Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    I hate texting lingo but... LOL, at work even, coworkers turning to stare!
    You need to watch this Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      I absolutely love Jayne and the leader of SG-13 and John Casey!
      I'm guessing John Casey is another character Adam Baldwin plays, but from which show?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

He's from Chuck.

Real job:
        Spoiler:

Undercover job:
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Ohh. Check this out. I have Jo Graham who is writing the SGA Legacy books on my f-list on livejournal. She has this to say today. Could be something. Could be absolutely nothing at all.

She says

A reader says, "You haven't talked about Rodney much in Legacy. What's up with that?"

Well, first off, Rodney is mostly being written by Melissa, so it's hard for me to discuss what's going into him and what the thought processes are, since they're mostly not mine! Secondly, Rodney's plot is the one that's the hardest to talk about without major spoilers.

We tend to break each book down by plotline, with some parts, mostly big action sequences with a rotating point of view, being written together. We usually talk about it in terms of the A, B, and C plots, meaning the one with the most "screentime", the secondary plot, and then the tertiary plot, which is often with one of the backup characters. The first and last books are everybody, and then each team member has one book where they have the A plot.

For example, The Lost is John's book. The A plot is John's, with Teyla, Carson, and Sam in supporting roles. The B plot is Ronon, Jennifer, and Rodney's. The C plot is Radek and Lorne's, with Woolsey and Caldwell. I wrote the A plot and Amy wrote the B and C plots. To break it down by the numbers, that's 50,000 words of A, 35,000 words of B, and 15,000 words of C.

Allegiance is Ronon's book. The A plot is Ronon's, with John, Teyla, Radek and Caldwell in supporting roles. The B plot is Rodney's. The C plot is Woolsey's.

Avengers is Teyla's book. The A plot is Teyla's, with John and Jennifer in supporting roles. The B plot is Sam's, with Lorne in a supporting role. There are actually three C plots, Woolsey's continuing from Allegiance, and Ronon's, with Cadman in a supporting role, and Rodney's, continuing from Allegiance.

Secrets is the one we're just starting on. It's Rodney's book. The A plot is Rodney's, with Jennifer and Ronon in supporting roles. The B plot is Teyla's, with John, Rodney and Ronon in supporting roles. The C plot is Radek, Sam and Lorne. In Secrets, Melissa is writing the A plot and I'm writing B and C.
          http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/82080.html?#cutid1

I wonder if anything is going to be done to address the dreadful Triangle of Doom. I notice that in at least two of the books we get Ronon, Jennifer & Rodney all mentioned together. I'll be very happy indeed if the writers split Jenn & that other guy up.

Comment

Same here! -bounces excitedly- there's SGA books?
            sigpic

Comment

I have read other spoilers from her on another thread about a couple breaking up. Now which couple wasn't specified, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it were?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                You need to watch this Bailey.
                Don't know of Arnold Rimmer, but that was funny. Loved the It's a Small World feel there at the end.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                  Same here! -bounces excitedly- there's SGA books?
                  There are lots of SGA books, dearheart! Go to the main GW page and look in their store (I think) and there's a list of the SG-1, SGA, and I imagine SGU books out there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                    He's from Chuck.

Real job:
                    Undercover job:
                    Loved the way you laid that out. Real job, then undercover job. Had me laughing at his expression. That starts up again tonight, doesn't it?
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I got a few of the SGA books for Mother's day, but haven't read them yet. I figured that they were companion, not canon?
                        sigpic

Comment

I have this idea Bailey that if a book has something in it that I don't agree with, then it's companion. But if a book has something in that I really want (ie splitting Rodders & jenn up & getting her in a clinch with Ronon) then it's canon.

Glad you enjoyed the Arnold Rimmer clip. It's from Red Dwarf BTW.

Comment

-laughs and takes a bow- thanks, Bailey! and I honestly don't know if it starts up again tonight, I stopped watching it. I tend to get into a show, then almost invariably get disappointed or bored by it, no matter how good I thought it was. -shrugs- Short attention span, I suppose.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              I have read other spoilers from her on another thread about a couple breaking up. Now which couple wasn't specified, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it were?
                              Reading through Jo Grahams stuff I honestly think it's going to be Teyla & Kanaan at least to start with. (she's hugely into Teyla & John) But I guess that doesn't mean they can't do the same with Rodney & Jenn in a later book.

I hope we still have Copter in line to read them & do us a review.

Comment

She has one she says is a Ronon one but she doesn't remember the name of it (I asked she said it isn't beside her and so she can't remember the name)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X