Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
    The captions are just flowing out of me today. Here's another one...

Ahhhhh! I just had the worst dream. You were married to McKay with ten kids!
    -dies laughing-
    sigpic

Comment

That is just sooo funny!

Ah, I've found that having people review what I have written, it very motivating. I generally have an opening sentence or paragraph. It takes a while to develop it from there.
      Ohhh. Noooo. I'd just shrivel and die. I'm much too shy and sensitive. If someone said something horrible about what I'd written then I'd probably never write anything again.

Decided I would have a go with the crayons too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

That is just sooo funny!

Ohhh. Noooo. I'd just shrivel and die. I'm much too shy and sensitive. If someone said something horrible about what I'd written then I'd probably never write anything again.

Decided I would have a go with the crayons too.
        But usually people are so nice with their reviews. And it is so rewarding to hear that others have enjoyed your stories. I always post my fics on livejournal first so I get some feedback before I venture into more public sites like fanfiction. I also have two betas who review for me. (I tend to write rather a lot, and I don't want to overburden either of them.) Whatever criticism I get from them, it's always very productive and professional, and it helps to improve my story. It's great to have a specific person you trust and have them review. I'm always very insecure about what I've written at first. You're still too close to the action, and often things sound contrived. But when I go back after a few months an re-read them, I sometimes can't believe I actually thought of certain twists and expressions, and then I feel much better about my work.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Hey, I just though of something. Since TPTB don't give us enough Ronon/Jenn action, and since we seem to have a lot of fanfic writers on this thread, wanna start a round robin here? Everybody can contribute and continue with the story, even if it's only a sentence or two. How about it? We could set it up as a tag to Trio after Jenn returns.

sigpic

Comment

I always get really nervous right after I post a story, but as soon as I get my first review and they like it, (I know its a cliche) it makes it all worth it.

Last edited by Krissie678; 26 February 2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              Hey, I just though of something. Since TPTB don't give us enough Ronon/Jenn action, and since we seem to have a lot of fanfic writers on this thread, wanna start a round robin here? Everybody can contribute and continue with the story, even if it's only a sentence or two. How about it? We could set it up as a tag to Trio after Jenn returns.
              Ohhh, errrr (nervously). You'd all have to start and I'd maybe contribute a word here and there.

I always get really nervous right after I post a story, but as soon as I get my first review and they like it, (I know its a cliche) it makes it all worth it.

Nervous isn't quite the word I was looking for. Terrified, maybe!!

I love the Ronon/Jenn smilies by the way. Superb!!

Comment

I love the Ronon/Jenn smilies by the way. Superb!!

Me too! zuz makes them.
                Here's some links...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=783

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=955

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=741
                You'll have to ignore one of Ronon's. (Guess which one!)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=786

And for all you fans of Ronon whump --->
                Last edited by Krissie678; 12 March 2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: Fix broken link

Comment

Me too! zuz makes them.
                  Here's some links...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=783

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=955

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=741
                  You'll have to ignore on of Ronon's. (Guess which one!)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=786

And for all you fans on Ronon whump --->
                  These are excellent!!!! I have had to filch some of them & green blobbies to you and zuz. Now have to fiddle with photobucket for a while....

Comment

I write a bit of fiction myself, but its for my eyes only! If I thought anyone else could see it, I would get instant writers block. I don't have enough confidence in my abilities to let anyone else see it. My friend encourages me but there again, I haven't seen any of her stuff either as she has the same problem.

Edited to say - sorry about the ankle BTW.
                    I was scared too, but then I posted and got good feedback... I don't think I've ever read a negative comment on someone's fic.

There hasn't been a lot lately, so I would encourage ANYONE who has something they wrote about the couple to post. It's the only action we're seeing since they haven't been in any episodes together since Quarantine.

Comment

These are excellent!!!! I have had to filch some of them & green blobbies to you and zuz. Now have to fiddle with photobucket for a while....
                      Ok, so this might be a somewhat stupid question,but, In order to use some of the smilies etc, do they need to be uploaded in photobucket or can they be used from my hard drive? I still have no clue about such things.

