Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    You're right, badly written ship can disappoint shippers and non-shippers alike and Quarantine and the follow-up episodes illustrate some of the reasons why. Although Trio redeemed Jennifer for me, I still hate what Quarantine did to Ronon so I'm not looking forward to seeing he and Jennifer in scenes together again anytime soon.

On the other hand, shippers have probably been eagerly anticipating some type of ship confirming follow-up to Quarantine, which will probably never come. Both groups (shippers/non-shippers) would probably have been happier if that almost kiss had not been aired because shippers were doing fine shipping Ronon and Jennifer without TPTB's *help* and I, as a non-shipper, would not be struggling to put that gooberized version Ronon in Quarantine out of my mind. *shudders*
    Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I was totally in love with the idea and the innuendo, but then you get your own version of how these characters interact into your head, and when you see it played out on the screen and it's totally different it takes the whole fun away. Well, looks like TPTB are not planning to take this any further in the near future, so I'm back to my own happy thoughts (and fanfics...).

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I was totally in love with the idea and the innuendo, but then you get your own version of how these characters interact into your head, and when you see it played out on the screen and it's totally different it takes the whole fun away. Well, looks like TPTB are not planning to take this any further in the near future, so I'm back to my own happy thoughts (and fanfics...).
      Yeah, that's the danger of realized ship - TPTB's version may not match the shipper's version. It also doesn't help that Stargate writers are just not good at writing ship. Instead of trying to write ship as a well-thought out part of the series, they write ship as a gimmick.

Just look at how they mis-handled the Jack and Sam mess. Apparently, each time they stepped up that ship - they did it because they thought the series was about to end so there was no need to think about how they were going to sustain it. Now, it's just become a tease to those who still ship them. Sad.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by baby_doll26 View Post
        Spoiler:
        Keller isn't in Midway at all, so no J/R moments. It is a great ep for Ronon though and there's a nice moment with Shep at the end. Keller IS in the last three eps of the season so i'm still hoping for a moment, eternal optimist that i am
        AAHHH! This is yet further proof that TPTB LIKE to screw with us! They give us nibbles when all we want is the meal! They even took our nibbles away last week! NOT fair!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yeah, that's the danger of realized ship - TPTB's version may not match the shipper's version. It also doesn't help that Stargate writers are just not good at writing ship. Instead of trying to write ship as a well-thought out part of the series, they write ship as a gimmick.

Just look at how they mis-handled the Jack and Sam mess. Apparently, each time they stepped up that ship - they did it because they thought the series was about to end so there was no need to think about how they were going to sustain it. Now, it's just become a tease to those who still ship them. Sad.
          Actually, I think the Sam/Jack ship was totally different. There were military rules there that kept them from living their mutual affection. And I quite liked the occasional brushes they had. But it scared me no end when some people on the R/K shipping thread started talking about marriage and stuff. Although I wouldn't mind Ronon 'getting any' (as Jason said in the interview) I don't see him in a steady relationship. He'd be too OOC as somebody's boyfriend *shudders at the word*.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think the Sam/Jack ship was totally different. There were military rules there that kept them from living their mutual affection. And I quite liked the occasional brushes they had.
            I don't see Jack and Sam as different because there is no way that TPTB were planning to have those two get together - they've admitted that. I remember reading that Divide and Conquer was supposed to be the last overt mention of any personal feelings and for a while it was - until TPTB thought the series was ending and then... BAM, out of the blue, overt ship returned and this uneven pattern of teasing the shippers and aggravating the non-shippers continues to this day.

But it scared me no end when some people on the R/K shipping thread started talking about marriage and stuff. Although I wouldn't mind Ronon 'getting any' (as Jason said in the interview) I don't see him in a steady relationship. He'd be too OOC as somebody's boyfriend *shudders at the word*.
            I don't see Ronon as anyone's "boy" friend either because that is too juvenile a term for someone as raw and earthy as Ronon. But the biggest reason why I'm not a Jennifer and Ronon fan (even in fanfic) is because I just don't see any significant chemistry between them. Not only don't I see sexual chemisty - I don't even see friendship chemistry.

I saw the beginnings of possible friendship chemistry in Doppleganger, but since then I feel that TPTB have been trying too hard to force Jennifer into artificially close bonds with the other characters instead of letting those relationships develop naturally - and slowly. In only a few episodes, she's had more time with Sam than Teyla has and she's had more time with Teyla than Rodney has and that's a shame.

Next season, I hope TPTB are more careful about how they use Jennifer. A good start would be to stop trying to make her everyone's instant best friend and just let her develop naturally.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Spoiler:
              I don't see Jack and Sam as different because there is no way that TPTB were planning to have those two get together - they've admitted that. I remember reading that Divide and Conquer was supposed to be the last overt mention of any personal feelings and for a while it was - until TPTB thought the series was ending and then... BAM, out of the blue, overt ship returned and this uneven pattern of teasing the shippers and aggravating the non-shippers continues to this day.

