This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
    Loved JS in "Firefly" but don't want to watch her take over Carson's role. I don't understand why they needed to bring her aboard except that she's more eye candy for the male audience members, and I guess that's what counts to tptb.

Never mind that Stargate probably has more female fans (and in my experience they are more obsessive then the male fans when it comes to hot actors), if they wanted to replace Paul with a Firefly actor to attract Firefly fans they should have hired Nathan Fillion and his screaming fangirls (which all hot SciFi actors have) would have been drawn to Atlantis like maggots to a rotten piece of meat

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique View Post
      Never mind that Stargate probably has more female fans (and in my experience they are more obsessive then the male fans when it comes to hot actors), if they wanted to replace Paul with a Firefly actor to attract Firefly fans they should have hired Nathan Fillion and his screaming fangirls (which all hot SciFi actors have) would have been drawn to Atlantis like maggots to a rotten piece of meat
      Nathan as a doctor? I don't really see that. He's the Captain.

Sean Maher would have done the trick too, I guess. He's kinda cute. Though I'm more a Jewel-fan.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everybody!!!!! Same as poundpuppy29 Im neew to this thread but I support Keller. I didn't watch Firefly.... but I will!!!! don't worry!!! And as for the pro and anti posting, it's fair to have both. I think it should stay as discussion.
        sigpic
        Always on the hunt for whump...

Comment

just opened a ronon/keller discussion thread. come on over to talk all things ronon and keller. pro and antis are welcome.
          Spoiler:

KELLER: Another sparring accident?

DEX: Actually, I slipped in the shower.

KELLER: Oh, really?

DEX (smiling): No. Sparring accident.

Comment

To me Keller is her own character not a clone of Beckett thank god.

Keller is the type of doctor who appears to have some growing to do but name me one person who goes into a profession with nothing to learn? Beckett was scared to go off world, he actually tried many times to get out of going, but not Keller, she may have over packed but at least she went with little fuss.

I think Beckett will be proud of her myself, should he rise up from the dead. So far she is no worse then Beckett at his best but so much better then Beckett at his worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              To me Keller is her own character not a clone of Beckett thank god.

Keller is the type of doctor who appears to have some growing to do but name me one person who goes into a profession with nothing to learn? Beckett was scared to go off world, he actually tried many times to get out of going, but not Keller, she may have over packed but at least she went with little fuss.

I think Beckett will be proud of her myself, should he rise up from the dead. So far she is no worse then Beckett at his best but so much better then Beckett at his worse.
              Name me one CMO who is going "into a profession"! A CMO is a doctor with a wealth of medical experience, managerial skills, and the necessary training to do the job. None of which Keller seems to have.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                Name me one CMO who is going "into a profession"! A CMO is a doctor with a wealth of medical experience, managerial skills, and the necessary training to do the job. None of which Keller seems to have.
                Not always. Some of the CMO's I know (and I know several ) got the potition because they were simply "in the right place at the right time", others got it because of "who they knew" NOT what they knew. There seems to be a lot more politics in managerial positions than many people realize. I am sure that Keller's academic "pedigree" (as it is called.... where she got what degree) is impressive and that can be what sways committees. Often those without the impressive degrees are really impressed with a Harvard or Johns Hopkins MD. At my (advanced) age, I see that there is politics everywhere in every business.
                Last edited by Rac80; 20 February 2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  Not always. Some of the CMO's I know (and I know several ) got the potition because they were simply "in the right place at the right time", others got it because of "who they knew" NOT what they knew. There seems to be a lot more politics in managerial positions than many people realize. I am sure that Keller's academic "pedigree" (as it is called.... where she got what degree) is impressive and that can be what sways committees. Often those without the impressive degrees are really impressed with a Harvard or Johns Hopkins MD. At my (advanced) age, I see that there is politics everywhere in every bsuiness.
                  Keller certainly got the job because she was in the right place at the right time. Does that make her the best person for the job?
                  sigpic

Comment

Keller certainly got the job because she was in the right place at the right time. Does that make her the best person for the job?
                    could be...it worked for Harry S. Truman! Sometimes people rise to the occassion, and I think Keller seems to be doing that very well.
                    Last edited by Rac80; 20 February 2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      could be...it worked for Harry S. Truman! Sometimes people rise to the occassion, and I think Keller seems to be doing that very well.
                      I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about that
                      sigpic

Comment

Dont forget Carson complaining that everyone he was hiring was better qualified than he was. Keller was Carson's number 2 so its reasonable to assume that she is extremely well qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                          Dont forget Carson complaining that everyone he was hiring was better qualified than he was. Keller was Carson's number 2 so its reasonable to assume that she is extremely well qualified.
                          I don't doubt that she has the necessary medical qualifications for the job, but I don't think she has the necessary experience, skills or personality for a job that clearly involves so much more than just medicine.
                          sigpic

Comment

Keller is a fantastic character. It's so nice to have another character who isn't completely fearless. Not everyone is a bring-it-on-badass, and I'm glad the creators of the show have remembered that with McKay and Keller.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I don't doubt that she has the necessary medical qualifications for the job, but I don't think she has the necessary experience, skills or personality for a job that clearly involves so much more than just medicine.
                              I really am still not convinced that Jewel was the best choice for this role. I do feel much better about her since Trio, but that doesn't mean I don't think there were better options. I like Jewel just fine, but I think she would work better in another role.

I keep thinking about Janet. I wish they had brought someone in with more of her attitude.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                                Keller is a fantastic character. It's so nice to have another character who isn't completely fearless. Not everyone is a bring-it-on-badass, and I'm glad the creators of the show have remembered that with McKay and Keller.
                                That's actually something that bothers me about the character. If I were putting together a team to go to another galaxy where they would have to face unimaginable threats, I would choose not just people who were good at their jobs but who could also handle themselves in dangerous situations. Keller's survival training begins and ends with watching Survivor, so she should never be sent offworld.

I suppose the same could be said of McKay, but he went at the outset of the expedition when all they thought they'd be doing was exploring the city.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                I really am still not convinced that Jewel was the best choice for this role. I do feel much better about her since Trio, but that doesn't mean I don't think there were better options. I like Jewel just fine, but I think she would work better in another role.

I keep thinking about Janet. I wish they had brought someone in with more of her attitude.
                                I keep thinking of Janet too. Old enough to be plausible without being "old", strong, intelligent, capable of handling herself in any situation with which she was faced. A far better character, IMO.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X