Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
    I was hoping Keller and Ronon would end up together! Thanks again!
    We were too! Welcome to the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      And back in the day when I even had the thought of Ella and Ronon---and thought if they ever bring Jewel on she'd be great with Ronon---I was mocked and ridiculed and this thread was even spammed by dodo's. Now, now...It's not even come-uppance. I was right all along.

Ah yes.... I do remember those days! We were told that we were idiots huh? Well, look who's laughing now! Ronon/Keller HOTTER than EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
        Just wanted to stop in here an leave a high-five for Suz and VB about those spoilers. This is something we chatted about last spring. Now, about that other stuff...
        Yep, it's way cool being right about this, not only for the sake of being right, but because, I honestly thought they'd be wonderful together and they are! Their first on screen interaction in DG is the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG time, with the whole set up the boys did to get him in there to talk to her. And the connection they had was terrific too. LOVED it. And now the clip from Quarinteen (sp) was mind blowing in intensity. I'm a happy camper!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          I think Ronon/Keller ship will be great. So cute lol!:Where is the Keller smilie?:
          I've been wondering the same thing! We must have one!

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
            I'd have to disagree, I think Keller is different from his wife, IMO his wife seemed to be a bit passive, her attitude seems very different from Keller's from what we've seen of her. Keller seems to be someone who won't be pushed over by Ronon, she seems to be very ascertive and I think that's what Ronon needs, he needs someone who understands him and Keller seems to be an understanding sort, but at the same time she won't let him walk all over her.
            I think in personality that Jen is very different from Melena. I think like you that Jen has much more spunk than Melena ever did.
            Spoiler:
            I totally cracked up at her shooting that guy in the leg, that was something Ronon would do!
            I was like no wonder she likes him. But I do think there are some similarities as well. I think Ronon admires a woman who is compassionate enough to heal the sick. He may think that he doesn't have that quality (he does, but you know men!) and so looks for it in a woman. There is also a physical similarity that I'm fairly sure the writers meant to highlight, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if the actress for Melena was chosen for her similar coloring and what not to Jewel. I think they might have been planning this since she did Instinct. So in essence, Jen is his "type" I could be totally off here, but it seems like the kind of thing this bunch would do. I like the idea that she was chosen for him. If anyone has needed a woman it's Ronon!

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
              DOPPELGANGER:

Spoiler:
              SQUEEE!!!...Oh that was great. So, the boys totally fixed it so Ronon could be with Keller, it's undeniable, come on John get a lucky hit in...no way is he that lucky......plus, John looked a bit uncomfortable, when Ronon asks him for a rematch like he knew there would be hell to pay for setting it up...Plus when Ronon finally tells her John isn't seeing anyone he did not look like he was saying it to be helpful, he seemed a bit sad, like he was telling her so he'd know up front, and I loved how she rushed to correct him. Then when she tells him to lay back, he had to watch her a few times, with this smirk on his face as if that's exactly where he wants to be.

So it worked out great, I'm loving it...
              I was totally squeeing over this set it!
              Spoiler:
              I couldn't believe it when some nit wits said that she had googly eyes for Shep! And that Ronon was playing match maker! I was like- Are you flipping blind! This was set up with John and Ronon from the get go to see if she might be interested in Ronon. I think Ronon was pretty confident when it was all said and done, little turkey! He should have had to work a LITTLE harder for her! (like I would do any different! lol!)

But it was the cutest thing, with the looks that passed between John and Ronon, this silent communication that screamed set up. I loved the smug smile too as Ronon laid on the bed. *shiver* The things I could do!!!!! Okay, stop, Ronon is Jen's! Point is, this was intended to be our first look at the budding interest between these two characters. It was AWESOME!

Comment

I think there will be as well for R/K. I just saw the vid as well and let me tell you, naughti-ness shall ensue.
                Oh, heck yeah! Ronon is a very sensual person, they need to bring that out (as much as they can in PG TV)
                Spoiler:
                I'm hoping we get to see them finish that kiss! I'll be talking to Mr. JM if they don't!