I don't see Ronon as anyone's "boy" friend either because that is too juvenile a term for someone as raw and earthy as Ronon. But the biggest reason why I'm not a Jennifer and Ronon fan (even in fanfic) is because I just don't see any significant chemistry between them. Not only don't I see sexual chemisty - I don't even see friendship chemistry.

I saw the beginnings of possible friendship chemistry in Doppleganger, but since then I feel that TPTB have been trying too hard to force Jennifer into artificially close bonds with the other characters instead of letting those relationships develop naturally - and slowly. In only a few episodes, she's had more time with Sam than Teyla has and she's had more time with Teyla than Rodney has and that's a shame.

Next season, I hope TPTB are more careful about how they use Jennifer. A good start would be to stop trying to make her everyone's instant best friend and just let her develop naturally.
              You're right. Doppelganger and even Tabula Rasa was the height of my R/K shippiness. I liked the idea of Ronon with the Doc because it promised lots of whump to get him to the infirmary *grins evilly*. And I liked Keller at the beginning of the season, when she was battling to save Weir's life. Since then, they've been making her weaker and more insecure and more teenie in every episode. And that's definitely not the person I would want Ronon with. Still, for the above reason I'm still using Jenn in my fanfics, but she's a totally different person. It's just that I don't like OCs, and there's nobody else I can really use. Teyla is like his sister, and Sam... naw. Larrin maybe...?

sigpic

Comment

Larrin maybe...?
                Nonononon.......

Comment

Could be kinda hot smutty stuff there, though...

sigpic

Comment

Could be kinda hot smutty stuff there, though...
                    Please, I rather take Keller over Larrin....

Comment

You're right. Doppelganger and even Tabula Rasa was the height of my R/K shippiness. I liked the idea of Ronon with the Doc because it promised lots of whump to get him to the infirmary *grins evilly*. And I liked Keller at the beginning of the season, when she was battling to save Weir's life. Since then, they've been making her weaker and more insecure and more teenie in every episode. And that's definitely not the person I would want Ronon with. Still, for the above reason I'm still using Jenn in my fanfics, but she's a totally different person. It's just that I don't like OCs, and there's nobody else I can really use. Teyla is like his sister, and Sam... naw. Larrin maybe...?
                      If TPTB are determined to get Ronon a woman, then Larrin would be more interesting than Jennifer. At least she seems like a mature woman. And, she has the added benefit of not being a main character so I won't have to worry that this would take over the show.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

If TPTB are determined to get Ronon a woman, then Larrin would be more interesting than Jennifer. At least she seems like a mature woman. And, she has the added benefit of not being a main character so I won't have to worry that this would take over the show.
                        Yeah, that's what I thought. She would be gone most of the time, and Ronon could just be his usual self then. Sorry, Snowy, but unless they make Keller a real woman again (I think the final straw was when she was too out of shape to even hike a bit!) I just can't support this ship on the show. But I'll keep writing them, and if you like I'll make you a shippy version of Half a Man.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela
                          In fic, it would be steamy stuff, not ship. There's a BIG difference I'm not suggesting shipping them... everybody here knows me well enough to know I would never suggest a ship! LOL!
                          You tease you. LOL Evol!

Yeah, that's what I thought. She would be gone most of the time, and Ronon could just be his usual self then. Sorry, Snowy, but unless they make Keller a real woman again (I think the final straw was when she was too out of shape to even hike a bit!) I just can't support this ship on the show. But I'll keep writing them, and if you like I'll make you a shippy version of Half a Man.
                          Yeah, but Larrin has more chemestriy with McKay, than with Ronon.
                          Oh and you better be writing me a shippy version, Missy or I'm gonna pout. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy View Post
                            You tease you. LOL Evol!

Yeah, but Larrin has more chemestriy with McKay, than with Ronon.
                            Oh and you better be writing me a shippy version, Missy or I'm gonna pout. LOL
                            McKay? McKay???? He could never handle a real woman like her.

Oh, and I would not want you to pout. You'll get your shippy version, I'll post it on the gate-of-dreams site, okay? Got lots of time on my hands right now...

sigpic

Comment

McKay? McKay???? He could never handle a real woman like her.

Oh, and I would not want you to pout. You'll get your shippy version, I'll post it on the gate-of-dreams site, okay? Got lots of time on my hands right now...
                              LOL But think of all the things she could have learned him...
                              Just point me in the right direction, okay. Cause I don't know where the gate-of-dreams site is hiding....

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29
                                I strongly disagree with this I never got a sibling vibe from them just because they are from the same galaxy doesn't mean they are related. There is a understanding there and I have always felt the heat there too and I similarly felt the heat there with Weir. I am a shipper and I multiship my favorites in several AU but I don't ship if there isn't any chemistry and I haven't seen it with these 2. The funny thing is Jason has great chemistry with everyone else but her, Sheppard, Rodney, etc everyone else but her.
                                I'm sorry, but I have to agree with starg8fans.
                                Teyla is like his sister. There is a strong sibling chemistry between them, but nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X