Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know with my program, if there is one particular element to a picture I want, I lift it out of the picture and copy it. If I still want the rest of it there just more faded, I fade it and add the bit I copied out.

Probably doesn't work that way for gimp though.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      How can you get the BG to fade without fading what you want from the pic?

Thanks Ever. I am trying
      you take the eraser choose fade under the brush dynamics section and just go around the objects you want to keep with the eraser the eraser will fade the layer bg to the bg you have for the pic you're making.
      sigpic

Comment

Now you're making me wonder if I can fiddle with the eraser thingy on my program. Hmmmm.
        sigpic

Comment

With gimp the problem I see with the tutorials is it is being done by people who know what they are doing so they tend to go a bit fast and you can't ever read what the things they are doing is under. I saw one to make a sig (and I used it to get the BG for that blue one) and it took 5 minutes to figure out where the "difference" thing was, and he used another thing that made circles in instead of just straight lines and I still can't find that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
            you take the eraser choose fade under the brush dynamics section and just go around the objects you want to keep with the eraser the eraser will fade the layer bg to the bg you have for the pic you're making.
            Oh so the blurry circle thing?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Now you're making me wonder if I can fiddle with the eraser thingy on my program. Hmmmm.
              what program r u using Ever?
              sigpic

Comment

I don't do any fading. Not sure how to fade without fading the whole photo. But I do enlarge through the view so that I am viewing the layer I will erase on at 200 to 400%, then I use the eraser at that view and nudge all around the image until I have gotten all of the pixels at the edges erased so there doesn't seem to be a halo of the background. Then I go back to the view pull down and set it back to 100% and see if the edges look smoother.

Don't enlarge the photo, just what you are viewing it at. It is actually easier to erase the edges at the pixel level because it is easer to remove just tiny bits at a time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                  what program r u using Ever?
                  I've got Microsoft PictureIt! 7. For the most part, it's very basic and is designed for the average person to doctor up the pictures they take. There's other features, but it's still very limited.
                  sigpic

Comment

idk if the PC version is different than the Mac, but here is a screen shot you should see something like what I circled in red when you choose the eraser tool..

then just check the fade option go over the pic with the eraser and it will fade the layer bg to look like the pic bg.. idk if that helps..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I've got Microsoft PictureIt! 7. For the most part, it's very basic and is designed for the average person to doctor up the pictures they take. There's other features, but it's still very limited.
                      oh ok.. yeah i don't know anything about that software so I would be able to tell you if you can fade or not.. by the sounds of it.. it sounds like it's the Photostudio for PC's and I know Photostudio doesn't have that option..
                      sigpic

Comment

I have Gimp for the PC and the fade option is there, but I don't click it because I don't want it to fade, I want to actually delete the background. So I leave the box unchecked when I use the eraser. I choose the brush size I want and then click on the eraser and go for it, usually with the view at 200 or 400%, changing it back to 100 from time to time to see how it is looking.

I will have to play with it with the fade on and see how that is different.
                        sigpic

Comment

You know, everytime I get tempted to download gimp and give it a try, I see something like that ^^^ up there and get really really imtimadated.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                            With gimp the problem I see with the tutorials is it is being done by people who know what they are doing so they tend to go a bit fast and you can't ever read what the things they are doing is under. I saw one to make a sig (and I used it to get the BG for that blue one) and it took 5 minutes to figure out where the "difference" thing was, and he used another thing that made circles in instead of just straight lines and I still can't find that.
                            lol.. I kinda feel bad because I pick up on those things easily.. I figured out that difference option in like 2 min.. if you need help with something hit me up...( if you can't seem to get it by the tutorials) and I will set up some screenshots to show you what to do..
                            Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 25 September 2010, 02:56 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

There's a new Ronon/Jenn fic up! It's in the M section, boys and girls. So don't read if you're not old enough. Seduced by a Satedan
                              sigpic

Comment

Something like what, Ever?

Off to church... I'll see if anyone is on and how you all are doing later.

It is looking good though DG and I found that most of what I've learned is on accident so just keep playing and I enjoy seeing what you come up with.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X