This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
    I thought she played the part perfectly, and it was very different to what she was on Firefly or Serenity, which was good to see. Looking forward to season 4 .
    As much as I was happy to see Jewel on SGA, I'm not so sure if I would consider her character 'very different' than what she was on firefly. She still had that nervous insecurity about herself at the beginning of the episode that the Kaylee character had on Firefly.

It just seems like a very similar character to me. Both are very focused on their work and both are somewhat insecure (Kaylee with herself socially, Dr. Keller with her position of power). Nevertheless, she's just so cute and and a good actress, so I'm happy she's on the show. I hope she grows into her position as head doctor and takes more command. It'll be a different side that we didn't see with Kaylee.

Comment

As tentative as I was to like her, now that I've seen her I have more faith in the next season. I like that they didn't make her this take-command, confident character, but made her more of a real person. So I'm not quite declaring my love for this character yet, but I'm tentatively saying she'll be interesting to look forward to next season .

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

After seeing first strike i feel a little disapointed in the character of Dr Keller.
        I'm sure i had read one of the threads that said she was supposed to be super smart.
        I understand her reluctance to take over from Carson (big shoes to fill) but she didn't show any confidence in herself and so far Keller lacks substance.
        One episode isn't really enough to get a feel for the character so i do hope the writers have some big storylines for her in season 4.
        We have very smart people on Atlantis that are in charge of their relevant departments and the CMO should be no exception IMO.

Comment

I thought her introduction was perfectly handled, I think they wanted to make sure they didn't force this character onto us. So it'll be a low process not all in one episode, but i like her so far

Comment

As I can't stand the actress in question, or the decision to hire her for what I call an ill conceived character, all I can say is, meh.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

i actually thought this introduction made her alot more appealing. They werent trying to push her character onto us as being this amazing person who can easily replace carson. I actually warmed to her more, having her humbled and anxious. Although, she aint no carson.

Comment

I thought her introduction was a good one and I liked how she was worried about taking command of the medical section but when in a bind she took charge like a pro. Plus, it doesn't hurt that she is totally hot!

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
                  i actually thought this introduction made her alot more appealing. They werent trying to push her character onto us as being this amazing person who can easily replace carson. I actually warmed to her more, having her humbled and anxious. Although, she aint no carson.
                  exactly..i think if she'd been all "Excuse me dr weir but i think i should be able to keep my CMO position because im super smart you know and so i deserve it" it wouldve only served to make us dislike her straight away, i thought her introduction was handled just fine.
                  to be honest i couldnt care less if shes super smart or not, im fine with her just being the doctor. i dont want her getting storylines those should be reserved for shep mckay teyla and ronon (and weir for however long she will be with us). imo.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    to be honest i couldnt care less if shes super smart or not, im fine with her just being the doctor. i dont want her getting storylines those should be reserved for shep mckay teyla and ronon (and weir for however long she will be with us). imo.
                    But considering the OMG!HAWT! reaction to her and the fact that she and AT are the "shiny new toys" for the writers to play with, JS is most likely going to get far more attention when it comes to scripts than RL. Added in with Sam's arrival, I imagine Teyla will get her "story arc" and then be back to being Ms. Invisible.
                    sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                    ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                      Plus, it doesn't hurt that she is totally hot!
                      God you are so shallow it hurts but I guess that is the viewership Skiffy is now aiming for.

I like Jewel Staite it is just her character I don't like. It is cardboard 2-D character with zero chemistry and she is simply too young for a doctor. Jewel could easily play a medical intern but NOT a CMO. maybe in ten years and we don't need anther genius. We already have one and with Carter coming also, there will be two of 'em. Carson wasn't some genius. He was human. Dr. Keller is some freaky genius again who wears waaay too much make-up (I guess it is supposed to make her look older - sorry PTBs that didn't work at all)
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

After seeing the new doctor, I say: Bring Carson Beckett back. I miss him!
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I like the fact that they were depicting Keller as someone who might actually have some flaws they'll need to work out or personal challenges to overcome. I know it's probably hoping for too much to think that we'll actually get to see any of that but if we do it'll be a nice break from the cast of superheros, what with having an actual human around and all.

It was sort of funny hearing her talk without the Kaylee voice to, kinda threw me for a second there.

Comment

Okay, so lets dump Jewel and Rachel, then hire some ugly fat chicks to play their roles instead.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Well it's only been one episode, so I can't say I am disappointed.

I like the fact that she thought she was unsure, and even incapable of taking over Carson's duties, which in a way sucked because it meant that Carson's role within Atlantis was bigger than what was shown on screen.

Although she only had a small bit of screentime, I thought the character did have potential. Beckett himself wasn't all that appealing at first, like how he was acting all cool after almost killing two people with a drone, but as time passed he became an enjoyable character and I think the same could happen to Keller.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by snuffle View Post
                                I thought her introduction was perfectly handled, I think they wanted to make sure they didn't force this character onto us. So it'll be a low process not all in one episode, but i like her so far
                                Agreed. They palyed it safe and IMHO made her a likeable character. I may hate her later but so far I like her.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X