Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see Gatiss running DW when Moffat leaves when ever that is.

I am liking 12th Doctor am not sure yet what I think of Clara fully at times I am wanting her to go and the others I am thinking meh she is alright.

I have not seen Broadchurch yet. I am thinking of waiting maybe when season 2 is on Netflix I tend to get easily distracted and or bored with hard drama shows and I am worried that I wont watch it if I do a weekly watch
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm not completely grabbed by the 12th Doctor yet either. I can't quite put my finger on why not. It's not Peter Capaldi's fault as I think he's a great actor, but.... I dunno...

The only thing I can think of is that in the case of all the other Doctors, he's always the alpha male - not because he's more handsome than anyone else, but because he's the most charismatic & the most intelligent. He's the one who knows the answers, the one who is the centre of attention, the one who everyone else looks up to. But the 12th Doctor doesn't seem to have that (or at least not in my eyes). He's been outsmarted and he occasionally looks inept and petty minded. The main focus is too much on Clara, and the Doctor seems like a secondary character in his own show.

I'm still watching, but not as avidly.

Spoilers for Last Christmas

Spoiler:

Was anyone else hoping that dancing Shona would be the next companion? I really liked her. I still have hopes that she may be in it. She called the Doctor "a magician" and the next episode is called The Magician's Apprentice... *fingers crossed*

Also I was wondering if the Doctor & Clara are still in a dream state. In S8 Clara was living in a small flat in a high rise (appropriate for a teacher living in London) but by Last Christmas she seems to be living in a large house in central London by herself. Most of it seems to have been in her dream (Santa on the roof etc) but at the end when she and the Doctor go off in the TARDIS, she is still living in the big house. So either somebody left her a lot of money, or she won the Lottery or she's still dreaming.

BTW have you seen this about Doctor Who & Netflix?

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...f-details.html

Comment

Yeah I saw that. I told my brother he hasn't seen all the eps so I told him to watch. Hope it is not gone long and it is only just while Netflix and BBC comes to a new agreement. They are taking a lot of British shows so it nothing else public outcry will push them to get everything back soon
        sigpic

Comment

Blen... maybe that is it for me too... because I do like Capaldi and there are a few episodes that were really cool even. Haven't seen him in any other shows except for Musketeers, but he was amazing in that one. For DW though... it just seems to be missing.... something....

Spoilers for Last Christmas...
          Spoiler:
          A new companion might be helpful, something new and Shona would be a lot of fun.

I have wondered a few times if they were still dreaming too.... just because it seems you could constantly be wrong about whether it is reality or still a dream. Although... isn't the life span pretty short if they are still dreaming?

Like DG... I hope that they are just renegotiating for the shows. That seems to happen a often with shows.
          sigpic

Comment

That could be why I am not as excited about this season but until Clara leaves...

I am a horrible fan with Mom here at Christmas there is a lot on my DVR including the DW Christmas Special I am being good no spoilers at all yet. I should get to it today though as all I am doing today is laundry and organizing DVD's
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
              That could be why I am not as excited about this season but until Clara leaves...

I am a horrible fan with Mom here at Christmas there is a lot on my DVR including the DW Christmas Special I am being good no spoilers at all yet. I should get to it today though as all I am doing today is laundry and organizing DVD's
              Oh Laundry...the never ending. I am still catching up with a lot of series with the hiatus, now.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

yeah it doesn't help that while decluttering I came across lots of cloths that I said hey I have been wondering where that went so I have more than normal laundry oh well it is almost like getting a new wardrobe
                sigpic

Comment

*waves at Jaded*

Definitely don't click on the spoilers, DG. I've never been one that worries about being spoiled on shows... but if you have it recorded already, you might as well wait it out.
                  sigpic

Comment

*hey Bai!*

yeah it doesn't help that while decluttering I came across lots of cloths that I said hey I have been wondering where that went so I have more than normal laundry oh well it is almost like getting a new wardrobe
                    I was declutering my wardrobe and Found a couple of coats I was going to donate ( because they were too small) and tried them on...they fit again! Happy dance. it's pretty much as getting new clothes. Yay me! ( this happens so rarely...I had to brag!)
                    sigpic

Comment

I would be shouting from the roof top
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        Blen... maybe that is it for me too... because I do like Capaldi and there are a few episodes that were really cool even. Haven't seen him in any other shows except for Musketeers, but he was amazing in that one. For DW though... it just seems to be missing.... something....

