This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    So I see this Appreciation thread was merged with a general *we hate her she is not Carson* discussion thread.
    Except that the thread title says Discussion and Appreciation
    Give folks a chance to discuss, and they're liable to to just that. The first post does not list this as a "protected" thread, so you have to expect some negativity. Such is life on Gateworld.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
      i like Jewel on SGA but i am not sure if i like the blonde hair color...i like her brownish hair color like it was for Kaylee
      I did - very nice

And the introduced her brilliantly, looking forward to more of her. Hopefully it won't be a "blink and she was gone again" like with Lexa Doig (though in fairness, Staite is a better actress)

Comment

Yes. The Cameron - Discussion and Appreciation Thread is a protected pro thread for Cameron Mitchell. This one should be the same for Keller.

I'd like to see people try to go into the Cam thread and diss him and get away with it. Well I wouldn't like to see it, but I know what would happen. I don't understand why Keller's fans are being treated differently.

Oh, btw, Keller is cool
        scarimor

Comment

I'm completely pro Keller and pro Jewel so I would like this to be a pro-thread where we can discuss the character and appreciate the being that is (another goddess of mine) Jewel Staite.

But that's just my two cents.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I'm completely pro Keller and pro Jewel so I would like this to be a pro-thread where we can discuss the character and appreciate the being that is (another goddess of mine) Jewel Staite.

But that's just my two cents.
            ya I'm going to go with pro i wish willow was here but from her posts and considering she was the one that brought up the issue i would assume she wants a pro thread.

The Pro Jewel Staite/DR.Keller Discussion and Appreciation spoilers for season 3/4
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              ya I'm going to go with pro i wish willow was here but from her posts and considering she was the one that brought up the issue i would assume she wants a pro thread.

The Pro Jewel Staite/DR.Keller Discussion and Appreciation spoilers for season 3/4
              LOL! I am here!

I posted in the Mod thread that I want a Pro Discussion and Appreciation thread, at least for the time being. Till the dust settles. Also piccies, we need to have piccies allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                LOL! I am here!

I posted in the Mod thread that I want a Pro Discussion and Appreciation thread, at least for the time being. Till the dust settles. Also piccies, we need to have piccies allowed.
                then it settled The Pro Jewel Staite/DR.Keller Discussion and Appreciation spoilers for season 3/4

Comment

Okay, so is this the new thread where negative opinions of Dr. Keller can be posted?

I'm asking because I noticed that the original Discussion/Appreciation thread has been labelled "PRO" and I don't see any specifically Anti-keller threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                    Okay, so is this the new thread where negative opinions of Dr. Keller can be posted?

I'm asking because I noticed that the original Discussion/Appreciation thread has been labelled "PRO" and I don't see any specifically Anti-keller threads.
                    thsi thread is for pro and anti now just a discussion thread

the offical pro only thread is here
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40565
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 11 February 2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      thsi thread is for pro and anti now
                      Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Hey all I am new to this thread and new to this actress I only saw serenity and did like her I didn't watch Firefly "poundpuppy29 ducks to avoid flying objects" but when I have money I plan to buy the DVDs because it sounds like a show I would've liked and movie probably would made more sense to me. I also hate that she is replacing Beckett but I am giving her a chance.
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

My main objection to Dr. Keller is the way Beckett/PM was dumped to make room for her.

This next bit is a little off topic, so into spoiler tags it goes.

Spoiler:
                          The writers didn't even bother to finish off the Michael arc properly, it's just been left hanging with...superbugs? okay. whatever.

There was quite a bit of opportunity in that arc for Beckett to express remorse or face consequences for what he'd created/caused with his research, thus demonstrating that the very human Dr. Beckett was not perfect, but could be redeemed and could learn from his misjudgements. Even in the first episode with Michael, IIRC, Beckett had started to express doubts/remorse about his research. But I can also understand the desperation that the expedition was feeling what with the wraith consuming whole populations in a galactic feeding frenzy, and still determined to head for earth next.

No two ways about it. The tptb dropped the ball here and Beckett/PM paid the price for it.

Okay, enough about that. Back to Dr. Keller.

The fact that they're writing her to be, basically, just a Beckett clone annoys the heck outta me. The impression I get is that they just gave her Beckett's lines.

And I have nothing against Jewel Staite. I'm a Firefly/Serenity fan myself, and I loved the Kaylee character.

Overall, I'd have no objection to keeping Dr. Keller, as recurring, if Beckett were somehow returned to Atlantis, as a regular.

Comment

Loved JS in "Firefly" but don't want to watch her take over Carson's role. I don't understand why they needed to bring her aboard except that she's more eye candy for the male audience members, and I guess that's what counts to tptb.

Comment

Why are people trying to turn this into a Pro-only thread? There's already this one.

Not to mention that the original poster specifically said that there's already a pro-thread, linked to it and specified that this should be a general discussion thread.

We do not need 2 pro threads and 0 free discussion threads!

Comment

I set up this site for people who don't like Keller:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/drkellerdiediedie/

Comment

Working...
                                X