Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?

Granted, I've only made the one vid, but I had no problems with WMM. *shrugs* If I get two minutes together and work on another vid, that might change.

SeNeda! We've missed you while you've been busy with school! Are you done with the finals here soon?
    Missed you all too

This week they have the written tests and from 21st to 25th there are the oral exams. Have to finish all the questions till then, it is on me once again. But since this week I don't have 8 classes - subjects with the last year students. So it means Mondays and Tuesdays will be much calmer for me.

I cannot wait for next Castle Really, the last episode was brilliant and the promo...
    Interesting

Comment

So you get a bit of a chance to breathe! Yay!

I'm so looking forward to the new Castle. I have very high hopes!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
        Morning

The final exams are still here so I am pernamently busy, but it is getting better. I love the summer weather. Even if it is a bit worse today.

Blen, Sony Vegas is great It is much easier than Adobe Premiere and I had no problem to get used to that after movie maker. You can make great effect with it, it may take a while at the beginning to find everything, but it is user friendly. I am looking forward to see some new vid of yours
        I hope your exams don't last too long. Very tiring I guess.

I may pick your brains about Sony Vegas if I get stuck. I've heard lots of good reports about it, so I'm going to give it a try later when SB has gone to bed.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Granted, I've only made the one vid, but I had no problems with WMM. *shrugs* If I get two minutes together and work on another vid, that might change.
        I hope you get your two minutes!

I think the problem with WMM etc is when I'm using quite a few different sources for the vid. For example I must have used clips from 20 or 30 different episodes for some of my vids. WMM and Corel just can't cope with it and throw a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          I hope your exams don't last too long. Very tiring I guess.

I may pick your brains about Sony Vegas if I get stuck. I've heard lots of good reports about it, so I'm going to give it a try later when SB has gone to bed.
          Missed you!

I actually do not like anything by Corel... I have to teach Corel Draw and I am still confused

Tomorrow we have the zumba action in our town for the camp support, so we are going there But I will be watching, not dancing!

Comment

Oh go on!! Dance! I dare you!! I double dare you!!!!

I'm footling around with codecs at the moment. I've started a very short vid just to try it out but I can't get the vid to show in the preview box. G-spot tells me it's a Directshow codec I need, so that's what I'm downloading. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Nope. No dancing I will take our camp t-shirt, that is enough

*crosses fingers* it will work, it will work, it will work...

Comment

I got it working after a bit of fiddling. Phew!

I hope you collect lots of money for the camp.

Comment

Hmmm, the preview box has stopped working again.

SeN, are you about? I need to pick your brains. I don't know if you can help me. (I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11)

Yesterday I opened a video clip in the trimmer. Trimmed it and added it to the timeline. I couldn't watch it initially in the preview box but I must have clicked on something because I suddenly found I could see it. Then today I opened another clip in the trimmer and added that to my timeline. Now I find I can't see anything in the preview box, just a black screen. I can hear the audio track, I just can't see anything. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? I bet there is a simple solution somewhere.

BTW everyone in the US, apparently series 2 of Sherlock is on PBS on Sunday. Not to be missed!!

Comment

<snipped>

BTW everyone in the US, apparently series 2 of Sherlock is on PBS on Sunday. Not to be missed!!
                    Thanks for the heads-up, Blen. I thought I was going to have to wait until they added the second series to Netflix before I was going to get a chance to see it. They kind of left the series on on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Hope you get the video thing figured out.
                    sigpic

Comment

SeN, are you about? I need to pick your brains. I don't know if you can help me. (I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11)

Yesterday I opened a video clip in the trimmer. Trimmed it and added it to the timeline. I couldn't watch it initially in the preview box but I must have clicked on something because I suddenly found I could see it. Then today I opened another clip in the trimmer and added that to my timeline. Now I find I can't see anything in the preview box, just a black screen. I can hear the audio track, I just can't see anything. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? I bet there is a simple solution somewhere.

Here I have just come home.

I will look at it, it is a while since I worked with it.

Comment

Happy Star Wars Day Love Shack!

I hope the video thing works soon Blen.
                        sigpic

Comment

I need some quick advice. Yesterday, my laptop came down with a huge virus (I'm guessing) as none of the buttons work, not even on/off and I've got a blackish screen with red pinstripes. Aside from that, I keep all my extra stuff (fics, vids, pics, music, everything else) on an external harddrive connected by usb cable. Is it safe do you think to attach that harddrive to my old computer? The super slow one I'm currently on now that it has been exposed to that virus? I've not done so yet.

I saw that Sherlock was on Netflix. I haven't had a chance to watch, but one of these days, I'm planning on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

That is a tough one Ever. I'd guess that the info on the external drive is okay, but it is really hard to say for sure without knowing what virus you have. I'd hate for you to infect your old computer too.

I've never heard of a virus that does the blackish screen with red pinstripes... kind of scary... it also sounds more like hardware than virus, but those darn virus makers get more and more creative it seems.

Does your old computer have virus protection and can you have it check your external drive first thing after plugging it in, before you do anything else with that external drive?
                            sigpic

Comment

As far as the laptop, all I know is all of a sudden the power went off and it restarted yesterday morning. Then about ten minutes later, the screen wouldn't change. The mouse wouldn't move and no buttons seemed to work. After when the screen saver would have come on, it was the black screen thing. I just unplugged the power. I don't know. I had just run a full computer scan with it's antivirus the night before.

For this computer, I've got AVG but I don't know if it's adequate or not. So, so far, I'm just leaving it alone.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think AVG can scan attached drives and I know that is the one I use at home.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X