Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

That's a lovely piece, Jade. I can certainly see where you would be able to turn it into a music poster. Sort of Pink Floyd? Show us what you do with it.

I'm an extremely happy bunny. George Gently starts again on Wednesday 29th April. Lee Ingleby is going to be on TV this morning, and Martin Shaw was on TV on Friday, looking all handsome and being delightfully cute.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7637/...d62d12d4_z.jpg
    I will definitely post it.. and it's funny everyone who sees that pic and I tell them it's gonna be a music poster the first bands that are thought of is Pink Floyd, Journey, and ACDC.. It definitely has a classic rock feel, but my art teacher wants us to go modern with it so it can go in our portfolio.. so we need to choose more contemporary artists..

I am working on it right now... I will be done with it for sure by tuesday so I'll have my finished product up then

Also I have no idea what you are talking about Blen, but I am glad you are happy! lol
    sigpic

Comment

Thinking about it, it must be difficult these days to do a modern music poster. Years ago an LP cover was a work of art, instantly recognisable. I remember my cousin having his Yes LP covers stuck to his walls. But these days with MP3s and CDs I really don't believe I could think of a famous modern music poster or album cover. Perhaps it's my age. So to my mind music posters are more rooted in the past than the present.

I've been having some fannish moments about the British 70's cop show The Professionals. The episodes have been restored in glorious HD and I'm totally besotted. Also I've been watching one the stars, Martin Shaw, in his latest drama on TV, Inspector George Gently, which I'm also totally enthralled by. I can't believe he is now 70.

Here's my hero in 1978 on the left (on the set of The Professionals with Lewis Collins).

and here he is now.

Comment

Hi, everyone. I missed you all loads.
        Beuatiful art!

I love the behind the scenes pics, Blen. They look as if they had a very good energy together..

Jade, I love your entry.

In a week or so I'll be back to having loads of time, so....I'll catch up, then.

*hugs all*
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Challenge #72

*****has been extended a week since I only have one entry*****

This week’s art challenge is a spin on the mystery challenge. Everyone will have something different, but this time I am not picking it, it will be totally random.

First, go to flickr.com. You do NOT have to join if you do not want to. I did not. In the top left, click “explore”, and in the drop down menu click on “recent photos”. On that page, pick and save 2-3 photos that you will use for your art.

Then, go to quotationspage.com. On the left side, click on ‘random quotes’. Pick a random quote, but only use 3-8 words from the quote, do not use the entire quote.

That is what you will use for your art this week! You can do this as many times as you want, make as much art as you want.

For me this was fun because the pictures and words are already picked out, I didn’t have to search for ‘the perfect picture’. I could just put them together and then play around. I hope you have fun with it too!

If you want to want fanfic, do the same steps. The pictures will either be inspiration or the setting for your story and the quote will the first sentence.

Let me know if there are any questions!

Entries are due to me by noon your time, Monday April 27th
          sigpic

Comment

Jade beautiful art!!

Blen I am still planing on watching Inspector George Gently (that was the show I was going to watch right?) but I got sidetracked by Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix but I finished watching the season so can move on to another show.

Speaking of shows has anyone been keeping up with OUaT?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Hi, everyone. I missed you all loads.
              Beuatiful art!

I love the behind the scenes pics, Blen. They look as if they had a very good energy together..

Jade, I love your entry.

In a week or so I'll be back to having loads of time, so....I'll catch up, then.

*hugs all*
              I wondered where you had got to. Hope you get time to come back very soon.

I noticed Bailey's been missing as well. I hope it's just being busy & nothing too serious for everyone.

Regarding The Professionals, it's funny you should mention the good energy, because Martin Shaw & Lewis Collins had a real love/hate relationship going on. Lewis Collins wasn't the original choice for playing Bodie. Martin Shaw's best friend Anthony Andrews was the original choice and started filming. But the producers didn't like what they saw and sacked him, replacing him with Lewis. Martin felt very bitter and irrationally blamed Lew. There is some tension between them in the early episodes. But they soon settled down and we get this fabulous cameraderie between them, and a relationship that started a thousand slash fics. Then after The Professionals finished there was a huge falling out over a silly misunderstanding about repeat fees and they didn't speak for years. Luckily they patched things up again before Lewis died of cancer. Martin looked visibly upset when interviewed after his death.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
              Challenge #72 has been extended a week since I only have one entry.

Entries are due to me by noon your time, Monday April 27th
              I do have a couple of entries, but I'm glad it's been extended a week because I've had another idea I want to try out.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
              Jade beautiful art!!

Blen I am still planing on watching Inspector George Gently (that was the show I was going to watch right?) but I got sidetracked by Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix but I finished watching the season so can move on to another show.

Yup. Inspector George Gently. Give me a shout when you're ready to start watching.

I've been a bit distracted as well. I've been re-watching Inspector Morse & it's spin offs. It's years since I've seen it. Luckily having a poor memory means I can't remember who did it.

Sorry DG, I lost track of OUaT.
              Last edited by Blencathra; 19 April 2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                Jade beautiful art!!

Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?

I missed last night's OUaT, but I've been mostly keeping up.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Ever when you see it let me know I am trying to decide some things and having someone to talk to about it would help
                  sigpic

Comment

Now I'm really curious
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I will say this I have not been overly wowed this season (not like some of the others) but I did really like the ep
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Love Shack!

I finished the next part in my project and turned that picture into a movie poster. It's 16x22 so I am giving the thumbnail and just click it to see the full image

Let me know what you think! If you think there is something I could do to make it stronger please let me know!
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it is lovely and wouldn't change a thing
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it's lovely too. My one comment would be that the words "Live! at the" aren't quite centred above the rest. They are slightly off to one side. But other than that, good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              I think it's lovely too. My one comment would be that the words "Live! at the" aren't quite centred above the rest. They are slightly off to one side. But other than that, good work.
                              Thanks Blen! I didn't catch that That's why you need fresh eyes to look at your art

Do you guys feel that it could have been used for a concert flyer for Train's Drops of Jupiter tour? Does it seem professional quality? Like it's ready to be hung up to advertise the show?

Oh side note.. my entry didn't make it into the art show oh well there is always next spring
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear your entry wasn't used. Another time surely?

As for if the flyer could be used for a tour... That's a bit of a difficult question for me to answer, as I know absolutely nothing about Train or their music, and I don't know if it fits with their image or not. Other than that I think it does look professional quality.

Just one week until new George Gently!

In the meantime, have a bit of George & John being cute together.

Last edited by Blencathra; 22 April 2015, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X