Spoiler:
                First off, I'd have to say, I get the feeling people are using this whole Keller must remind Ronon of Melina as a form of marginalizing the relationship and making it a "rebound" sort of relationship---which I don't agree with.

From what we know of Melina, she seems to have two similarities to Keller, but they're far from the same woman. I find Keller, from what I've seen of her and what I've seen of Melina, to be more aggressive, bold and in your face. I find Melina to be more "docile" in some respects. Secondly, Melina was a nurse and Keller was a doctor. Just by the clips we were given we see Keller
                Spoiler:
                shooting a man in the leg (a great shot by the way) and saying something along the lines "I need something to heal first."
                For the life of me I can't see Melina doing something like that.

I think Keller is stronger and can stand toe to toe with Ronon and is far more resilient than Melina. I just find Melina to remind me a lot of Katie Brown, and Katie Brown is a doormat. Keller is far from a "doormat". I think the only real similarity between the two is that both are in the medical field and are civilians, after that they differentiate a great deal. Especially watching eps like Doppelganger, Keller's personality is interesting and she seems to have a level of pessimism about her that's endearing. In any event, I think she's great and even if I do get the impression people seem to discount the possible Ronon/Keller relationship as rebound, I see otherwise.
                I agree with all of this. I think you can put the "rebound" talk in with those who aren't happy he's with someone new. Jen is her own person, not a Melena copy. In fact, as I've said before, it's more likely that in the minds of the writers Melena is a pallid copy of Jenn.

I'm joining the happy day!!! Woohoo!! But I've been gloating since
                Spoiler:
                Weir
                ...so, Yunho!!! Tell me about it. You get the title and it was my pairing from season 2. Ah well, you deal with the resulting drama then, one load off my back.
                Oh, honey I'm there with you! And It has been one great non-stop party for us hasn't it? Gotta love it!

Comment

I would say guys, while folks certaily can't stop you from making up those smushed names, since the thread creator doesn't like them i would ASK you to not use those smushed names in this thread.

It is not a moderatable offense, however. Unless the name you come up with breaks the rules in some way
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If anyone gets any caps I can use for art can you please post them. Especially DG caps. Thanks

Hey Donna and Goodnight.
                    OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    It's way past my bedtime. I'll catch you later on IM.

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
                      Oops... Sorry. I was being a dork. and besides, you can blame my friend for that one. It's her fault! Just kidding. But I love R/K fics. Maybe I'll write some pointless fluff for R/K instead.Well I need to write anyway.

Off to write my BIG fic. If you wish to know the plot, just say the word!
                      De Rien. No, I personally have a problem for them. We're adults here, or some of us are...I think we've moved away from those kinds of names and take the pairing (even though fictional) a bit more seriously.

I would love to hear the plot of it. I do think we should keep fic talk to a minimum, a plug here or there is great. Maybe specs on where the writers want to go with the pairing from what we know is definite conversation talk, but since we have minimal ammunition I'd love to know a bit of your fic plan.

Spoiler:
                      In the part where Jen-Jen and Ronon are alone and lets say it's quarantine. I first have to wonder how they ended up in the same room in the first place? Normally, a man like Ronon and a doctor like Jen-Jen wouldn't be found in the same room unless someone was hurt. But since I thought I saw bed sheets and a pillow...maybe their quarantined in the med lab. But then that begs me to ask, what happened to the other doctors if that's the case? Or maybe Ronon went to visit JJ or maybe JJ went to visit Ronon. Which would make for an interesting growth in the relationship. I'm loving this.

I'm so happy the writers gave us enough to moon over.

This is just an aside to Donna Booth
                      Spoiler:
                      thanks for the response, but I don't think it's Trio. Trio is focused around Carter/Keller/McKay and they seem off on their own. I don't see Ronon making an appearance for that scene to show up. But one can't tell, I just don't see it fitting.

