Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked 3D movies although the first one I remeber seeing made me a bit naesus I was hesitant to see another but when my Brother was working at a local theater we got to see movies for free and so we saw Meet the Robinsons in 3D and it was so different and no more feeling sick. The way it looks movies are going to be going to 3D and there will be less and less 2D movies.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      That's good news about the computer.

I pay about the same here for regular & 3D tickets. I don't know if you have heard that over here the Odeon group of cinemas is boycotting Alice in Wonderland. Apparently there is some dispute about the timing of the release of the film to DVD. This cinema group apparently want to squeeze as much money from us at the cinema as possible.

Edit - I rather like 3D movies. They are certainly better these days than the ones I remember when I was younger - I couldn't see any 3D effects then. They just looked blurry
      Is it just me, or does that seem to be a strange way for a theater chain to get money from a movie?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

They make more money from the Consesions than anything else why do you think it cost $3 for candy you can get at a convenaint store for $1 the ticket price covers getting the reels and even then it is mainly in the first week that theaters get that money back.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
          They make more money from the Consesions than anything else why do you think it cost $3 for candy you can get at a convenaint store for $1 the ticket price covers getting the reels and even then it is mainly in the first week that theaters get that money back.
          I knew there was a reason I never bought candy at the theaters! Heck, when my brother and I used to ditch school and go the the $1.00 movies, we snuck in our own snacks!
          sigpic

Comment

yup that is the only reason I get big purses
            sigpic

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one.

BTW I'm having some problems with GW today. Taking an absolute age to load pages etc.

Hey, I'm really excited. Tonight is the last episode of Survivors. I can't wait. Just two and a half hours to go. If this doesn't get picked up for a third season, I'm writing to the BBC to complain. They won't be getting my licence fee off me until they renew it.

Comment

*huggles* Blen no not really although I am having issues with the pages for what ever reason loading on the left instead of being centered.

*crosses fingers* I hope you get more survivors
                sigpic

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

That's my basic reaction to the end of season 2 of Survivors. If there isn't going to be a season 3 then I need to find some way of kidnapping Max Beesley (Tom) and Zoe Tapper (Anya) and Adrian Hodges the scriptwriter and threatening them until they give me answers!!!

I need a cup of tea and a lie down.

Comment

*fans Blen* Breath sweeting in and out in and out I am sure they will have another season and if not I will help you okay
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks DG. I feel all kind of deflated now. For me this is even worse than SGA being cancelled, because IMO the end of season 5 was so bad as to be unwatchable. It was almost a relief for it to be over. But Survivors is bloody good. In fact it's better than bloody good - it's superb. And to end it the way they did.... what a cliffhanger!

Spoiler:
                      Tom sacrifices himself and we don't know if he will survive or not

At least I found a fan site that is really on the ball about updates & stuff. Fingers (& everything else) crossed that it gets renewed & we hear about it very soon.

Comment

Okay that would drive me crazy well if they don't get a new season maybe a movie that tells how it all ends but I will keep fingers crossed for you for another season
                        sigpic

Comment

Got an e-mail from BB!
                          Hi Hi

Yes that was me lurking about on GW yesterday. As you know, i can log in and look, but i cannot contact anyone, via profile messages or personal messages. Nor post.

I sent an email to TameFarrar yesterday, but i am yet to get a reply. Here is the content of that message.

"Dear Tamefarrar

My name is Chris Rose, better known on GW as BadBoyzII~86. In November, i was rightly condemned to having my profile restricted so that i could only view posts. All my privileges were revoked, which means i am unable to post, unable to send personal messages and sundry. It has been over 3 months since that punishment was laid down after i violated the agreement of my membership by attacking on a personal level members of the community and indeed the creator of the site to. It was an ugly experiment. Yes an experiment. My idea, based on conversations with other members of the forum, was that i would create a thread which would ultimately ignite controversy and heated debate about SGU and see how long before it was cut. What it turned into was a personal attack, both from myself, and other members who joined in and descended into a farce of my own creation. With my record i was not surprised to be banned. I admit it is a very affective punishment.

I have spent a long time regretting my actions of that day, as it has cut me off from communicating with some wonderful friends i have made on the website. My friends in particular on the Doctor and Wildman thread are the people i miss the most. They miss me.

I do not expect you to change the punishment. However since i cannot contact anyone on the website, talking to a moderator or administrator is very difficult, hence me finding this email addy and emailing you personally.

All i ask is that i be allowed to talk on the Doctor and Wildman Thread and that thread only. You can moderate my posts and keep an eye on me for as long as you see fit. All i would like is to be able to chat to my friends again. I am hoping that you understand this is a sincere request. I believe the punishment has worked, i am sorry to any people i have offended. In fact i would be willing to put the apology into writing on the forum for all to see if that would aid in my rehabilitation to forum.

Please do not take this request lightly, it is a genuine request and every word i say i mean. You only have to ask the ladies in the Doctor and Wildman to understand that behind the BB naughtiness lies a very soft soul who has become a strong friend and companion.

Regards

Chris Rose
                          BadBoyzII~86

email: [email protected]"

I am hoping that they will take my offer seriously. I was wondering if the wildwomen would petition to the mods for me as well. I cannot contact them on the website, i had to go looking for an email address for Tame. It would mean alot to me if you could all speak up for me and atleast get me back on the website, even if it is only limited to the Doctor and Wildman Thread.

I am going well, if a little bored. Uni doesn't start for another two weeks, so with little to do i am bored. Maybe i should write more of the fanfic that i have been writing forever and a day.

I hope you are well and that you get this email soon.

Take Care

BB
                          sigpic

Comment

Poor BB I hate being bored I do hope that they let him back
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              yep i remember the "miracle on Ice" moment..."back in the day' the 80 olympics were fab.... Eric Heiden in that gold speedskating suit... yummy! hey!! the man was gorgeous and brilliant (he was a med student at the time... now he's an MD) I haven't been interested in this year's olympics at all... since now everyone is a "professional".... I miss the days of amateurs! that was what mattered in 80... the USA amateurs beat the USSR pros.

mental green for you mimz...."smurf pocahontas"... ROTFLOL!!! great line!
                              I've been more of a figure skating fan...I used to watch it all the time in the 90s as a kid...*sigh* I miss that golden age I did watch women's figure skating tonight, though. I seriously hope the Canadian contender, Joannie Rochette, wins a medal. Her mother died this past weekend She got a standing ovation tonight, though, which was really sweet...she was crying at the end of her routine...

And "Smurf Pocahontas"...well, it's true. Visually, the movie was stunning, but plotwise it SUCKED. Pocahontas was amazing despite its historical inaccuracy because of the awesome music. lol

I seriously hope there's an upset at the Oscars. I want Up to win best picture by total surprise
                              "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I hope that it will work for BB! It woulld be great to have him back on the thrad

Comment

Working...
                                X