Originally posted by daisy1979 View Post
                      I was scared too, but then I posted and got good feedback... I don't think I've ever read a negative comment on someone's fic.

There hasn't been a lot lately, so I would encourage ANYONE who has something they wrote about the couple to post. It's the only action we're seeing since they haven't been in any episodes together since Quarantine.
                      Oh, I just recently got an idea for chap two of my Ronon/Jenn fic. I need to figure out how to make it work but. . . soon maybe.

I'll help on the RR. Or at least I'll give it a go.

Seriously, you should post here for us to read. We all love you!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Ok, so this might be a somewhat stupid question,but, In order to use some of the smilies etc, do they need to be uploaded in photobucket or can they be used from my hard drive? I still have no clue about such things.
                        There's a bunch of smilies under the smiley face next to the color palette above this window. I find this button easier to use than the box to the right. (Have you tried clicking on [More] to see all the available smilies?) All others have to be in a PB account. Or you can snurch them from other posts - click on 'Quote' and then copy and paste the url into some text document with a description of the smiley, then you can transfer them into your posts.
                        This smiley, for example, is called http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e..._duckylove.gif
                        So if you put this monster between image tags, the smiley shows up.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Oh, I just recently got an idea for chap two of my Ronon/Jenn fic. I need to figure out how to make it work but. . . soon maybe.

I'll help on the RR. Or at least I'll give it a go.

Seriously, you should post here for us to read. We all love you!
                        I second that!

sigpic

Comment

-Falls of chair with laughter !! [which is bad considering my ankle]

Sounds like fun =)

I write a bit of fiction myself, but its for my eyes only! If I thought anyone else could see it, I would get instant writers block. I don't have enough confidence in my abilities to let anyone else see it. My friend encourages me but there again, I haven't seen any of her stuff either as she has the same problem.

Just getting back to Jenn and Ronon for the mo, if I was her I think I would recommend that he have a course of massage and then of course she would have to do the massage herself!

Edited to say - sorry about the ankle BTW.
                          see i dont worry about that because i post all my stuff on my friends page so no one can tell what ive written and what she wrote =)

i was bored so i decided to mess with the anti's and i got RED =( it was horrible ..
                          Last edited by GSRgategirl923; 26 February 2008, 01:08 PM. Reason: cuz i can =P
                          sigpic
                          sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Well i have written a ronon/jenn fic... partially. I used one chapter (the third) for a valentine's day challenge on "one sweet Love" (LJ) and have the rest but haven't dared post it all yet! I am not sure I am good at keeping it all in the same (past or present)tense. so I reread it and keep correcting it.

Otherwise I prefer to read other's fanfics; they are fun and real gems!

Comment

anybody here ??

colors are fun !!
                              sigpic
                              sig by stars-and-kisses.tumblr.com

Comment

Hi, I'm here! *Waving* Been out at puppy classes and then, finally, got to sit down and watch The Kindred

There's a bunch of smilies under the smiley face next to the color palette above this window. I find this button easier to use than the box to the right. (Have you tried clicking on [More] to see all the available smilies?) All others have to be in a PB account. Or you can snurch them from other posts - click on 'Quote' and then copy and paste the url into some text document with a description of the smiley, then you can transfer them into your posts.
                                This smiley, for example, is called http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e..._duckylove.gif
                                So if you put this monster between image tags, the smiley shows up

That's probably an easier way than I was thinking of.

I am going to have to sit quietly and have a think about writing something. You may never see it! But will give it a go. Another problem I have is that whatever I am writing seems to imitate the writing in the book I am reading at the moment. So, my vocabulary improves considerably if I am reading a "classic" like Jane Eyre or anything by Elizabeth Gaskell, or becomes more "adult" if I am reading Christine Feehan etc, etc. I am reading Asimov's Foundation series at the moment - where will that leave me!

Comment

Working...
                                X