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                      Oh, heck yeah! Ronon is a very sensual person, they need to bring that out (as much as they can in PG TV)
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm hoping we get to see them finish that kiss! I'll be talking to Mr. JM if they don't!
                      I agree he definitely gives an appearance of it---he exudes sensuality just by being. The man needs to bottle it, I'd buy a few pints. "And you too can BE...RONON DEX!!!" But I'd like to see him put that in play. I felt a bit of that when he was talking to Jen-Jen, maybe it's the piercing look and such. I can't wait for more.

I agree with all of this. I think you can put the "rebound" talk in with those who aren't happy he's with someone new. Jen is her own person, not a Melena copy. In fact, as I've said before, it's more likely that in the minds of the writers Melena is a pallid copy of Jenn.
                      Now that's a nice word "pallid", sums it up quite well. She is a watered down version of Keller---where I had to say I was actually surprised when seeing Melena that Ronon would be interested in such a woman. She seems so "rescue me", that I couldn't wrap my head around it. It was actually very disappointing since I was expecting someone who gave me a bit more bally. Her resistance to following Ronon was more like her pleading than her being direct and forceful in her intentions. I couldn't comprehend such a woman with Ronon.

I'm not a romantic shipper of Ronon and Teyla (I seriously think these cats are related and don't know it yet!! Mark my words!!! ), but I do see qualities in Teyla that I would expect in a woman for Ronon. Strength, self-defense abilities, and basically endurance. I'm not seeing much of that from Melena. She didn't even give me the impression she had any real intelligence, unfortunately. And we all know that even if Ronon is not science smart, the man is a definitely strategic smart and I find his mathematical skills exceptional as seen in Aurora and we know he knows his limitations as seen in First Strike (I love that in a man. It's admirable when one has a weakness and wants to improve on it.)

As a matter of fact....
                      Spoiler:
                      sort of side tracking when I started my talk on First Strike. Could this be how and why Ronon and JJ might be quarantined together? He wanted to get some ideas on CPR and bandage training and that gives him the in to get closer to her? Just specking, but you get where I'm going here.

Oh, honey I'm there with you! And It has been one great non-stop party for us hasn't it? Gotta love it!
                      Tell me about it. I really have to start coming back to this board. ~sigh~
                      Last edited by vaberella; 20 October 2007, 09:43 PM. Reason: cleaning it up
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        If anyone gets any caps I can use for art can you please post them. Especially DG caps. Thanks
                        Hey Lea
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hi Folks

Just a note to say that while this is a *Pro* thread for Folks who enjoy the *Ship* between the Doctor and Ronon, it is not a thread where members get to dictate the level of anyone's enjoyment. So if one member is head over heels, obsessed with this ship great thats how they want to feel and this is the place to express it

Just as another member may just really enjoy the romantic undertones and like it in a very light manner. They can express that here as well

both are *PRO* for this pairing. In every fandom every ship has varying degrees of positive enthusiasm for it. Just because one member doesn't share your personal level of *Squee* about the ship does not make their *Pro* comments any less *Pro* all it means is they have a varied opinion from yours.

In the end all members that seek out and want to post positive comments about this ship should be welcome. That is what this thread is here for.

To promote discussion, friendship and a place for ALL to voice their VARYING positive comments.

However, if for some reason you (general you) feel a post is out of order or off topic please report it via the *report post function*. That little yield sign up on the right hand corner of each post. We ask that you let the moderators review and handle any reprimands. This will keep the standardization of guidelines as well as NOT promote any hostile feelings amongst and between any general members.

We get paid those magic beans for a reason

Thank you
                          TameFarrar
                          GateWorld Moderator
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            Hi Folks

Just a note to say that while this is a *Pro* thread for Folks who enjoy the *Ship* between the Doctor and Ronon, it is not a thread where members get to dictate the level of anyone's enjoyment. So if one member is head over heels, obsessed with this ship great thats how they want to feel and this is the place to express it

Just as another member may just really enjoy the romantic undertones and like it in a very light manner. They can express that here as well

both are *PRO* for this pairing. In every fandom every ship has varying degrees of positive enthusiasm for it. Just because one member doesn't share your personal level of *Squee* about the ship does not make their *Pro* comments any less *Pro* all it means is they have a varied opinion from yours.

