque story...and I think they did this really well. I would like to see it evolve some more.

I like the way the second option turns out.
          Hi Tupopoflungo! Welcome to the thread!

Eternal thanks to Doodley for posting those caps!!! I was reminded again how awesome that scene was.
          Spoiler:
          Man, how totally romantic. *happy shipper sigh*. Jason does such a great job with the hungry looks he gives her and the way he reassures her that she fits in on Atlantis. *BIG happy shipper sigh*
          You're so right. Jason is a master of subtlety.

Spoiler:
          Eeeeeeeeee! I love this banner! I sooooo snurchng this ne!

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I support them. It was a reference that Jason is so tall next to Jewel.
          Hi Platschu - seems like you've have a bumpy intro into this thread. Welcome aboard. Tell us what you like about R/K....
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Wow - the eppy is still not on iTunes. This must be some kind of record...
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Originally posted by DoodleyDog View Post
              Personally, I like the fics being posted on the thread. I've always detested having to navigate off-site to read them. I say, it's relevant, it's entertaining, and we love it....so post away!
              Actually, when Vaberella and I started this thread it was our intention, NOT to have fic posted in the thread, but off site at an LJ so that when we got our act together, we could have our very own Ronon/Keller archive where all the great R/K fic could be easily found and read over and over. The problem with posting to the thread is it gets lost. I know it can be a tad inconvenient to click out of the thread to read, but if we can get the archive up and running, then we can put our fic there and post the links here. I have the site almost set up, but have been so swamped with real life that I can't get around to fixing the problem I had with it when I installed the fic archive software. I'll give it another shot this weekend and see what I can do. It's definitely high time we had our own archive.

Eeeeeeeeee! I love this banner! I sooooo snurchng this ne!
              Glad you like it! Enjoy!

Comment

Actually, when Vaberella and I started this thread it was our intention, NOT to have fic posted in the thread, but off site at an LJ so that when we got our act together, we could have our very own Ronon/Keller archive where all the great R/K fic could be easily found and read over and over. The problem with posting to the thread is it gets lost. I know it can be a tad inconvenient to click out of the thread to read, but if we can get the archive up and running, then we can put our fic there and post the links here. I have the site almost set up, but have been so swamped with real life that I can't get around to fixing the problem I had with it when I installed the fic archive software. I'll give it another shot this weekend and see what I can do. It's definitely high time we had our own archive.

Glad you like it! Enjoy!
                Hi, Sanssong, good to see you back on this thread!

I hear you, and I am posting all my fics in other places, like my LJ and fanfiction.net, with links at the ronon_keller LJ community. In this case, I just really wanted the feedback of the folks on this thread. We grew very close 'watching' Quarantine together.

I've finished it up, and it will be on fanfiction.net soon. Thanks for the input!

Sorry to hear that RL is a b1tch for you, it would be great to have an archive to collect all the wonderful stuff that's been posted out there.
                Last edited by starg8fans; 20 January 2008, 11:15 AM.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Hi, Sanssong, good to see you back on this thread!

I hear you, and I am posting all my fics in other places, like my LJ and fanfiction.net, with links at the ronon_keller LJ community. In this case, I just really wanted the feedback of the folks on this thread. We grew very close 'watching' Quarantine together.

I've finished it up, and it will be on fanfiction.net soon. Thanks for the input!

Sorry to hear that RL is a ***** for you, it would be great to have an archive to collect all the wonderful stuff that's been posted out there.
                  Oh, you're fine! Don't worry bout the little plot bunny things you posted, they were very entertaining and if I had the time I'd try my hand at one. I was more responding to Doodley than anything.

I've been reading your stuff on LJ and loving it! Keep it up.

It's nice to be back - even if it's only for a little while.

Comment

Yup, it's working for me. Don't know why your files are giving you grief, Doodley...

I finally caved in and started reading the transcript. OMG, I almost died laughing about the whole
                    Spoiler:
                    42 thing - you know, the last number in Rodney's access code? Anybody else here a fan of the book Hitchhhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
                    I laughed when I heard that. I'm was happy that I actually got the joke. I haven't read the book, but I have seen the movie, and John's delivery of that line was priceless.
                    . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I love this shot. The nuzzle. . . *sigh*

Originally posted by starg8fans
                      John was about to open his mouth and point out that something like this had never stopped his Satedan friend before, when he saw the… almost pleading expression in his eyes? What the heck... Looking from Ronon to Jennifer and back, John had a hard time to keep the grin in check that wanted to spread all over his face. Aaaw, this was too cute.
                      I love this line. I was waiting for this episode to air to finish this story I'm working on for a fic-a-thon in February. Now I've got some interesting places I can take the story.
                      Last edited by renisanz; 20 January 2008, 11:41 AM.
                      . . . . .

Spoiler:

Comment

Well I'm just creating all over the dang place here! I made a new icon too.
                        Spoiler:

Can't get enough of that nuzzle!

Comment

Well I'm just creating all over the dang place here! I made a new icon too.
                          Spoiler:

Can't get enough of that nuzzle!
                          The nuzzle heard round the world!
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

What I like in this ship? Ronon will be more civilized and he can change into a normal man, who has positive feelings, who doesn't fear to be betrayed and lost again. Maybe he will return to his art hobbies as we could read in JM's deleted scenes on his blog. On the other side, Jennifer can be a wilder girl and she can learn from him. I am not a "shipper", but this relationship will be useful for both character so I support them. The actor and the actress can play something new too, so they will enjoy it.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I love the icon sanssong! Brilliantly done!

Comment

Wow - the eppy is still not on iTunes. This must be some kind of record...
                                And it's still not there. Aren't they afraid they'll fry their server when all the download requests come flooding in???

Actually, I've watched it... somewhere else. In lousy quality, but at least my mind's at ease now. Doodley, I'll be back with my comments after I've seen it properly. In some places I could hardly make out the facial expressions. For example, it appeared that
                                Spoiler:
                                Ronon was smiling almost the whole time he was talking about Melena. Gotta analyze that, that sounds fishy to my.

I was also puzzled that
                                Spoiler:
                                after injuring himself so often just to see her he made it so hard for her to talk to him.

But as I said, I'll need to see it properly, then we'll talk.

sigpic
                                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
                                X