Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas!

The evening is getting closer by us, I have to go to visit my parents and then it could be time to cook a dinner already. The time is flying. Hope that everyone has a wonderful time and see you later

Comment

Originally posted by misskitten View Post
      Well, Fuchsia. It's Christmas Eve here, sneaking on since it's a couple of hours until dinner and the church-goers, namely my sister's in-laws are heading out (none of us are religious, but on that side of the family going to church on Christmas is tradition).

We've already watched two movies here. There are two movies in particular that are traditionally aired here on Christmas Eve, the first one is this Czech Cinderella movie (don't ask me how it's become Christmas tradition, it just happened). It's one of the few movies here that is aired with dub (but one where we hear all the original voices in the background). A couple of youtube vids of it:
      Fanvid using the movie theme
      Fanvid using an English song
      Fanvid with just a melody

The second one is a Norwegian one called "Reisen til Julestjernen" (The Journey to the Christmas Star), also a fairytale-ish movie It's the story of a little princess who wants the Christmas star so much that she runs out in the middle of the night to get it (because her uncle told her that to get it you have to give it your heart), she vanishes, and when her father curses the star, both the star and the queen vanishes as well. Twelve years later a girl traveling with a theatre troup promises the king to go out and find the star, On her journey she runs into santa and his elves and because she's never received a Christmas present in her life, Santa tells her she can have anything she wants, so she asks to find the star and he tells her how to find it. And when she finds the star the king and everyone else finds out that this girl is the princess that went missing all those years ago...
      Fanvid using the songs "Only Hope" and "All my life"
      A song from the movie (it's in Norwegian)

Anyways, those are our Christmas movie traditions Enjoy the vids And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!
      Thanks, Kitten! i will have to watch them later, but i certainly will!!

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
      Merry Christmas!

The evening is getting closer by us, I have to go to visit my parents and then it could be time to cook a dinner already. The time is flying. Hope that everyone has a wonderful time and see you later
      It all goes so quickly.... Seasons Greetings SeN!

I am concentrating at the moment on not killing my husband... who has gone upstairs and in ten minutes untidied our bedroom which I just took half an hour to clean and get straight...

His answer to it is "I'll do it later... "
      Hmmm that's if you're still alive later, buddy!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
        Whats this Ever I don't get it?
        What part are you confused about? I'm confused now too!

Originally posted by Mountiegirl View Post
        so a Probie is 0
        How do you get points... I've never know... I just have them.
        Ahh Santa. Some of my brownies believe in Santa and others don't... It's so sad.
        I used to believe that Santa was the captain on my dad's old ship... he always had Christmas off, a big round belly and a really white beard.
        LOL
        Oh, Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
        No, it's posts, not reputation points. And the reputation points? People approve of your posts - or green you. It adds points to your total. Those are still the goa'uld rankings I've noticed.

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
        its prob not just downloading, three years is pretty old for a computer these days and they just tend to not be as good, mines about 3 yrs old and despite upgrade im going to need to spend about £400 to upgrade it to how i want....all i want for xmas is money for my comp...fingers crossed, then i can make uber vids!
        Three years is old for a computer? Mine must be ancient! I've had it for 5 years!

Fuchsia! Take a deep breath and don't kill your husband. The police don't really want to work on Christmas Eve.

Also, Fuchis, Loved the sig! Great job!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thanks, Ever ... I have calmed down a bit.
          Now i have decided that withholding mince pies is the thing to do... he loves them!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm back from work and finished now until 7th January . Someone who is a bit cheeky asked the boss if we could all go early and he said yes. So that worked out well. And I was hoping that while I was at work my house would be cleaned and tidy when I got home. Fuchsia please could you put Mr Blen next on your list for the husband murdering hit man.