Spoilers for Last Christmas...
                        Spoiler:
                        A new companion might be helpful, something new and Shona would be a lot of fun.

I have wondered a few times if they were still dreaming too.... just because it seems you could constantly be wrong about whether it is reality or still a dream. Although... isn't the life span pretty short if they are still dreaming?

Like DG... I hope that they are just renegotiating for the shows. That seems to happen a often with shows.
                        Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        That is all good to hear, Blen.

12th Doctor and Clara haven't grabbed me yet the way 11th and Rory/Amy/River did or the past doctors even. I really noticed this during the marathons that BBCA was running between Christmas and New Years. I keep watching the new episodes though because they are good for the most part and still interesting and I assume just like when they switched to Smith, that there will come a moment when I realize I'm hooked on Capaldi as well.

It is kind of fun that there are so many rumors and such for the show. I would think that it just means that there is a ton of interest in the show and a desire by the public to know what the future holds... which seems like it would be good for the show.

I haven't watched Broadchurch yet. I suppose I will eventually, but during the first run it conflicted with something else so I missed the first few episodes. Good to hear that it was good. I am excited that the first season is on Netflix now though... will make it easier to binge-watch when I do get the chance.
                        All of this Doctor Who talk! ahhh!! (*resisting the urge to click the spoiler button!*) I started the first part of the season, but got behind because I don't have BBCAmerica and I missed the Christmas special! So much to catch up on!! It sucks not having cable

But as many of you said this season hasn't grabbed me as much as the others did too.. For me it's more to do with Clara than the Doctor... I LOVE Peter Capaldi as the doctor he is doing an amazing job! but Clara bugs the hell out of me.. I don't know what it is I never liked her even with Matt Smith... Hopefully it will get better when she leaves..

As for Broadchurch I saw the first season and really liked it, but I want to check out Gracepoint since it's the american version and David Tennant is in that one too

I love when that happens DG.. I've done that a few times.. I'd be digging through my closet and find an old favorite shirt of mine and go "HEY THAT'S WHERE THAT WENT!" lol
                        Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 13 January 2015, 11:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I would be shouting from the roof top
                          Well, I'm no Victoria Secret model and I'll never be. But it's nice to see there is a bit less of me around.
                          sigpic

Comment

I take the small victories where I can, and if that means having lost enough weight that I can fit back into something that I have not been able to wear for a while then that is a great victory.

So it seems that most people's reason for not being all about Doctor Who right now seem to have a problem with Clara.
                            sigpic

Comment

I take the small victories where I can, and if that means having lost enough weight that I can fit back into something that I have not been able to wear for a while then that is a great victory.

So it seems that most people's reason for not being all about Doctor Who right now seem to have a problem with Clara.
                              I wouldn't say my problem is with Clara. I actually like her and I like Capaldi... the episodes are just lacking in my opinion. Maybe it is the two of them together that is the problem or the way Moffett is writing them right now... although I do agree with some of what Blen said about the 12th Doctor too...

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Yeah, I'm not completely grabbed by the 12th Doctor yet either. I can't quite put my finger on why not. It's not Peter Capaldi's fault as I think he's a great actor, but.... I dunno...

The only thing I can think of is that in the case of all the other Doctors, he's always the alpha male - not because he's more handsome than anyone else, but because he's the most charismatic & the most intelligent. He's the one who knows the answers, the one who is the centre of attention, the one who everyone else looks up to. But the 12th Doctor doesn't seem to have that (or at least not in my eyes). He's been outsmarted and he occasionally looks inept and petty minded. The main focus is too much on Clara, and the Doctor seems like a secondary character in his own show.

<snip>

I'm still watching, but not as avidly.
                              I do wonder if changing to a new companion would help though. Just someone new to write for and maybe the dynamic between 12th Doctor and the new Companion would be new and fresh without the history that is between her and all of the incarnations of the Doctor.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X