In the end all members that seek out and want to post positive comments about this ship should be welcome. That is what this thread is here for.

To promote discussion, friendship and a place for ALL to voice their VARYING positive comments.

However, if for some reason you (general you) feel a post is out of order or off topic please report it via the *report post function*. That little yield sign up on the right hand corner of each post. We ask that you let the moderators review and handle any reprimands. This will keep the standardization of guidelines as well as NOT promote any hostile feelings amongst and between any general members.

We get paid those magic beans for a reason

Thank you
                            TameFarrar
                            GateWorld Moderator
                            That's great Tame and I totally agree, but does that mean the people who are less excited about Ronon/Keller can come on the thread and insult us? Can they make assumptions about our reasons for following this ship so as to belittle us and marginalize why we like it? I thought that was also against GW Forum policy or am I wrong here?

Comment

Mmkay, Tame. I'll behave! I just want to write my lovely fanfics.

By the way, all you R/K fans, I made me a new sig picture. it's spoiler-ish, so, look at your own risk. *happy dance*
                              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                              sigpic
                              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Why post at all then? (rhetorical---~sigh~) {Mod snip}
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic: Does anyone have a clue (or can make a realistic guess) as to which episode those "lets get to know each other better" line comes from?

Arigato.
                                I really, really think it's Quarantine:

Spoiler:
                                They're alone, for one. And I do think Ronon's injured (slightly) and that's why he's with her. But the biggest clue is that she says 'We'll just use the time to get to know one another better', suggesting they have time to kill. Like in a lockdown.

EVERYBODY PARTY!!!!!!!

GLOAT FEST 2007 HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Oh, man are they going to accuse me of being an insider now!!! I love this I can't EVEN tell you how much. My kids are totally laughing at me, but I don't care. More later when I get back from dinner.
                                LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
                                okay that's enough. I was just stating my opinion..and a lot ppl would agree. So
                                IT WASN'T AN ATTEMPT TO BE RUDE. I just don't feel comfortable posting here because I see so many PRO J/T comments. >:[ I ACTUALLY DO LIKE THIS PAIRING. So stop acting like a child. I was just expressing how I FELT. I think Ronon/Keller is cute. I think ppl HERE are RUDE To me. I was never trying to be rude. okay. I really wasn't. I just expressed my FREEDOM of speech. >:[ So stop it already.
                                Hi LadyBozi. I wanted to say that when I read your comment I didn't find it rude, I just thought that it was a little strange you would post in a thread just to say you weren't going to post there... but having read you second post I understand, sort of.

I think what people got annoyed about was the implication that those of us who count ourselves as John/Teyla shippers are supporting this ship mainly because it frees up Teyla or something, which is completely wrong. Just in my defence, I'd like to make clear that the reason I support Ronon/Jennifer is because I always support the canon ships of the shows I watch (and usually get completely sucked into them, too!). The hints of a Ronon/Jennifer romance began as soon as Jewel was cast for the role, and as soon as the series started I knew that was the direction they were going in. Doppelganger and the Q&A just confirm that. Incidentally, it's why I've shipped John/Teyla since Rising aired. But I'm trying very hard to keep my love for John/Teyla separate from Ronon/Keller on this thread, as even though I think the pairs compliment each other on the show, they are also completely independent of one another and my support of one has nothing to do with my support the other. So, I'm really trying not to talk about John/Teyla or any other ship in this thread, and I think everyone should do the same.

Ok. Wow that was long.

Hey Sillyscipia I love your sig!!
                                Spoiler:
                                It's great how one cap looks like they're leaning in and the other like they're pulling away... tres cool!
                                sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Working...
                                X