Now here's a very important website. It's the NORAD Santa tracker. It tells you exactly where Santa is right now! At this very moment he is in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              Hi everyone! I'm back from work and finished now until 7th January . Someone who is a bit cheeky asked the boss if we could all go early and he said yes. So that worked out well. And I was hoping that while I was at work my house would be cleaned and tidy when I got home. Fuchsia please could you put Mr Blen next on your list for the husband murdering hit man.

Now here's a very important website. It's the NORAD Santa tracker. It tells you exactly where Santa is right now! At this very moment he is in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan.

Hi Blen, will do!

Norad is my daughter's fave at the moment... she keps pushing me off the comp and saying, how long now?? where is he now???

Comment

Thank you Fuchsia! I can tell you and your daughter that Santa is currently at Mount Everest, Nepal.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
                  Thanks, Ever ... I have calmed down a bit.
                  Now i have decided that withholding mince pies is the thing to do... he loves them!
                  Evil!

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Blenca! Your poor hubby has been home less than a month and your already contemplating murder? Of course I feel the urge to kill my hubby semi-regularly!

Awesome about the link! I was wondering if I'd have to hunt for that! For all of you fans of SG-1, here's an awesome Christmas fic. Teri updates it every year. Norad Tracks Santa
                  sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone. -hugs and kisses everyone- There was some talk about mince pies, I believe? If you want to withhold them from hubbies, just send them over my way!
                    sigpic

Comment

Love the little Santa fic Misi.

Dr Jenn you can have all my mince pies if you want them, I don't like them.

(Santa is in the Maldives. )

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        Bumping the games links again.
                        Last edited by Blencathra; 24 December 2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I love mince pies... too much!
                          But they have to be good ones... I try and make nice ones but I can't seem to make proper pastry in Canada, the flour is different.
                          And the mincemeat is different too....

Anyone out there have a good Canadian recipe? I tried the internet but no luck so far...

I wonder what Jenn would make for Ronon, or vice versa???

Comment

Santa's at the Taj Majal!!!

As far as what Jenn would cook for Ronon or vice versa. . . Well we know that Jenn can't cook, right? I'm not just wierdly making that up?. *thinks*

Anyways, I'm of the firm belief that everyone should have at least one speciality for a meal and a dessert. So, Jenn makes rosettes for dessert. They're relatively easy once you get the hang of them, popular where she comes from, and look and taste like a million dollars!

Ronon. . . Hmmm. Even less info about his cooking skills. I think that we can infer that he knows his way around a campfire very well after all those years running. Maybe he'll try to sweet talk one of the kitchen personnel to teach him how to make. . . pumpkin pie? Just for Jenn!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Santa's at the Taj Majal!!!

As far as what Jenn would cook for Ronon or vice versa. . . Well we know that Jenn can't cook, right? I'm not just wierdly making that up?. *thinks*

Anyways, I'm of the firm belief that everyone should have at least one speciality for a meal and a dessert. So, Jenn makes rosettes for dessert. They're relatively easy once you get the hang of them, popular where she comes from, and look and taste like a million dollars!

Ronon. . . Hmmm. Even less info about his cooking skills. I think that we can infer that he knows his way around a campfire very well after all those years running. Maybe he'll try to sweet talk one of the kitchen personnel to teach him how to make. . . pumpkin pie? Just for Jenn!
                              Hi Ever... you read my mind... I've a pumpkin pie in the oven right now.
                              The most wonderful Canadian/American dessert!!! and so easy to make, that Ronon could do it I'm sure.

But what are rosettes... do tell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
                                Hi Ever... you read my mind... I've a pumpkin pie in the oven right now.
                                The most wonderful Canadian/American dessert!!! and so easy to make, that Ronon could do it I'm sure.

But what are rosettes... do tell!!!
                                Rosettes are a pastry. I think. I never went to cooking school to know the different classifications. Anyways, it's a batter somewhat thinner than cake batter that you dip irons into (usually shaped like snowflakes) and then you deep fry for like a minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. (add cinnamin or cocoa too it's goood!) Anyways, it's like a taste of heaven in your mouth!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X